Brentford FC - The Moneyball Project - 2018/19 - Matchdays 28-30 (Ended)

Comments

• tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Nov15.png
    Sponsors04.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2015
    So close in the players sponsoring :# Not a bad month, pretty close to the play offs :)
  • Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Results are very inconsistent at the moment which is a shame. What are you objectives for the season?
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    Pretty good month to be fair, 2 wins a draw and a loss, 10th in the table if you manage to challenge for the play-offs that will be a fantastic season I think
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    So close in the players sponsoring :# Not a bad month, pretty close to the play offs :)

Thanks. Those 5 players have been very good this season. Glad it's close.
    Chris wrote: »
    Results are very inconsistent at the moment which is a shame. What are you objectives for the season?

The board wants us to be mid-table. Personally, as close to the play-offs as possible would be great.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Pretty good month to be fair, 2 wins a draw and a loss, 10th in the table if you manage to challenge for the play-offs that will be a fantastic season I think

Thanks. After the disaster of October, I'm delighted with those results. The draw with Bolton was very disappointing though. Heskey's weak shot was their only one of the game.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Mixed results, but you're still oh so close to the playoffs.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Dec15.png
    Sponsors05.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Not a great month tbh, only 8 points off playoffs at this stage which can easily be made up with a good second half of the season. :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Not the best month. I look forward to seeing how any possible January transfers go.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Not the best month. I look forward to seeing how any possible January transfers go.

I think there could be a fair few changes.
    Not a great month tbh, only 8 points off playoffs at this stage which can easily be made up with a good second half of the season. :)

Amazing we're still in with a shot. Need to create more chances and be prolific though. Still lowest scorers in the league :(
  • IRobert
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Only one victory in this month but you still only 8 points behind 6th place.
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    dropping down the table a bit, you are in a decent position in the table, you want to avoid relegation but on the other hand you really want to try get in the play-offs, might be too much to ask for Brentford though
  • Chris
    IRobert wrote: »

I don't think there was even one win :/

Not the best month yikes
  • IAmLikingFlame

Not the best month yikes

No, he beat Leeds.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    dropping down the table a bit, you are in a decent position in the table, you want to avoid relegation but on the other hand you really want to try get in the play-offs, might be too much to ask for Brentford though

You never know...over-achieved (in real life) last season by reaching play-offs. Need to improve in the final third though. Getting into that area loads, but just don't have the killer ball or the finishing prowess.

Not the best month yikes

Aside from Leeds ;) Preston was a joke though, the screen was pretty much white and blinding me. Won't play in snow again!
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Jan16a.png
  • mzu9
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Really nice graphics , KIU :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Not bad results wise the last 3 matches. Nice to see your looking to be active in the transfer window.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    mzu9 wrote: »
    Really nice graphics , KIU :)

Thank you buddy :)
    Not bad results wise the last 3 matches. Nice to see your looking to be active in the transfer window.

Thanks. We needed to do something. The team's been very average at best so far
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Jan16b.png
    Sponsors06.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Good signings in Fryers and Pusic. Not sure whether Cargill will play but I reckon he'll be a good back up considering O'Connell being loaned out. Not a great end to the month although you're scoring quite a few goals atm. Nice graphics. Looking like I picked the right player to sponsor B)
  • JoshDFC
    2011 posts Fans' Favourite
    still only seven points away from play offs hopefully can find abit more consistency to close the gap
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Good signings. Hopefully they can help you get closer to the playoffs.

You haven't kept a clean sheet since 19 December. Geesh. :/
  • Wyojasond
    11191 posts Has That Special Something
    Sorry man, been horrible about following this post. Following now. Been a tough season. Hope you can turn it around.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Not the best of results but like mentioned in an earlier post, a good run of form and you won't be too far off play offs, nice signings as well

also, really like the graphics
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Thanks guys. Really happy with those signings. Pusic will be a starter, Fryers will rotate with Bidwell (who has been inconsistent) and Cargill will definitely get a chance, as our defenders have been awful in recent months. Hopefully his height (6"2) will come in handy.
  • Chris
    Midtable is alright, but next season you'll have to look to push on up the table
  • mzu9
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Some nice sigings , F.Malbasic from Hoffenheim ;) , Cargill will be good for you in the longs run , got proper premier league potential.
  • Ashy
    9509 posts League Winner
    seems you will be staying around midtable this season, bottom of the sponsors for me
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    seems you will be staying around midtable this season, bottom of the sponsors for me

Oops! I've messed the picture up, you're joint second on 61.
    mzu9 wrote: »
    Some nice sigings , F.Malbasic from Hoffenheim ;) , Cargill will be good for you in the longs run , got proper premier league potential.

Hopefully! If Cargill impresses me enough, I'll go in for him permanently next pre-season.