The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

Defending

Mr Hyde
293 posts Sunday League Hero
Anyone good at defending its proper letting me down i go up a goal then let a goal in and cant stop drawing games if i can keep it my end be perfect. im struggling with the passing a little but i just think its the new mechanics but my defending is poor i miss time tackles and when i tackle them give away so many pens by body barging. Any specific tactic ? or when you manually change what each player does back in edit team mode ?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    15385 posts Moderator
    Jockey and guess what they are going to do. Try to make them go on weak foot or cross instead of cutting in for example. If someone fake shots a few times try to anticipate it ect. Don't buy into all the trolls on here saying its auto defending bs either.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    What about player's changing when do you change player? manually ?
  • Hald
    17 posts Ball Boy
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Jockey and guess what they are going to do. Try to make them go on weak foot or cross instead of cutting in for example. If someone fake shots a few times try to anticipate it ect. Don't buy into all the trolls on here saying its auto defending bs either.

Agreed. Also a thing to notice is to not lose "easy" balls in the midfield when you have possesion. He will counter and you will put yourself in a disadvantageous position. It's not per se a defensive problem.
  • Mr Hyde
    like when you sorting your team out and press triangle for team instructions then can now choose player tactics on individual player and change between 3 options
  • Hald
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    What about player's changing when do you change player? manually ?
    In most cases you would want to chance manually. You have to choose the right player in the particular situation.
    Mr Hyde wrote: »
    like when you sorting your team out and press triangle for team instructions then can now choose player tactics on individual player and change between 3 options

I don't think some of these settings make a HUGE difference. But some reasonable ones can benefit you. For an example, if you play 4-1-2-1-2 with only one defensive midfielder, select him and choose that he has to stay back (emphasize his defensive responsibilties), because if he's out of place, you are defending "without a midfield".
  • Mr Hyde
    Thanks for the Info