Should you get angry at time wasting?

Vivvid
568 posts Sunday League Hero
Or is it part of football

Comments

• RadioShaq
    18644 posts Moderator
    Time wasting is impossible because high pressure and auto defending is so op right?
  • ROABS
    853 posts Semi-Pro
    ifs its extreme it annoys me , if someone time wastes as soon as they score ex. 30th min.

if its the last 10 mins or so it annoys me less as its part of the game. i dont think ive ever done it though.
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Time wasting is impossible because high pressure and auto defending is so op right?

• Vivvid
    I just played a good opponent to break down or good AI whatever. Conceded 3 goals in 20 mins, had a non rare keeper and if you make a mistake and you have a non rare keeper chances are its a goal no matter which angle. Managed to get it to 3-2 and he started time wasting at around 83rd minute
  • ROABS
    853 posts Semi-Pro
    while annoying its a legit tactic late in the game. imo

im sure he thought if he gave you posession youd score.
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    I score go 1-0 up defend all match then in the last 10 minutes I pad my stats by timewasting
  • Vivvid
    ROABS wrote: »

I take it as a compliment from him. But still its quite a dirty tactic
  • ROABS
    853 posts Semi-Pro
    Vivvid wrote: »

tell me you dont know the feeling on the other side though? your leading a game 3-1 or 3-0 and all of a sudden everything starts going wrong and your opponent scores some random goals.

do you continue to play attacking football with the lead or slow it down?
  • Vivvid

tell me you dont know the feeling on the other side though? your leading a game 3-1 or 3-0 and all of a sudden everything starts going wrong and your opponent scores some random goals.

His goals were quite lucky tbh. A keeper like Begovic/Moya would have saved them.
  • ROABS
    853 posts Semi-Pro

His goals were quite lucky tbh. A keeper like Begovic/Moya would have saved them.

why not upgrade your keeper then? begovic is class this year.
  • Slikwille
    486 posts Sunday League Hero
    IMO, if you waste time by passing it around the back between your defense and GK, at any time, you are a tool. I have no issue if someone wastes time by keeping the ball in the attacking zone near the corner flags.
  • Vivvid

why not upgrade your keeper then? begovic is class this year.
    Spent coins on the team had 500 coins for the keeper. Needed 1 match to replace him. Unlucky
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Its typical and normal. If he had 3-0 and you made it down 3-2 had momentum with chances for 3rd its no brainer. Would do it 100/100. Take it as compliment and part of tactic. Its not fishy, its not against ay rules. Its just smart tactic for last mi utes of the game. Dont expect him to play open game with you if he leads at the end, that would be just stupid
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Should you? No
    Will you? Yes
    I do
  • Vivvid
    duf wrote: »
    Its typical and normal. If he had 3-0 and you made it down 3-2 had momentum with chances for 3rd its no brainer. Would do it 100/100. Take it as compliment and part of tactic. Its not fishy, its not against ay rules. Its just smart tactic for last mi utes of the game. Dont expect him to play open game with you if he leads at the end, that would be just stupid
    Never expected tbh. But he went at corner flag not just wasting around
  • Vivvid
    Should you? No
    Will you? Yes
    I do

True that
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, i'd do that too. Its good for keeping posession to get in the corner flag and keep it there. Its far from own penalty zone and its hard for you to get the ball because by doing it you can put it on a throw in or corner. I'd do it too in such game. And most teams from civilized regions do it too in real football whenever they got a chance.

Adding to it, i might even move to the corner flag instead of going for a goal on a counter. You dont have to score there and if you miss you give ball away with a risk of conceeding a goal
  • Vivvid
    duf wrote: »
    Yeah, i'd do that too. Its good for keeping posession to get in the corner flag and keep it there. Its far from own penalty zone and its hard for you to get the ball because by doing it you can put it on a throw in or corner. I'd do it too in such game. And most teams from civilized regions do it too in real football whenever they got a chance.

Adding to it, i might even move to the corner flag instead of going for a goal on a counter. You dont have to score there and if you miss you give ball away with a risk of him to equalize from it
    No problem, would hate it if someone did it at 2-0 up in the 60th minute
  • L1vingl1fe
    4828 posts National Call-Up
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    I score go 1-0 up defend all match then in the last 10 minutes I pad my stats by timewasting

You are the worst type of opponent to play... Cowardly way to play.
  • duf
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yea, that would be annoying. It normally hapoens during last minutes of the game when 90 approach/ added time
  • Vivvid
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    hasan09876 wrote: »

You are the worst type of opponent to play... Cowardly way to play.

Div 1 is full of these
  • heavymcd
    10073 posts Has That Special Something
    I'll start in the 70th or so if I'm up by 2. And plenty of real-life teams do the same. I'll try to push it to the opponents third, and corner flag, but above all else I'm keeping possession. If it means long passes across to switch the play, or even a pass back to the keeper, doing it.
  • Time wasting is so provoking. So its probarbly working like it should. It is a delight though when this happens in game:

• Kove
    4709 posts Big Money Move
    This game isn't football and behaves nothing like how football should. Once you get past that it is much more enjoyable.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    It's legit but really boring, i can understand the opponent but i've never really done it.
  • I feel bad doing so. Guess thats the reason why im not progressing from div 3.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    In real football it's a common tactic, especially in cup matches.. And it's considered to be smart and professional by the commentators and pundits...

In Fifa it's also a smart tactic but I always suspect it's being done by some smirking, cocky, little git who needs his controller sticking up his.............

Yes.. It does make me angry....
  • Chalky
    50 posts Park Captain
    I don't do it but I can understand when people do, it's a part of the game. I just try and imagine that they're a win away from promotion or staying in the div and they've conceded so many last minute goals recently