The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Auto defending REVIEW

FIFA_DADDY
286 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 2015
Hi everyone just a little review on FIFA auto defending , first of all its a custom tactic's 100% pressure 100% aggression setting the team to defensive and holding R1 to defend. ( player switch to manual) sit at half time for a quick counter attack.

Results as follows :smiley:

10 games played 10 games won.
The only goals I let in was when I forgot its was auto mode.
The other player has 14 + shots all long, 99% are blocked by auto defender
The auto defender never fouls.
On corners you just run to half way line hold R1 for a quick and easy counter goal.
The more a player attacks the more goals I score.
Long shots are saved
Short shots are blocked.
The other player has millions of corners but don't worry the AI will save it. Maybe a problem once GK is patch however.
My team feels and plays faster.
Stamina is a max for 87% mins because I'm not chasing all over the pitch resulting in late sprint goals.
If the player starts trying the lob assist pass don't worry AI gets it.
The most goals the other player has scored is 1.

Problems using this as follows

Some times when the AI gets the ball I get control of the player and he leaves the ball behind must be something to do with R1 button needs patching if we are to continue to use AUTO defence.

EA SPORTS its in the game

Not playing online again till this is fixed. I know now that this is why online is so hard to score.

Post edited by FIFA_DADDY on

Comments

• lordCriper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Wow, kinda sounds like the "switch to goalie" fiasko in 12 (or was it 11?)
  • bravia26s
    298 posts Sunday League Hero
    YOU SURE IT WORKS ALL THE TIME? I DOUBT SO
  • Guido
    7 posts Ball Boy
    100% with you. I completely agree. I played all Fifas, all of them with good level, always on Div 1, Online Seasons, FUT. I am patient, like to play slow, built up, make good plays. But this game, I can't take it. It's too much. The passes, are awful. It's frustrating every game. The worst thing: I WIN, BUT i don't feel satisfied. I make a goal, and I don't see the replay. I don't like it, I used to defend very well, using a lot of pressing, and now, I leave the AI auto, because if not, is nearly impossible. Again, I win, but I don't like it at all. I'm thinking this time to see what happens with PES.
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes I won all ten games , ^ passing is a little better on manual , its really easy to learn.

@bravia26s it won't be 100% win rate but its a lot easier winning like this. I shoot from anywhere because I know who won't score.

Everyone is already doing this. Its going to need to be fixed and this is why you can't have a full manual player switch online.
  • bravia26s
    FIFA_DADDY ...

I TRIED JUST NOW .. YES ITS MUCH EASIER TO WIN .. THEN THIS GUY SCORED FROM LONG RANGE .. :#
  • RageRambler
    924 posts Professional
    Every person who defeated me, played this way. There's no counter, unless both players play auto defend, counter. And normally those games end in either 0-0 or 1-1...

The games I won were against those who did NOT auto defend. You can tell the difference between a auto AI defender from a real person. Real ppl tackle sloppy, dive, and foul u. So, when I see a person manually defending against me, I honor abd respect this by manually defending him without hitting R1 the entire match.

Honestly, it's much more fun, but can get hilarious with all those interceptions and pass deflects, lol. I still maintain a 70-75% passing, but the scores are much higher, 4-3, 3-2, 5-3, etc.

EA, listen up. REMOVE AUTO DEFEND! REMOVE THE R1 CONTAIN! IT IS RIDICULOUS, AND PPL ARE EXPLOITING IT TO WIN. EACH TIME I USE IT, AND MY OPPONENT DOES NOT, I WIN. IF WE BOTH USE IT, THE GAME RESULTS IN A TIE, IF I DON'T USE IT, ABD MY OPPONENT DOES, I LOSE. I'VE EXPERIMENTED AND TESTED THIS OVER DOZENS OF GAMES ONLINE

REMOVE R1 AUTO DEFENDING. IT'S BROKEN AND DEFINTEL NOT WORKING AS INTENDED

• Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Which game mode did you play? I hope it's division 1 or draft...
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    And now even more players will adopt this tactic as they cant win another way - Thanks a lot .......

What happens when EVERYONE online uses this tactic? How do the games go then....
  • bravia26s
    WELL ITS STILL OK FOR ME SINCE ITS A I BITE YOU YOU BITE ME THINGY
    AT LEAST ITS NOT A ONE SIDED LIKE BEFORE
    HEEHEE
  • RageRambler
    924 posts Professional
    edited October 2015

Most players already knew about this.. Most of those who played this game as if they were playing fifa15,, 2.0 version, either returned the game or stopped playing...
  • SuPeRz
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    OP... Holding R1 is also how you dummy the ball so your player leaving it alone will occur if you miss time the presses. In my review I highlighted the bogus button mapping especially for new features announced. I wish we could remap buttons for both defending and attacking but for ALL commands