Thoughts on this game

Lamelasaurus
840 posts An Exciting Prospect
Now I know many of you guys love this game, most of you are happy to pass it round the back and to your midfielders until your opponent gets bored and makes a mistake. But I have to be honest I dislike the game.

Firstly, Passing is like marmite for the community, you either love it or hate it and I'm favouring the latter. No matter who I have in midfield, whether it's Lahm and Thiago or Bentaleb and Mason, passes rarely go where you want them to, and most of the time my passes get intercepted anyway.
I'm not going to ramble on about how passing is slow and boring because there is plenty of threads about those issues. I'm going to express my opinions on the game and what I feel could be improved.

Crossing/Corners I feel this has been nerfed massively, probably due to the amount people complained in previous years. But corners this year are dreadful, keepers are so quick off their line to come and collect r catch the ball that I literally have given up when trying to take a corner, I now just play a short pass and regain possession.
Crosses go straight to the keeper every time, and most people love the fact you can't run down the wing and spam crosses and headers, and I'm one of those people, but when you spot a free player in the box and you're running down the wing 75% of the time the cross will be straight at the keeper or be a horrendous ball.

Goalkeepers Like previous years keepers are hit and miss, they can make an incredible 1 on 1 save then miscontrol a ball played back to them resulting in an embarrassing own goal. This year keepers are really odd, the Speed stat means nothing because they all are lightning quick off of their goal lines to reach a through ball and hoof it up the pitch.
The thing about them that bugs me is keepers can catch a volley inside the box but palm out slow finesse shots that my grandma could catch whilst having one hand in her purse getting my pocket money.

Free Kicks/PenaltiesAnother issue that many people have made threads about. But for me this is a nightmare this year. I can be clean through on goal and their CB will be pulling the shirt off my back and no free kick, but when Yaya Toure is in the box and my player looks at him he drops like a sack of spuds.
Something I haven't seen too many people mention is occasionally when I'm running with the ball an opposition player will come from behind and tackle/foul me and yet they end up with the free kick and this happens a lot.
Penalties are atrocious, some people actually play for penalties.

Overall I have to say I find this game really boring, on previous FIFA's especially last year I loved passing it around with players like Kroos, Fabregas and Iniesta, but this year I just can't get to grips with the passing. I'm not calling for it to be patched so every pass is accurate even with 46 rated players, just tweak it a little. There's plenty more things that I like/dislike but this is already pretty long.
Let me know what your opinions are.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15291 posts Moderator
    If you like passing I dunno why you don't like this year. Last year you could be ping ponging it around with your cbs and drop a lob across the whole pitch all while the defense stood around or ran away from the ball. Passing means something this year and you can enjoy using slower players.
  • Campino
    27558 posts Player of the Year
    I love it but I hate it

The passing is my biggest frustration to be honest the fact messi can't slide a ball though to two strikers when we're 3 on 2 annoys the sheer crap outta me at times

On the flip side I find it balanced and it's probably my favourite fifa for a lonnnng time but it's also the most rage inducing and that's because the keepers seem to become Jedi's
  • Lamelasaurus
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    If you like passing I dunno why you don't like this year. Last year you could be ping ponging it around with your cbs and drop a lob across the whole pitch all while the defense stood around or ran away from the ball. Passing means something this year and you can enjoy using slower players.

This was exactly what I thought it'd be like, but I can't get the hang of it yet
  • Lamelasaurus
    Campino wrote: »
    I love it but I hate it

The passing is my biggest frustration to be honest the fact messi can't slide a ball though to two strikers when we're 3 on 2 annoys the sheer crap outta me at times

On the flip side I find it balanced and it's probably my favourite fifa for a lonnnng time but it's also the most rage inducing and that's because the keepers seem to become Jedi's
    Totally agree.

I'm still getting used to it, hopefully I can find a team that works well
  • Shaanxz
    20753 posts Club Captain
    High pressure
    Park the bus
    hitting post
    Rebounds
    All AI based, no skill in defending

Apart from that I enjoy it
  • Campino wrote: »
    I love it but I hate it

I bought PES 2015 after the crippling November FIFA update, only got annoyed with PES twice that year. Never raged.

PES 2106 was clearly released early as it has some bugs but they've also built on 15 which makes it a better game, still no raging.....says a lot for the importance of user input.
    I'll definitely try FIFA when the time is right, that time is not now.
  • UTG
    2412 posts Fans' Favourite
    I love it but I hate it

I bought PES 2015 after the crippling November FIFA update, only got annoyed with PES twice that year. Never raged.

PES 2106 was clearly released early as it has some bugs but they've also built on 15 which makes it a better game, still no raging.....says a lot for the importance of user input.

Wondered why you hadn't been around as much.

Care to share any more on the latest PES. Meant to pick it up last week but haven't got round to it yet. How has it improved from 15, and has the structure of MyClub changed much since last season?

• Really enjoying it so far as mentioned in a previous post. The three main issues I'm having are:

- Passing. Fantastic on the whole. Enjoying the patient style but occasionally coming across issues when my pass isn't going to its intended target, even when I feel I'm clearly aiming at that player and especially when I'm on a breakaway. It's costing me in tight games.
    - Soft FKs and PKs (both for and against I must note). The usually fair shoulder-to-shoulder challenges are really punished this year.
    - Forwards really slow in reaction to come to the ball and the CB getting in front of the man (I may need to change my tactics to see a difference on this one to be fair).

Overall though, my favourite Fifa as well.
  • Jordje58
    2559 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2015
    been playing for 2 days now and i have to say it's so challenging ...i can't even score xD
    i do enjoy the fact that you can use all "slow" defenders now
  • Dan is Clutch
    25820 posts Player of the Year
    Personally, i love this game. It's my favourite FIFA to date.
  • Vexed Anemone
    17 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015
    UTG wrote: »
    I love it but I hate it

Care to share any more on the latest PES. Meant to pick it up last week but haven't got round to it yet. How has it improved from 15, and has the structure of MyClub changed much since last season?

Hola senor. I went awol, plus I got a new job and moved down south.

myClub as a game mode has a more polished menu system, I could list changes but I go on a bit so feel free to read my blog.
    Basically menus are cleaner, user friendly and you don't have to spend ages waiting for loading/lag after going to the wrong place. It's actually decent now. Still not as good as FIFA's though, even if certain elements are better.

In terms of non gameplay the agents are now scouts, and productive! I have a really nice top team including Zlatan and Augusto. Though I've not used them because players can be trained and levels (not just ratings) increased, they start low at level 1 or 30, 30 is default stats, then increase to level 50. Eg; I have a 77 rated level 1 Lampard. Apparently Messi can be 99 overall.
    I am getting enough trainers (ex players, different option to discarding) to train them before I play with them. Also contract costs increase as player levels go up so there's a patience approach to playing as you build up enough GP to give top players 100 game contracts. 100 game is the max.

Low level teams are fun but they've really messed up matchmaking and unlike last year where a level 1 team can play up to level 3, now you either play level 1 or up to level 5....erm, ridiculous. As an Xbox player it can be tougher to find level 1 games.
    You can now have an assistant manager, so different tactics in game. However there's a bug which has caused people to get random drops in team spirit. Might be tied to that assistant manager. Not happened to me yet....

In game the improvements are dribbling, which was the only concern from last year. It isn't laboured but free, players take good touches and it's very fluid. Passing is crisp as usual and players make excellent runs. The AI is great in that respect.
    Tackling is tougher, but in myClub with a high teamspirit it isn't really a problem. Same with keepers.
    There is an issue with refs though, and slide tackles. Refs are far too lenient, almost never giving red cards or fouls, slide tackles are overused because of it. At least you can pass your way out of trouble, when you're not bum-rushed.

Game speed is a little high in divisions, though this might seem worse by high pressure not giving fouls despite resembling the rugby world cup. Also it's 80% Bayern/Madrid/Barcelona. Poor Alan Hutton cannot cope.

I really like it though and I think myClub is a breath of fresh air, the whole game has longevity especially as offline it's a really fun affair. It's come a long way but the mode has massive scope to evolve.
    I will get FIFA though, it might be an amazing game. It's slightly odd to be on the PES side again.
  • Don't know if this is the right place but I have an xbox one and fifa 16 feels really bad not at all happy spending 60 pound on a game and being an ea access to not at all all happy with the game movement really slow the precision and timing of the player when u press the button doesn't do it straight of way defenders don't defend so many bad decision from the ref and most of all I'm in division 10 apost to be easiest division and can't hlwin 1 match at all harderly it's like playing it on ultimate difficulty in an easiest division apost to they tried to make everything so professional on the player instead of contrasting on the gameplay get lagged matches even the catalogue items making out on zero and it's blank so many issues on the game that really do need sorting out apost to make it fair on people explain how people have so much coins on there accounts in division 10 when all the confusing from third parties apost to stop all the pricecapping doesn't stop them they still selling coins the cointraders finding new ways main biggest concern is the game play and movement
  • JohnChelle
    6836 posts Big Money Move
    Personally, i love this game. It's my favourite FIFA to date.

Have to agree , and it seems to me the better team / better player seems to win the games much more , so no more ibarbo , doumbia teams sitting back lobbing balls hoping to take advantage of awful game mechanics - this year requires skill - in all aspects of the game .
  • I phoned ea up and they cudent help me at all only to say to post it on here and for the developers to see and if anyone has the same issue as me the more people that has the same issue with the gameplay movement of players and with div 10 can't win games with good players that don't do anything then the developers will look at this and think what they need to do to make the game better and make it fair on people and keep the customers happy but I think fifa 16 has gone really bad with the movement the controlling on players players like big-name and not big-name don't do anything people having catalogue problems missing dlc when downloading digital download for deluxe edition fifa16 points missing compare to fifa 15 the gameplay were much better players defend better tackling easier I was in division 4 on that one but can't even get out of div 10 or win a match on 16 really need to sort it all out alot of people are complaining about it with same issues including me hopefully they do sort it out as ea be losing alot of customers
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17262 posts World Class
    Only thing i'd change is the penalties. That's the only major fault with the game, other than that it's the best one for a long long time.
  • NoToHullTigers
    1392 posts Professional
    park the bus is the worst, everyone plays it, it's **** boring then they just try running it with there front 3
  • UTG
    2412 posts Fans' Favourite
    UTG wrote: »
    I love it but I hate it

Hola senor. I went awol, plus I got a new job and moved down south.

myClub as a game mode has a more polished menu system, I could list changes but I go on a bit so feel free to read my blog.
    Basically menus are cleaner, user friendly and you don't have to spend ages waiting for loading/lag after going to the wrong place. It's actually decent now. Still not as good as FIFA's though, even if certain elements are better.

In terms of non gameplay the agents are now scouts, and productive! I have a really nice top team including Zlatan and Augusto. Though I've not used them because players can be trained and levels (not just ratings) increased, they start low at level 1 or 30, 30 is default stats, then increase to level 50. Eg; I have a 77 rated level 1 Lampard. Apparently Messi can be 99 overall.
    I am getting enough trainers (ex players, different option to discarding) to train them before I play with them. Also contract costs increase as player levels go up so there's a patience approach to playing as you build up enough GP to give top players 100 game contracts. 100 game is the max.

Low level teams are fun but they've really messed up matchmaking and unlike last year where a level 1 team can play up to level 3, now you either play level 1 or up to level 5....erm, ridiculous. As an Xbox player it can be tougher to find level 1 games.
    You can now have an assistant manager, so different tactics in game. However there's a bug which has caused people to get random drops in team spirit. Might be tied to that assistant manager. Not happened to me yet....

In game the improvements are dribbling, which was the only concern from last year. It isn't laboured but free, players take good touches and it's very fluid. Passing is crisp as usual and players make excellent runs. The AI is great in that respect.
    Tackling is tougher, but in myClub with a high teamspirit it isn't really a problem. Same with keepers.
    There is an issue with refs though, and slide tackles. Refs are far too lenient, almost never giving red cards or fouls, slide tackles are overused because of it. At least you can pass your way out of trouble, when you're not bum-rushed.

Game speed is a little high in divisions, though this might seem worse by high pressure not giving fouls despite resembling the rugby world cup. Also it's 80% Bayern/Madrid/Barcelona. Poor Alan Hutton cannot cope.

I really like it though and I think myClub is a breath of fresh air, the whole game has longevity especially as offline it's a really fun affair. It's come a long way but the mode has massive scope to evolve.
    I will get FIFA though, it might be an amazing game. It's slightly odd to be on the PES side again.

:D

I don't mind that tbh. Thanks for the in-depth reply. Will have a look at the blog after posting here.

Only played it for a couple of months and then intermittently from there, but I enjoyed PES15 and MyClub a fair bit last time out. Glad to hear it's evolved; the player development side especially is intriguing. Might even pick it up on the way back from the school run this afternoon if I get the chance.

Sounds like nothing has been done about the high pressure, which is a shame. It's prevalent in FIFA this year too. In fact it's more noticeable because they seem to have copied PES in terms of attempting to add 'weight' to players and touches for extra realism. It worked in PES last year for me. In FUT it feels like we've gone from playing on an ice rink to playing underwater. It really isn't something that's conducive with the way the majority of FUT players behave online. The mix of lag/button delay, with the speed/inaccuracy of passing and opponent high pressure is pretty toxic; for quite a few at least.

Funny you should mention PES being rushed out. It feels the same this side. There's a kernel of an amazing game, and you can see the vision for it; unfortunately that vision isn't quite realised in practical terms (which is why I think we're getting so many volatile/extreme responses to it so far).

• Edu
    6761 posts Big Money Move
    Passing: The passing is the worst part of the game, you aim a player and the game passes the ball to the player far away and it gets intercepted. It happens most times. 70% of my passes goes to the wrong player and 40% get intercepted.

Blocking: The AI much more annoying in this game. a lot of shoots are blocked by the AI. Shooting or crossing are easily blocked by the defense.

Crossing/ Corners: The chance to score in crosses and corners are minimum now, The GK is so fast to intercept the ball and the crosses are poor made or the AI intercepts easily.

GK: They are Ninjas, never miss a cross and save 1-1 a lot, they are too fast to intercept the passes, they are in Neuer mode ON.

Pace: I like the way it is implemented in the game, The CBs without the ball can reach most fast players and they don't have an accurate shooting when they are sprinting.

Finishing: It is poor, looks like you score when the game let you do. The GKs like i said before Ninjas.

Defending: It is the easy part of the game. The AI blocks most shoots for you and intercept the passes. 53 pace CB can run faster than most strikers. The GKs also helps a lot you to defend.

LB+Y: Finally EA turned it down, it never works due the AI and poor passing.

Momentum: It is stronger than ever. You can fell the difference when it is on your side or against you. The pass is more accurate, the players run faster. The best way to avoid it is stop the game and make substitution before the opponent scores.

• AaronMFC
    1632 posts Play-Off Hero
    not a big fan after about 10 games played in ut and seasons combined and not because im losing iv won all but one which it disconnected me when i had a lead the passing may be the focus but its so haphazard i dont feel like i have any control, it decides whether it wants to pay attention to the power and direction iv intended
  • AaronMFC
    1632 posts Play-Off Hero
    just lost my first game properly 3-2 two penalties that werent and a goalkeeping howler never been so underwhelmed by fifa before this is almost all luck based