Let's be honest FIFA 16 is a bore-fest

Recoba
4384 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2015
After 100 games I cant really say im having fun.

Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun.

Comments

• Korthan
    2486 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very limited ways of scoring.
  • Gunther
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just got a bs offside, then my opponent messages me and we start talking how bad this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Im having alot of fun. If you are good you can still have goal fests winning 5-0 but most of the time its 1-0 2-1 3-1 etc.... its more like real football and that makes it fun.
  • FlashDelirium
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    Im having alot of fun. If you are good you can still have goal fests winning 5-0 but most of the time its 1-0 2-1 3-1 etc.... its more like real football and that makes it fun.

People hate the game, not because they can't outrun everybody, but because of the pressure. It's unrealistic, it makes the game boring. When it's not boring against high pressure it's the most frustratingly stupid game going. The unforced errors, the late goals which come out of nowhere where the rules of the previous 85 minutes no longer exist.

When you play a sim guy, the game is not bad. No doubt, that is what caused EA to stumble releasing the game as is. When guys play the right way and use actual football strategy, it's very playable. That guy is outnumbered by 10-1 by guys who exploit because the game is too easy to exploit, even more so than FIFA 15, which even the exploits could be controlled by not playing like a spazz.
  • Floody
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    Exactly. I loved the game at first but as you play it more the faults are very clear. EA have messed up making AI defending too easy and everyone is exploiting it with high pressure/ park the bus.... it is just not fun to play.
  • D0N L0GAN
    80 posts Park Captain
    Korthan wrote: »
    Very limited ways of scoring.

Yeah you can have the lion share of possession and a ton of shots from different ranges and angles and the keeper saves the lot. The fact that no one plays with wingers anymore says it all when it comes to how ineffective crossing is. Goals now are - Mad scramble followed by a deflection, a parry, two defenders colliding and a scuffed shot from two feet in off the post.
  • RadioShaq
    18974 posts Moderator
    Should make offense manual ai does everything.
  • princeapalia
    1416 posts Play-Off Hero
    Agreed.

There gameplay is actually decent (apart from referees), but the game is just boring. Every game feels stressful and I don't want me blood pressure to double every time I pick up a controller.
  • D0N L0GAN
    80 posts Park Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »

You spelt defence wrong.
  • ReusKrispies
    2507 posts Fans' Favourite
    What's wrong mate can't zig zag and sweat your way through on goal amy more?
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2015

haha I already won div 1 n Im still not enjoying the game that much. HIGH PRESSURE is just too effective, I mean, I beat most of the people who play that way, but its not fun to play against high pressure / tackle spammers, most of the time I can only do 5 consecutive passes before getting fouled. EA is on the right track,but this game needs a few adjustments, specially high pressure, HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO BLIND N SAY FIFA IS PERFECT AS IT IS? It s clearly not perfect, but it ll be really close if they managed to fix those issues.
  • Mourinho
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Floody wrote: »
    Exactly. I loved the game at first but as you play it more the faults are very clear. EA have messed up making AI defending too easy and everyone is exploiting it with high pressure/ park the bus.... it is just not fun to play.

I agree, the worst fifa of all times. Contain, Auto Tackle, Auto AI pressure must be tone down a lot in a patch.
  • D0N L0GAN
    80 posts Park Captain

Haven't heard that response before mate. Very original. Well done.
  • RadioShaq
    18974 posts Moderator
    D0N L0GAN wrote: »

You spelt defence wrong.

Naw everyone turns up the speed and passing making runs for 90 minutes its not realistic.
  • D0N L0GAN
    80 posts Park Captain

You spelt defence wrong.

Naw everyone turns up the speed and passing making runs for 90 minutes its not realistic.

You're right the games not realistic, I agree. I believe the overwhelming majority of people on here's number one complaint is high pressure. Never heard anyone complain about turning up the speed and making runs. Is it affecting your constant high pressing?
  • CoolNickHD
    771 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm having a lot of fun. Scoring is very satisfying and you just get a good feeling when you make a good pass or run
  • Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain
    8YaH0Lp.jpg
  • jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    Everything is fine apart from pressure and zig zagging to an extent.

Sort the pressure and the game would be brilliant
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Game really is excellent once you put the time in to learn it and stop playing like you would FUT 13-15.
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    CoolNickHD wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of fun. Scoring is very satisfying and you just get a good feeling when you make a good pass or run

This exactly!
  • Mutu10gol
    2991 posts National Call-Up

• RadioShaq
    18974 posts Moderator

You spelt defence wrong.

You're right the games not realistic, I agree. I believe the overwhelming majority of people on here's number one complaint is high pressure. Never heard anyone complain about turning up the speed and making runs. Is it affecting your constant high pressing?

I suppose people are hypocrites and just want offense to be easier. Most don't even know their is a setting for manual offense.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    I've never had more fun with a fifa everyones struggling while i have out played every person i play with a low pressure aggression custom tactic scoring in a variety of ways some games dont score 2 3 goals till late on. Adds excitment feels like real football.
  • Shonosuke
    1507 posts Fans' Favourite
    this game is nothing like real football. Chances that would be converted 100% of the time in real life by any top striker are always saved by the keeper yet some impossible near post shot goes in
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    My mandzuik finshes every thing you need to master each skill game play them for a week
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Its not perfect but its way better than any fifa ive ever played in terms of realism.

Something like lobbed through balls over half the field and shooting is still way to assisted but ea are going in the right direction
  • Dhaggy
    435 posts Sunday League Hero
    they have to fix the bug dc at the end of the game, cus of that alot of ppl dont go up divisions cus the dc counts as a loss, and cus of the same bug alot of ppl not even playing FUT , so i think if you play D1 now it doesnt mean you will stay there when that bug is fixed there will be more players to play against,

on the gameplay it self i think its just ok , mayby the gk's are a bit op but i have seen them make stupid mistakes also.
    i think you get a penalty abit to easy.

how ppl play is up to them selfs, if they wanna play offencive or defencive and try the counter its about winning a game how they do that is just there strategy . if you dont like that you dont like football.

for me this game is fun , only thing that frustrates me is the dc at the end of game.

• Enguin
    11854 posts Has That Special Something
    It's good, not as good as 14 but it's a different kind of game. This year it feels much more like PES than ever before. It's a slower pace and requires more passing than dribbling to be effective at attacking, and this is where the issues arise.

Defenders don't have the ball while defending, obviously, so they can just move freely about. With high pressure you get a lot of players swarming the general area where the ball is and the play becomes congested. This exacerbates the issues that exist with passing. Most of the time passing is fine, but you always get that one random pass where you try to touch the ball delicately to a team-mate and your lad leathers it 30 yards. It's enough of a problem in itself, but combined with the fact that you are likely being swarmed when it occurs, it's game-ruining.

The game sets itself up in such a way that the best way to attack is through passing, creating space and then exploiting that space. This is countered by the passing model being ridiculously inconsistent in how it works. Driven passes may go to the intended recipient, they may go out for a throw-in. Skill passes may sneak through to the intended recipient, they may hit the only opposing player for 20 yards. It's completely random when so many players clog the one area and shuts down proper play.

Offline these issues don't exist, career mode is extremely enjoyable bar the AI on legendary preferring to make 78 passes from their left winger to their keeper than attack when 1-0 down which is nonsensical as much as annoying.

This post was quite the ramble, I should be asleep.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up

You can zig zag.
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Recoba wrote: »
    After 100 games I cant really say im having fun.

Video games are meant to be just one thing. Fun.

You all wanted fully assisted SIM gameplay.