Anyone else struggling on this fifa?

Rulistening
1929 posts Play-Off Hero
I cant actually buy a win its quite depressing. Ref's give me no decisions. My AI run into eachover like its blind date. My goalkeeper couldn't catch a cold, and its every team. My record is horrendous compared to others years (sat at like 29-9-12) and every team i play with plays worse than an amputee catching competition

Comments

• EXOTeddyBear
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    I don't think you are the only one. My record is 16-4-12 so if you say your record is horrendous then I don't know :p I am still trying to adapt to the game cause it's a very good game to be honest, but it is completely different from 15. Also I have some problems where every single time I touch the opponent's players, I get a foul lol
  • Rulistening
    1929 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't think you are the only one. My record is 16-4-12 so if you say your record is horrendous then I don't know :p I am still trying to adapt to the game cause it's a very good game to be honest, but it is completely different from 15. Also I have some problems where every single time I touch the opponent's players, I get a foul lol
    Top moment for me was when i got tackled, my player got floored. foul to him. Excuse me?
  • DiFFeRenT_Gr4vY
    3739 posts National Call-Up
    I'm finding it hard
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Yep. I'm 35-12-10 and for me that's bad. I won 60 D1 titles last year so this is a culture shock
  • EXOTeddyBear
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    COACH wrote: »
    Yep. I'm 35-12-10 and for me that's bad. I won 60 D1 titles last year so this is a culture shock

60 D1 titles??? :open_mouth: I did not reach division 4 lol :p
  • SPU004
    1571 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've found it difficult also. I've got the worst record I've had at any previous FIFA. But I'll persevere...
  • Eric the eel
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've never been that great at the game and really struggled at first. But seem to of got into it as of late.Last 11 games are W9 D1 L1 which for me is unreal.I'm sure the honeymoon period will be over soon and I'll come crashing back down to earth.It's taken over 100 games to play well though lol
  • InfernaL
    1448 posts Play-Off Hero
    you're not the only one, im at a 13-7-12 online record. I'm shocked at how many losses I have so far compared to previous years
  • Mark73
    167 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's hit and miss for me. Sometimes I can get a good 3 goal win. Other times I can get beat by some little dribbler ****. I find it hard to stop dribbling and end up just knocking over for penalty
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2015
    In fut online seasons I'm 6-0-1 so far, in draft I'm 1-0-1. So not yet..
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    it's been said many times. you cannot play it like 15. I never care about my record. I just try duff formatiins, players and tactics. Too many people care too much. try new things and you will get better. record will suffer as you experiment but so what ?
  • ha032742
    35204 posts Moderator
    Lots of draws for me, very few losses.
  • Zzz-Assault
    1383 posts Professional
    I am on 69 wins 10 draws 20 loses ATM. Which I feel is decent, hopefully it stays that way!
  • Shrug
    3 posts Ball Boy
    played since 2009, this one for me is the worst. Complete lottery, perfect for the overpassers that make every boring game complete, what a let down from last year ! Grrrrrr
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    17,4,13 I think div 7 4th season last year div 2/3 I don't have no expectations I'm just trying to enjoy the game and make more coins.
  • allLuckNoSkill
    1656 posts Play-Off Hero
    im finding it difficult to score off my chances but i create a bunch it is definitely frustrating when you have 15 shots 11 on target and you lose 2-1 and your opponent has 3 shots 2 on target
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    COACH wrote: »

60 D1 titles??? :open_mouth: I did not reach division 4 lol :p

Well I can't get past D3 in this game. Wow. What a difference huh?
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    SPU004 wrote: »
    I've found it difficult also. I've got the worst record I've had at any previous FIFA. But I'll persevere...

Damn right we will
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Mark73 wrote: »
    It's hit and miss for me. Sometimes I can get a good 3 goal win. Other times I can get beat by some little dribbler ****. I find it hard to stop dribbling and end up just knocking over for penalty

Wow @Mark73

I've made 2 threads asking for assistance on this both on offense and defense.

They literally walk past me. It's embarrassing
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    im finding it difficult to score off my chances but i create a bunch it is definitely frustrating when you have 15 shots 11 on target and you lose 2-1 and your opponent has 3 shots 2 on target

Same. Maybe semi shooting?
  • Hannibal
    767 posts An Exciting Prospect
    dont worry about it mate, plenty of people struggling

and like you said, its actually depressing sometimes, i cant defend properly, but everyone i play is a pro defender and dribbler and just ice skates right on past me

i hardly win any of my matches convincingly

• CR7BRUH
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    I struggle defo, especially on draft my god.... I aim and press x and the pass hardly goes to my player.

I need to impove upon everything in this game.
  • Deeenilo
    1201 posts Professional
    Tbh im not struggling for gameplay, my record is awful Because im having a lot of
    Connection issues. I do steuggle Because This year i have zero time to trade so im sat al 200k with basically no teams (2 discards teams) but no idea to how make some coins
  • Ishibum
    12427 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm plodding along at a level not too dissimilar to last year. I reckon I have more or less got the hang of the passing, and now it's about having two teams that 'feel right' for me.
  • peter.sund@live.se
    12 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm having a hell of a time. Defending is especially problematic for me, especially getting a hold of the ball. If I stand off I'll fall too deep and get scored upon with a curling shot. If I try to move up and get the ball I just end up sliding past. Meanwhile I get dispossessed like a **** everytime I try and dribble or hold someone off.

I can't work this FIFA out and I'm close to giving up on it in favor of PES. A good game should be easy to learn, difficult to master. This FIFA is a real chore to learn.
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    In my opinion, don't even worry about it... it's the game (i.e. FUT). It's terrible

I've got to the Champions Shield Final 5 times now and I still haven't won it, each time its been due to things that are completely out of my control, things like Penalties conceded by AI players colliding. I've even just got relegated from Division 8, unthinkable in previous years (I'm normally in Division One). I even tried a dozen of the skill games to see if I have a problem with basic skills but I can't have, because I got into the Top 5 on one and into the Top 50 on several others too.

After I lost 5-4 earlier I even decided to watch the opponents goals back in slow-motion after the match to see what I was doing wrong with my defending, the answer... not my fault. EVERY goal was due my players taking a mysterious step in the wrong direction, not just one player did it for each goal either, there were multiple players moving from goalside positions to leave a clear run for opponents, their were players ball watching, for one of the goals I actually won the ball, came out the other side with the ball only for my player to then mysteriously step backwards and away from the ball and then step forwards but trip over their own feet which allowed the opponent to score from a loose ball that should never have been loose.

Seriously, save the footage, watch it back, you might be surprised how blatant it is. The game chooses the winner.

I can't say I'm bothered, it was bad last year, it's bad this year, it'll probably be bad next year too, no one forces us to play, laugh it off in my opinion.
  • ha032742
    35204 posts Moderator
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I'm plodding along at a level not too dissimilar to last year. I reckon I have more or less got the hang of the passing, and now it's about having two teams that 'feel right' for me.

Slowly feeling more comfortable with the mechanics of the game too. Got a main team that I'm settled with and a 2nd fitness team that's basic but I'm slowly improving. The game is so much more rewarding than 15 imo.

• After I lost 5-4 earlier I even decided to watch the opponents goals back in slow-motion after the match to see what I was doing wrong with my defending, the answer... not my fault. EVERY goal was due my players taking a mysterious step in the wrong direction, not just one player did it for each goal either, there were multiple players moving from goalside positions to leave a clear run for opponents, their were players ball watching, for one of the goals I actually won the ball, came out the other side with the ball only for my player to then mysteriously step backwards and away from the ball and then step forwards but trip over their own feet which allowed the opponent to score from a loose ball that should never have been loose.

THIS. This is what is happening to me constantly. I have no issues attacking but defending the one defender breaks ranks, leaving a huge gap for the other team to poor through. All the goals I conceded today were because of this
  • Eric the eel
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    To be honest when you get used to playing in 16 it really isn't that bad :)
  • Abdulhamed
    2902 posts National Call-Up
    Division 4 atm, 60 wins 20 loses not bad overall