I don't get it.

Reezus
11182 posts Has That Special Something
Buckle up, this is gonna be a long one.

I'm 44-12 in Draft atm, 3 losses in a row tonight.

I usually have 0 issue getting to at least the 3rd round or even winning the draft, now I read the changelog for the patch and do I think it's changed the core game? no. GK's however at least in recent experience are god awful, or at least mine seem to be. I wasn't outplayed in any of those 3 losses either which I guess is the somewhat frustrating part of it but all 3 were against <90 chem Draft squads that weren't that strong, of course the no chem IF Ronaldo striker was prevalent but other than that, nothing special.

Either I just played 3 of the worlds greatest FIFA players or something is different. I don't usually have issues with defending in any capacity whether it be LB + Y's, LT + RT, skill moves, etc but man tonight it's been all over the place and it seems as though my opponents just cannot put a foot wrong no matter what. High pressure gods, skill move maestros and clinical finishers. I don't get it.

Game 1 - 4-3
Game 2 - 2-1
Game 3 - 3-1

My drafts for once weren't even that bad, now I completely understand the whole element where you are going to play better players in draft, I welcome that. The "betting on your own skill" part is what makes it such an enjoyable game mode, but like I mentioned, I wasn't outplayed overall in those three games hence why i'm a little confused.

I dunno, maybe the pro players are out tonight and i'm just having an off session or maybe there's other factors at play. Not gonna get mad over it or anything.

Can't be mad today anyway. #Kloppmas

Comments

• Gemini no Ken
    2075 posts Fans' Favourite
    You probably came up against me, sorry bro
  • Reezus
    edited October 2015
    You probably came up against me, sorry bro

Nah, that's an easy W. I'd have known that.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    Seems like you're already mad
  • Reezus
    Nah, nice try though.
  • Gemini no Ken
    2075 posts Fans' Favourite
    meh you are not missing much. Just won my 2nd draft of the day and got like 15k back again, Mertesacker was my best player. Go figure.
  • Reezus
    I tend to have "easier" games during this time of the night too against North/South americans.

Putting it down to a bad run.
  • Tropicaz XBL
    4308 posts National Call-Up
    Been exactly the same for me, weird
  • Reezus
    Been exactly the same for me, weird

least it's not just me
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Yeah Draft has got a lot harder because the more you win it the better players you play. Also always avoid new created accounts it's usually sweaty dudes with nothing to lose.
  • Reezus
    Don't know why I kept going.

47-15 now.

More and more "occurances" that are completely out of my own control. Weather it be my own AI that i'm not controlling deciding to slide tackle in the box on it's own or my GK deciding he doesn't feel like using his hands anymore.

Joke.
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Yeah I know what you mean I gave up on draft now. 3 times I didn't even get to the semis in a row last night. It's not worth the FP unless you get to the finals.
  • Reezus
    I genuinely don't remember the last time I was beaten in draft specifically by someone who was actually better at the game, instead of someone getting a helping hand along the way.
  • Dare To Dave
    4441 posts National Call-Up
    Practise on seasons to help you get better.

:smile:
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain

Just winning Division 7 undefeated . Seasons seems breeze compared to Draft for me. Not because of skills because I feel people in seasons play more realistic than draft noobs. 3 chem Ronaldo and Messi run wild and all the while you can't finish a goal to save your life.
  • Campino
    27140 posts Player of the Year
    Blarix wrote: »

Just winning Division 7 undefeated . Seasons seems breeze compared to Draft for me. Not because of skills because I feel people in seasons play more realistic than draft noobs. 3 chem Ronaldo and Messi run wild and all the while you can't finish a goal to save your life.

Exactly this
  • Reezus

Step your troll game up chap, you make enough of these types of threads to know.
  • Dodds
    7810 posts League Winner
    I noticed the goalkeepers from short range now are terrible, I had a game last night where Bravo was basically invisible.

Honestly the worst GK I've ever used so far, one of the goals was from a cross on the HWL. Header from outside the box and it literally went through his hands, I couldnt believe it.

However having IF Fahrmann, is a different story he's bloody fantastic.
  • Mike_Pickford
    3691 posts National Call-Up
    Played four draft games tonight. Won one and lost three. Across all four games, I conceded a combined 15 goals, with my goalies making a similarly combined total of 9 saves. Not even sure where those nine saves came from because in three of the four games my opponent scored every shot he had on goal. I don't remember how many saves the goalies in the other three games made, but in the last one, where I lost 5-4 :# , Begovic made 18 saves for him. Just incredible sometimes. Feel totally helpless at times.

My own mini rant for the night...
  • Reezus
    Klopps LFCTV interview and first presser has taken my mind off **** FIFA.

What a human being.
  • Reus
    22556 posts Club Captain
    Reezus wrote: »
    Klopps LFCTV interview and first presser has taken my mind off **** FIFA.

What a human being.

He ruined dortmund after a great start by letting the best players go and buying a load of rubbish players with the funds received

They were also terrible at the back in the last two seasons

Sounds like Rogers version 2
  • Reezus
    Not even close to Brendan.
  • eJousie
    733 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've had the same since yesterday. Getting battered all over the place. Players do incredible runs, Ronaldo skilling from his own half to my box and fires a rocket in the net.

In the meantime I'm working really hard to get a goal with passing, finding the free player, keeping possession and all my opponent is doing is running wild with skillers and no matter what I do I can't get them of the ball. I use contain, I use standing tackle (and when I tackle them the ball bounces to another player of them), sliding tackle, I let the AI defend but they keep zig zagging through my entire defence.

So frustrating and I might do something wrong? I'm not the best Fifa player but certainly not the worst IMO and I feel like I'm the worst EVER. I need to put in so much effort to get a goal and they seem to play so easily that I can't shed the feeling that they know something I do not.

Any tips?