Brentford FC - The Moneyball Project - 2018/19 - Matchdays 28-30 (Ended)

Comments

• tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    So close to the play offs. If only a couple of those loses were wins.

I look back to the first months of the season. Very costly. Would've made no difference to the managerial situation though. Made that tie in with reality
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Wonder who'll be the new manager. Wouldn't surprise me if you went with someone like Poyet tbh.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Wonder who'll be the new manager. Wouldn't surprise me if you went with someone like Poyet tbh.

Glad someone took a guess. All I'll say is you probably won't guess them. Quite an obscure choice ;)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Awards.png

Tweet.png
  • LaMertesackerRun

Glad someone took a guess. All I'll say is you probably won't guess them. Quite an obscure choice ;)
    Thought I might as well, might be able to guess it if it's a lower league English manager. Will have some more goes, Dean Smith, Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbank, Justin Edinburgh and Jim Bentley.

Nice little update there, good to see McEachran had an extremely positive impact.
  • Ezio_Auditore
    512 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hard luck to miss playoffs by just 5 points. :/
    A very tough and long season for your team.
    Waiting for your new managerial appointment.
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Who won the player sponsoring?
  • AaronMFC
    1558 posts Play-Off Hero
    hope stuani scores 24 in real life. Good luck next season
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    LaMertesackerRun won play sponsoring I believe on previous page
  • LaMertesackerRun
    edited October 2015
    Ashy wrote: »
    LaMertesackerRun won play sponsoring I believe on previous page
    Yeah I did
    May16a.png
    Sponsors09.png
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Managerial%20Appointment.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    That is an obscure choice :o
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Honestly never heard of the guy but hopefully he can do well for you.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    I only know Hasenhuttl by the name, have no clue of anything about him, but hopefully he can lead you to glory.
  • DiffidatiRoma
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Great but unlucky season. We have a lot of players with great potential, this year under the Hasenhuttl Era we can (or must!) to point playoffs!
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    No idea who he is but good luck to him
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Well...that announcement went down well...no-one knows who he is :D

Makes things more interesting.

Hope to have another update later today (though testing the recent F1 2015 patch for our league may interfere) :)
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Interesting appointment! Hopefully you can kick on this season!
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Interesting appointment! Hopefully you can kick on this season!

Cheers pal :)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional

YOUTH PROMOTIONS
    The following players have been handed contracts with the senior squad:
    Youth%20Promotions.png
    Tweet2.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Probably the right decisions with the contracts, none of them are really first team quality although I might've kept Yennaris for back-up. Some of those youth prospects, especially Thompson :o
  • Wyojasond
    11191 posts Has That Special Something
    Interesting choice for manager. I like it though. Has the potential to help the team move up
  • DiffidatiRoma
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    The youth prospects are very interesting. All the best for the future of the players that don't have extendet their contract. A little mention for Ryan Williams, last year with Morecambe was one of my favourite players in League Two on Fifa 15, he didn't have any chance in your Brentford?
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    Interesting developments
  • Ezio_Auditore
    512 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dont know anything about hasenhuttl but hopefully you made the right decision. :)
    I hope he guides your team to promotion this year.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    The youth prospects are very interesting. All the best for the future of the players that don't have extendet their contract. A little mention for Ryan Williams, last year with Morecambe was one of my favourite players in League Two on Fifa 15, he didn't have any chance in your Brentford?

Weird thing is, I'm a Brentford fan, and I still don't know who Ryan Williams is. Was a bizarre signing, don't think he's played yet... Got much better CMs on FIFA too, especially with MacLeod and Woods improving
    Probably the right decisions with the contracts, none of them are really first team quality although I might've kept Yennaris for back-up. Some of those youth prospects, especially Thompson :o

Thompson looks fantastic. Hopefully he can grow quickly and make a few appearances sooner rather than later :)
    Interesting choice for manager. I like it though. Has the potential to help the team move up

Not many people know who he is, but I love what he's done with Ingolstadt. Thought he'd fit perfectly :)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Departure.png
  • Wyojasond
    11191 posts Has That Special Something
    Sucks losing Mceachren but you got a nice payment for him. Should help provide some very suitable replacements
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Nice amount of money to receive for all the players, might've kept O'Connell though. Sad to see McEachran leave but I'm sure you can buy a more than adequate replacement for him.
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    unlucky to lose McEachran would have been nice if you had him in prem to help him reach his early promise but as already been said got a nice pay out so should be able to get a few new faces in with it :)