Valencia Club de Fútbol 2016/2017 | September Results

Comments

• Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Disappointing to draw to Eibar, and even Valancia. You need to win those types of games if you want to continue to challenge for the title.
    Chris wrote: »
    If you keep drawing games, Barca will start to pull away
    Yeah, disappointing results for sure, need to cut out the draws
    Ashy wrote: »
    yeah dropping a few points drawing some games, I expected Barca to pull away it will be hard to keep with them unless you are Real Madrid or something, keep it up you never know :)
    Will be a challenge definitely, still a long way to go though

• tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Shame about the draws, but looking at the bigger picture, you're still doing incredibly
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Shame about the draws, but looking at the bigger picture, you're still doing incredibly

• Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    dNaOxgr.png
    It has today been confirmed that Sofiane Feghouli has signed a new 5 year deal with the club. The 26 year old said he's very happy that everything is sorted and he can continue to have his best years at Valencia.

"I was never going to be leaving, I got talking to the boss and he told me I'm a valuable part to his plans right now and going forward. I'm very happy it's all done and I can focus on this season"
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Good job resigning him.
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    R9NabYV.png
    The transfer window has opened and the crazy rumours have begun. According to sources, Valencia are interested in trying to persuade Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the Mestalla Stadium. The club believe if they keep in touching distance with Barcelona they could tempt the big Swedish striker to have one final year in Spain.

He wouldn't cost anything with PSG not renewing the strikers contract however wages could be the struggle. Nuno Espírito Santo hasn't commented on the reports.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    Great work so far with results, unlucky with Gaya though :( Excellent business getting Feghouli to sign a new deal as would Zlatan if he does joins.
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    January Results
    wFLWP66.pngBldRH9P.png
    gvtaWUT.pngftXW6V9.png
    kwhz0UE.png6Cu0yeq.png
    5CIiWa8.png
    9dkmSeR.png

Nuno - The Managers Thoughts
    "Any other season I think we'd look at that Real Madrid result and think it's a fairly decent point, this time around I'd have to say I'm disappointed though. We were good enough to win and once again we're dropping points with sloppy draws. There's still two games in hand for us, I'm not worried just yet. With the window open I'm always looking to strengthen the squad however these things aren't easy. We'll have to wait and see."
  • Sloosh
    6757 posts Big Money Move
    Decent results but could have gone better, Zlatan would be a massive coup if you can pull it off
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    still in title race good point against Real Madrid and Gijon when down to ten but your still drawing to many atm hopefully can get abit of luck and nick a few more wins :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    At least you didn't lose, but there were quite a few draws in that month.
  • Chris
    5642 posts Big Money Move
    Undefeated result there, but you're drawing a lot of games which is a shame
  • Ashy
    14685 posts Has That Special Something
    decent unbeaten month, if you win the 2 games in hand the top is looking pretty close, surprised Sevilla are doing so well
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Decent month, especially the draw with Real. A lot of cup games there...
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Sloosh wrote: »
    Decent results but could have gone better, Zlatan would be a massive coup if you can pull it off
    Thanks
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    still in title race good point against Real Madrid and Gijon when down to ten but your still drawing to many atm hopefully can get abit of luck and nick a few more wins :)
    Hopefully so :)
    At least you didn't lose, but there were quite a few draws in that month.
    Chris wrote: »
    Undefeated result there, but you're drawing a lot of games which is a shame
    Yup still too many draws for my liking, need to try and cut them out sooner rather than later
    Ashy wrote: »
    decent unbeaten month, if you win the 2 games in hand the top is looking pretty close, surprised Sevilla are doing so well
    Thanks & yeah, i'm a bit shocked as well
    Decent month, especially the draw with Real. A lot of cup games there...
    thanks pal

• LaMertesackerRun
    Not a bad month. Playing the same team three times in the space of a month :o
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    p1EDX7q.png
    Valencia are delighted to announce the signing of 22 year old, Ravel Morrison. The English midfielder was signed for around €6 Million from Lazio.

"I'm very happy with this move. It's time for me to prove my ability and my worth." said Morrison. Manager, Nuno Espírito Santo, has said to be very excited by the prospect of having Ravel Morrison in his side and is sure he'll prove all doubters wrong, "He's a player with plenty of talent and I have no doubt he'll show that here. I wouldn't have signed him otherwise. Ravel will be a fantastic addition to our squad."
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Good signing in Morrison. Hopefully he can succeed for you.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Interesting signing
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    2GiDxLr.png
    The deal for a move between Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Valencia is off.

Sources say both the player and Valencia were interested in this however the stumbling point was the wages. Ibrahimovic was looking to earn around 200k a week, a figure Valencia were not willing to match. They tried multiple different offers but a fee could not be agreed.

The deal could still happen in the summer however with Valencia boss, Nuno, still keen. With the window shut now and the only income being the talented but controversial Ravel Morrison, some fans must be wondering if it was enough.
  • Chris
    5642 posts Big Money Move
    Good signing in Morrison. He's had a weird career path until now, hopefully you can turn his fortunes around.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Great stor, love the Marca graphics!

Morrison is an intriguing signing - would be good to see you get the best out of him!
  • Ashy
    14685 posts Has That Special Something
    Ibra was always going to be unlikely, Morrisons is a good signing though, hope he comes good for you
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Intriguing signing in Morrison. Shame about Ibra :(
  • IRobert
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2015
    Ravel is a very good dribbler a good transfer.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ibra's boring.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    be interesting to see where Ravel fits into your team unlucky to not got ibra but you have enough firepower all ready
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    Thanks for the comments all

Will pick this up again shortly
  • Farlz
    9534 posts League Winner
    February Results
    uMmspvk.pngfSo2l0M.png
    s8YsDpP.pngC9Cwm0w.png
    7SG2wMT.pngNBPzp91.png
    kIEwuJV.pngbu4Bkt5.png
    qVGtukS.png

Nuno - Managers Thoughts
    "In the league we've performed well. The gap is down to two points now and we'll make sure we push Barcelona all the way. The concern however is our results in the Copa del Rey and the Champions League, we're not in a good position and it's going to be a true test for the squad. Getting knocked out of both now would be very disappointing."

• BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Still going very strong! Disappointing to lose to Sporting but hopefully you can turn it around!