Why online IS broken in FIFA.

IDB
1876 posts Play-Off Hero
edited October 2015
UT (most can also apply to H2H)

- The only way of scoring is literally either a) counter attacks or b) running through defense. It's so annoying because you NEVER get rewarded for build up play. May as well play a 5-1-4 because the midfield is USELESS.
- The referees are all high on drugs, and all have their heads shoved up their own arses, they call fouls for literally NOTHING. You could be going up for a header, or patting your own teammate on the back and it's a foul.
- Everyone has eyes on the back of their head; you play a pass and an opponent looking away from the ball and not being controlled by the opposition can randomly turn around knowing a pass is being played, then go ahead and intercept the ball easily. And there's NO WAY to stop it, you can't even move your player towards the oncoming pass FFS.
- Sh*t players get rewarded for being sh*t. Well done having 1 shot on target outside the box and 1 goal vs my 5+ shots on target in the box with 0 goals.
- Another case of the above^. All of my properly timed tackles, guess what? Go RIGHT BACK to the opposition. Has @Rob let us know if there is ... in fut16? It sure feels like it.
- Keepers run out for NO DAMN REASON, and they just WHACK the damn ball out of bounds instead of PASSING IT LIKE A NORMAL KEEPER. They also randomly run out and head the ball like they're Neuer, but what ends up happening is they turn into Joe Hart and give it straight to the opposition.
- Instead of jumping for headers, players do the dead fish celebration as if they scored.

Pro Clubs (short because wrong section, but still relates to title)

- Teammates are always idiots and hog the ball instead of passing
- Captains can move you from CAM to CB because they're all douches.
- Captains can keeper charge, and keep conceding goals.
- Captains can keep offside trapping, which makes your defence move up to halfway.

No tl;dr, don't be a lazy bum.

Comments

• Thomas_Müller
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its broken because of elo matchmaking
  • Hurleybird10
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I agree with all of them mate but take out the h bomb otherwise this will be deleted
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2015

There are Divisons for a reason. Use divisions instead of ELO.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    I agree with all of them mate but take out the h bomb otherwise this will be deleted

Thanks, fixed. :)
  • Thomas_Müller
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015

Yes, i dont want to play against div 1 opponent when i am just in div 7 just because i am on a winning streak
  • FlyingPorkChop14
    4185 posts National Call-Up

Yes, i dont want to play against div 1 opponent when i am just in div 7 just because i am on a winning streak

EA just don't get that
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    This game's biggest problem is how it caters to novice FIFA players.

The GK bail out bad players constantly in 2 ways. Their ridiculous saves in the box and the fact they rush out constantly as if they're Neuer on roids. You can play a through ball to your striker, but it won't matter, because the GK turns into superman and comes charging out.

And then of course the defending in this game.

The attacking AI is far too stationary as well. When you play a pass to a player, the defender has more momentum to intercept the pass than the attacker receiving it. Even though it should be equal.
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    All valid points. I played a game yesterday where my opponent just ran at me with Remy and even though I tackled him several times, he kept the ball somehow... Yet my opponent seems to just contain and wait for the AI to intercept a pass.
  • ThierryHenry1621
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Game is awful full stop
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

The GK bail out bad players constantly in 2 ways. Their ridiculous saves in the box and the fact they rush out constantly as if they're Neuer on roids. You can play a through ball to your striker, but it won't matter, because the GK turns into superman and comes charging out.

The attacking AI is far too stationary as well. When you play a pass to a player, the defender has more momentum to intercept the pass than the attacker receiving it. Even though it should be equal.

Yep, I don't know how people can enjoy this stuff, even if you're winning 100% of your games. Although it's time-consuming like entertainment is and should be, it's just not enjoyable.
    kktalha wrote: »
    All valid points. I played a game yesterday where my opponent just ran at me with Remy and even though I tackled him several times, he kept the ball somehow... Yet my opponent seems to just contain and wait for the AI to intercept a pass.

Yep, tackles are all useless in this game. It's literally more efficient to run through the player with the ball, and steal it that way.

• IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm seriously considering trying to get a refund from Sony for this broken game, anyone else on this same boat?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Tackles from behind have to be penalised. Driven pass is a complete waste. You should simply pass at the power you charge up to . When a defender tackles you head on , you should LOSE the ball simple.
  • Raphiduck
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    This is just the worst fifa ever.

With the last patch, they turned back ALL the defaults from FIFA 15. Problem is that it adds to the numerous other defaults of this game :
    - AI defending in high-pressure is absolutely ridiculous.
    - Any player may intercept any ball as if he had 85 interceptions. Most of the time, even the worst defenders like Strikers intercept everything that passes by... pathetic.
    - The high-pressure can go for 90 minutes and every player keeps running like a kenyan (no offense).
    - The referees are more randomized than the national lottery. Every single contact can end up in a foul for no reason, and sometimes even the most OBVIOUS penalty is not given for the simple reason of "LOL RANDOM THIS IS SO FUNNY TO GIVE YOU THE WORST REFEREES !".

Well, the list could go on and on, but this game has so many default it's just insane.

And the patch after 2 weeks is the most dishonest thing i've seen in my life.
    EA released a game pretty different from 16 to make magazines and press saying good stuff about it, and once everyone bought it and read all the game testings, they just change everything and make every default from the previous episodes come back in the game to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off the players and to make everything more random in order to help stupid kids win game even when they play like crap.

Pathetic game, pathetic company. EA is the worst.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    IDB wrote: »

Yep, I don't know how people can enjoy this stuff, even if you're winning 100% of your games. Although it's time-consuming like entertainment is and should be, it's just not enjoyable.
    kktalha wrote: »

Yep, tackles are all useless in this game. It's literally more efficient to run through the player with the ball, and steal it that way.

Doesnt matter if you win or lose game is boring as hell, each side s high pressing each other, ai intercepting % 80 of your build up play passes , even if your player has more than 80 agility it still takes 2 days to make a single turn
    % 90 of my opponents just rely on ai defending as manual defending is totally handicapping yourself as the juiced ai doesnt make a single mistake , contain you to hell , sense all of the passes and intercept them perfectly, this game is chaos rather than football
  • L1vingl1fe
    4828 posts National Call-Up
    Raphiduck wrote: »
    This is just the worst fifa ever.

With the last patch, they turned back ALL the defaults from FIFA 15. .

lol no they didn't. While I agree the game is horrible, this is simply a false statement.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    We immediately need a patch which will enable to "play beautiful" football
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up

The striker and wingers always run away from a pass.
  • Xtc
    I am amazed at how bad this game is. I cannot believe what the state it is in. Unless you play hyper defense like everyone else does, you really have no chance. So now every player can defend and intercept. Players whose game is speed and agility is handicapped so they can be caught EVEN when clear. Goals mostly created form scrappy play and the joy of achieving something is lost completely.

Again,I cannot believe the state this game is now in. It is embarrassing.

I wonder if EA cares at all?
  • L1vingl1fe
    Xtc wrote: »

I wonder if EA cares at all?

I guess we will find out in the next couple of weeks hopefully...
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Raphiduck wrote: »
    With the last patch, they turned back ALL the defaults from FIFA 15. Problem is that it adds to the numerous other defaults of this game :
    - AI defending in high-pressure is absolutely ridiculous.
    - Any player may intercept any ball as if he had 85 interceptions. Most of the time, even the worst defenders like Strikers intercept everything that passes by... pathetic.
    - The high-pressure can go for 90 minutes and every player keeps running like a kenyan (no offense).
    - The referees are more randomized than the national lottery. Every single contact can end up in a foul for no reason, and sometimes even the most OBVIOUS penalty is not given for the simple reason of "LOL RANDOM THIS IS SO FUNNY TO GIVE YOU THE WORST REFEREES !".

Well, the list could go on and on, but this game has so many default it's just insane.

And the patch after 2 weeks is the most dishonest thing i've seen in my life.
    EA released a game pretty different from 16 to make magazines and press saying good stuff about it, and once everyone bought it and read all the game testings, they just change everything and make every default from the previous episodes come back in the game to ❤️❤️❤️❤️ off the players and to make everything more random in order to help stupid kids win game even when they play like crap.

Pathetic game, pathetic company. EA is the worst.

You must have misread the patch notes:

VlSVYeK.png

There's no need to spread misinformation.
  • Xtc
    in long thread, Frankenberry picks on one post.
  • L1vingl1fe
    Xtc wrote: »
    in long thread, Frankenberry picks on one post.

While I almost always disagree with him and detest how much he sticks up for EA ALL THE TIME, he does have a point this time. The patch didn't change anything that the quoted poster is claiming it did...
  • Xtc
    I agree with him to. Its not the point tho. Cherry picking comments to derail what the thread is saying is silly.
  • TheBaldyBuddha
    1611 posts Play-Off Hero

- Captains can keep offside trapping, which makes your defence move up to halfway.

Stop playing drop in matches and join a real club, Drop in is for kids and getting accomplishments end of
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

Stop playing drop in matches and join a real club, Drop in is for kids and getting accomplishments end of

Not playing pro clubs around other people's schedules. I want to play when I want to play. I've got a club with rl friends but they either have crap to do or are playing other games which results in only playing with one at a time, and it's boring only playing with one other person.
  • TheBaldyBuddha
    1611 posts Play-Off Hero

Not playing pro clubs around other people's schedules. I want to play when I want to play. I've got a club with rl friends but they either have crap to do or are playing other games which results in only playing with one at a time, and it's boring only playing with one other person.

Wanna get together with people that play then, 5 of us play every night from 8-2 so have never really had your problem.

• IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero

Wanna get together with people that play then, 5 of us play every night from 8-2 so have never really had your problem.

I would, but I've got school and crap to take care of, which is why I'm not really into committing to people or anything like that, and I'm probably going to get rid of the game tbh. It's not worth the money to only enjoy playing pro clubs for a short time frame.

If I can't get a refund, when BO3 comes out I'll probably never play 16 again unless a friend wants to play a couple matches.
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up

- The only way of scoring is literally either a) counter attacks or b) running through defense. It's so annoying because you NEVER get rewarded for build up play. May as well play a 5-1-4 because the midfield is USELESS.
    - The referees are all high on drugs, and all have their heads shoved up their own arses, they call fouls for literally NOTHING. You could be going up for a header, or patting your own teammate on the back and it's a foul.
    - Everyone has eyes on the back of their head; you play a pass and an opponent looking away from the ball and not being controlled by the opposition can randomly turn around knowing a pass is being played, then go ahead and intercept the ball easily. And there's NO WAY to stop it, you can't even move your player towards the oncoming pass FFS.
    - Sh*t players get rewarded for being sh*t. Well done having 1 shot on target outside the box and 1 goal vs my 5+ shots on target in the box with 0 goals.
    - Another case of the above^. All of my properly timed tackles, guess what? Go RIGHT BACK to the opposition. Has @Rob let us know if there is ... in fut16? It sure feels like it.
    - Keepers run out for NO DAMN REASON, and they just WHACK the damn ball out of bounds instead of PASSING IT LIKE A NORMAL KEEPER. They also randomly run out and head the ball like they're Neuer, but what ends up happening is they turn into Joe Hart and give it straight to the opposition.
    - Instead of jumping for headers, players do the dead fish celebration as if they scored.

You need to practice. My experience has been the exact opposite on every point you made. Except the fouls - the refs are ridiculous.

• IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    TKBC wrote: »

You need to practice. My experience has been the exact opposite on every point you made. Except the fouls - the refs are ridiculous.

Wouldn't matter if I was the best at the game. Those would still apply, and the game is still not enjoyable.
  • FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    Agreed on all of it.

I have never encountered a company that has such disregard for their loyal customers, it's almost disdain. Year after year the same problems, year after year no communication, the same stale, ridiculous gameplay for at least 4 years now with only minor changes making it bearable about every other year.

They've realized they have a cash cow with all the FUT addicts and there's no reason to change the formula in their minds. You have long dedicated, top players giving up the game and there's no show of urgency to implement changes that have long been needed, or even acknowledgement of concerns.

In the end the we, the consumer, are the fools for throwing money at them after getting so little year after year. If people stopped spending on FUT you'd see swift changes for the better, as cash is the only language they understand.

3FJrvJo.jpg