The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Pre-Contract Signings

Add1cted
64 posts Park Captain
So Ive seen a few people having problems whereby a player doesnt actually join their team after agreeing a pre contract. This means you're paying for the player and dont get to use him. Pretty bad...

Ive just had something that could be considered the opposite. I signed a 65 OVR 24 yr old striker ready for my second season with Cambridge. I was promoted to L1 after this (dont know whether this is relevant). I offered him 4k for 4 years and he accepted.

When he signed, he was the same player, same name, same wage cost... but 75 OVR. He's already up to 77 OVR by October. Worth 6.5m (base, would imagine I'll get close to double). Basically when I sell him (and I'm sure I will) he'll fund the entire push to the premiership as I'll be able to buy 7-8 promising 19-20 yr olds who will grow to be high value players.

Now I'm not saying this isnt great for this particular career. However surely this is a bug? Anyone else had the same?

Comments

• Add1cted
    64 posts Park Captain
    Player is - Diego Falcinelli
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    Did you just get lucky with that player's growth? I signed a number of players in 15 in this way and they normally arrived a better rating than what I signed them at. Not 10 points as these were normally already highly rated players, but often saw a couple of points change.

I did fall foul of a game bug with this in 15 which I'm not sure other people had which was I ended up busting my squad size due to pre contract signings arriving and signing up youth players towards end of season. Thought I'd have a gap to release some players before the new ones arrived but it didn't work out and the game save was just corrupt. Fortunately I work with a few saves rotating so I was able to recover the career.
  • Add1cted
    64 posts Park Captain
    http://sofifa.com/player/193077

This is him on sofifa - 65 ovr 72 potential. Looks like he's glitched according to the comments so a player bug not a career mode bug.

He's transfer listed first season so if you have ~750k (or can wait to sign on a pre-contract) you can get yourself a real bargain.
  • Add1cted
    64 posts Park Captain
    Well - offers came in after 6 months (Jan after I signed him for free in July)

17m to Hannover

Better than a financial takeover... Lets hope the budget carries across to next season
  • Nakusin
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm not sure it's a bug but more a feature they implemented in FIFA 15 which has carried over to 16. The feature is simple, it randomly chooses some players to suddenly shoot up in overall & have high potential, it was like a hidden potential type feature & likewise some high potential players will never naturally grow anywhere near their potential, it was to add a bit more complexity to avoid just buying the same high potential players in career mode & it resulting in the game being exactly the same.

It sounds like you got extremely fortunate by having the player you signed be one of those players & the feature was to simulate precisely that above & to simulate the rise of players from lower teams to being big stars which occasionally happens.
  • Add1cted
    64 posts Park Captain
    Bless, but it's not a 'feature'.

It's not random, it's this specific player (see comments on sofifa regarding others who have found this player to be bugged). There were bugged players in 15 who jumped up when you signed them, but they were never 'random' players. Always the same ones.

If anything, you could buy this guy every single career mode if you want a free 17m! It would do the opposite of what you describe.

Nice thought tho!
  • Nakusin
    Well that's funny, because in my game players jumped whether I had signed them or not & they weren't the same players in each career mode. So far every player I've seen jump far beyond there potential I've not been able to find them on any of the glitched player lists & I've never signed them until they caught my attention. On top of that, over multiple career modes, multiple seasons, multiple leagues, it's never been the same players on my games. So take it as you will.
  • Add1cted
    64 posts Park Captain
    Interesting. I only ever play career mode and didnt experience what you describe, as in each of my 9-10 careers in Fifa 15 the same players were bugged if I bought them. It was quite a useful trick given the fact budgets didn't increase properly for lower league teams.

Can you link examples? Which players etc? Maybe screenshots?
  • Nakusin
    The main players I were thinking of were glitched after all looking at older lists (sorry for that, I only started looking today) I can't remember the names of them all because they are usually glances & the ones I can remember off the top of my head have been glitched now I've looked a little deeper at older lists (I can only find out if I load up FIFA 15 but as little effort as that is I don't have the conviction to do so) so I'm questioning myself on whether maybe the others were glitched & I just didn't notice that said however I can confirm they didn't glitch in every career mode because I was waiting for some of them to do so when I started a new career & they didn't, likewise my nephews game had players glitch that never had on mine & vice versa.

I think Barca signed a crazy good GK on my current game he may be glitched but I didn't pay much attention, I was planning on starting a new game today (I nearly always have one English career & a Spanish career at least, depends since I'm playing Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection at the mo as well) so I'll keep an eye out & if/when I go back I'll try to remember to catch his name to see.

There is one curious player on my current game, he seems generated but he's too "old" really to be generated, he's at like Genoa, 22 (but I'm like 3-4 seasons in so now I think about it maybe he was a generated 18 year old?) but he's a LB called Fred Amos & is like an 82 already, know anything about that sort of happening? I've had a look for him on Sofifa & that doesn't seem to have him pop-up when searching, so I'm assuming generated, but it's strange to see a generated player just be so good so quickly.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Someone on this forum pre contracted him as well, remember them saying he grew a lot. Presume that he grows that much in most or all careers on the first season. :o
  • Add1cted
    64 posts Park Captain
    Well I bought an 18y/o RM 66 OVR from Napoli for ~800k with the cash as well as a few others, hoping he'll grow to world class.

Potentially this LB Amos was a similar 2nd season generated player that's gained 4ovr per season (starting in late 60's). Not sure that would be a glitch as its perfectly possible for him to grow to that level at 22.

It's more the players that grow ~12 OVR in less than one season AFTER scouting or during transfer.

Does look as though (on sofifa) they have updated this player in the latest patch which probably means they've fixed the glitch. Shame!