Finally starting to click

I've played around 60 games so far this FIFA and I had been finding it really hit and miss.
The tackling in the box has been a nightmare, and I have found myself struggling in front of goal. I think I have lost as many as I have won, using formations with wingers. It has been pretty annoying because I have been dominant stats wise then losing to a stupid off goal.

However I have switched to 4-3-1-2 and noticed an immediate improvement. With two strikers up front and a cam the link up going forward is so much better and you can actually pass your way to goal and carve out a chance.

Suarez has gone from 8 in 25 to 8 in the last 3. And I'm no longer relying on my cms to chip in.

Comments

• Baznotsobad76
    5062 posts Big Money Move
    Nice one mate.. I've just switched back to a 4321 formation and only played 4 games last night but it felt better and more fun, which is the main thing...
  • strings79
    1981 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice one mate.. I've just switched back to a 4321 formation and only played 4 games last night but it felt better and more fun, which is the main thing...

What workrates you use for the cms ?
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Well done. I tried different formations and 4-3-1-2 is good and works well for me. My improvement came when I slowed down and held right off on using sprint, since then much more competitive and fun. Good to comment on a positive post.
  • Yeah there has been a lot of negativity with the new FIFA and I have tried my best to refrain from moaning on here all the time as most people have covered my feelings up until now.

The 4-3-2-1 has been my favourite formation previously, but in BBVA there is not much decent choice out wide. Konoplyanka has great stats, but his work rates left him a bit isolated in no mans land, I never got on with Fegouli and arda is a rm or cm for me with those stats. It might be a different formation all together with Neymar/ronaldo/Bale/Messi but I don't have that kind of coin and there is so much quality that is much more affordable in the middle of the park in BBVA.

Also agree there is much less of an impulse to hold sprint all game in this form. You can just build forward steadily and then work it quickly around the box with quick short 1-2s and little dribbles into the box, for a good chance.