Protect/shield ball L2?

PhrygianDom
43 posts Last Pick at the Park
Hi,

So in previous fifa games we could protect the ball while holding L2. Also while running towards the ball you could press L2 to push your opponent with your shoulder. I used it a lot in previous games but in this fifa it seems its not working. Did they remove it?
With strong players you could really make a difference with this button.

Comments

• jt0783
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    nope, was one nil up yesterday. got a corner, shielding it turned it into 8 corners turned it into me winning the game :)
  • NejvetsiBorec
    1198 posts Professional
    jt0783 wrote: »
    nope, was one nil up yesterday. got a corner, shielding it turned it into 8 corners turned it into me winning the game :)
    Haha, great tactic. :lol:
  • PhrygianDom
    How!?? :-)
  • jt0783
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    jt0783 wrote: »
    Haha, great tactic. :lol:

yeah woulda been kinda pissed off if it was the other way round though ha.
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    The L2 shoulder thing still works. Al Soma is great at it!
  • PhrygianDom
    This is so weird, nothing happens when i push L2
  • How do you tackle someone doing the endless shield...? I had someone give the ball to their right back and sit there the whole game and I would get a yellow card each time I approached with a conservative tackle (circle tackle). It's actually impossible to get the ball, the only way is to R1 second defender and then tackle from the other side, but by the time you do that he's passed it to another defender and it takes another minute to organise the second defender to come in again. Rinse and repeat and it's near impossible to win the ball back!
  • urubuinflamante
    897 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2015
    homblooie wrote: »
    How do you tackle someone doing the endless shield...? I had someone give the ball to their right back and sit there the whole game and I would get a yellow card each time I approached with a conservative tackle (circle tackle). It's actually impossible to get the ball, the only way is to R1 second defender and then tackle from the other side, but by the time you do that he's passed it to another defender and it takes another minute to organise the second defender to come in again. Rinse and repeat and it's near impossible to win the ball back!

You are doing right. But with your player don't try to retrieve ball. Instead cut the most obvious passing lane.

Try to tackle when your opponent is doing a first touch when receiving a pass. He can't protect at this time.