Comments

• JimmyVulmer
    6178 posts Big Money Move
    Love the generic, useless statement from EA at the end about their security measures
  • MattAllen28
    241 posts Sunday League Hero
    exactly
  • PeaTearGriffin
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The things people do for virtual coins is beyond sad.
  • MattAllen28
    AnonyOpRevo has said they are watching EA. I don't know what he means by that, but it can't be good if Anonymous is after you.
  • Pikachu
    8746 posts League Winner

It might be, but when it has monetary value (albeit illegal) then you can see why people do it if it's going to profit them with not too much effort.
  • MattAllen28

I don't think it's a hack by an individual. Did you ever think that EA gave their account details freely knowing they would get hacked. If so, the YouTubers deserve it. Just my opinion. They're all a bunch of glitch artists, and coin selling miscreants.
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something
    Love how they make it all about youtubers. Plenty of regular people have been targeted also.
  • MattAllen28
    Jake wrote: »
    Love how they make it all about youtubers. Plenty of regular people have been targeted also.

• JimmyVulmer
    6178 posts Big Money Move

And they also wouldn't likely get the same treatment as high-profile YT'ers. I know Woundedgoat got helped but you really can't expect to get that kind of a response from EA typically.
  • CornishLad
    23941 posts Club Captain

Yeah but there is no way for the "Regular people" to be contacted by the news.
  • MattAllen28

And they also wouldn't likely get the same treatment as high-profile YT'ers. I know Woundedgoat got helped but you really can't expect to get that kind of a response from EA typically.

A case that was being watched by a bunch of folks from the forum though. If that happens to me, I'll bring it to the forums, and shed as much light on it as possible. That's how you light a fire, good sir.
  • ShandyDrinker
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    The laughable thing about all this though is that the high profile people who have been hacked, are being offered along with certain EA personnel extra security. Wait a minute, As a paying customer shouldn't we all have the extra security measures offered to us ? Even Nick28t commented on how disgusting it was that he was offered extra security and how and why that isn't offered to the rest of the community. Fair enough if EA could guarantee ourselves security and that our accounts will never be compromised then fair enough, but how many times are we reading about people getting hacked whether is this forum or other forums. Those extra security measures that are offered to Castro, W2s, Nick28t etc. should be offered to us all ;)
  • Tricky D
    471 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA wrote:
    An EA spokesperson said: "We encourage all Fifa players to secure their accounts with authentication and verification steps, which we outline on our help and our product sites. We are consistently working through our customer experience teams to secure accounts and make sure players are educated when account compromises are made."

hahaha hollow ****

doesn't mean anything when any rat piece of trash can ring up sanjeev or prandeep and get your account transferred to them because the customer support are completely useless
  • ShandyDrinker
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Heres the proof in the pudding, us peasants aren't offered the extra security lol :D

Speaking to the BBC, Matthew Craig, the man behind MattHDGamer, said: "There have been about 10 or more accounts which have been hacked over the last two weeks, me included." He says EA apologised once he had alerted them to the hack and have helped him since. "They got my account back, added four or five more security measures, and my account has been fine since."
  • Ki I 18 I
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tricky D wrote: »
    EA wrote:
    An EA spokesperson said: "We encourage all Fifa players to secure their accounts with authentication and verification steps, which we outline on our help and our product sites. We are consistently working through our customer experience teams to secure accounts and make sure players are educated when account compromises are made."

hahaha hollow ****

doesn't mean anything when any rat piece of trash can ring up sanjeev or prandeep and get your account transferred to them because the customer support are completely useless

I've often spoke to folk in Manilla who say they're called Dave or Steve. Next time you speak to them the lassies are called Ruby and Bellatrix. They **** make it up as they go along.
  • MattAllen28
    The laughable thing about all this though is that the high profile people who have been hacked, are being offered along with certain EA personnel extra security. Wait a minute, As a paying customer shouldn't we all have the extra security measures offered to us ? Even Nick28t commented on how disgusting it was that he was offered extra security and how and why that isn't offered to the rest of the community. Fair enough if EA could guarantee ourselves security and that our accounts will never be compromised then fair enough, but how many times are we reading about people getting hacked whether is this forum or other forums. Those extra security measures that are offered to Castro, W2s, Nick28t etc. should be offered to us all ;)

All the people you mentioned are also coin promoters who likely got banned, not hacked. Just saying. I've seen the coin selling websites contracts(you can look them up), and there is most usually a stipulation in the contract stating that if they (the promoter) get banned, they cannot say they were banned, and are made to say they were hacked. If they follow the stipulation they will be given what they lost and more in coins, players etc.
  • CFC Jacob
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tricky D wrote: »
    EA wrote:

hahaha hollow ****

Literally, this article makes them out to be some sort of criminal mastermind cracking security step upon security step...