Brentford FC - The Moneyball Project - 2018/19 - Matchdays 28-30 (Ended)

Comments

• Chris
    5386 posts Big Money Move
    Mixed results there, nice update style man, kiu
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Cheers guys. Still struggling to find the perfect balance. The team just sits back, rather frustrating
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Cheers guys. Still struggling to find the perfect balance. The team just sits back, rather frustrating
    Kinda similar to me and Rotherham, when attacking we haven't really got much support bar the front 4. And when we do have enough attackers up top then both CDM/CM's go forward leaving no one to cover the defence.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional

RESULTS

05.png
    06.png
    07.png
    Table2.png
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional

PLAYER SPONSORSHIP - AUGUST

Sponsors01.png

VIEWS FROM THE TERRACES

Fans have hailed Josh McEachran a hero after his 25 yard volley set Brentford on their way to a third successive victory over their local rivals, Fulham.

Fans have also called on referees to be improved on by the FA after a string of poor decisions across England, the latest of which saw Jota sent off for Brentford against Fulham. Jota saw two yellow cards, both of which were for tackles which saw the Spaniard get the ball.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Top of the player sponsorship B)
  • Ashy
    9585 posts League Winner
    Mix results, fantastic 90min penalty to beat Charlton though
  • Chris
    Those player sponsoring vfx's look really good dude
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Thanks guys :blush:
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Sep15.png

Sponsors02.png
  • IAmLikingFlame
    You really should've finished the month on a more positive note than that. All in all, though, you've done pretty well, seeing as you're only 2 points off of the playoffs.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Yeah, was a weird month. Started really well, then battered Cardiff but couldn't score. The suspensions from the derby day match with QPR killed us a little bit tbh.
  • matths
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not that bad from my Bjelland. Was a good month overall, too bad my player let you down in the QPR derby, hopefully you can climb up in the standings even more.
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    got a feeling the bus was parked against QPR in the second half....
  • Chris
    Vibe doing poorly so far :/ but you're 8th place which is awesome
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    got a feeling the bus was parked against QPR in the second half....

Surprisingly not. Rather go out in a blaze of glory against our rivals than invite all the pressure. Gutting to lose but accepted the huge risk.
    Chris wrote: »
    Vibe doing poorly so far :/ but you're 8th place which is awesome

In terms of match performances, he's doing rather well. Plenty of opportunities. Just been unfortunate in September.
  • JoshDFC
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    good start your disciplinary record is quite poor though you have an angry team lol
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Good start to the month, unlucky with the last 2 games. Nearly getting a point against a team when you had 9 men for half the game :flushed:
  • Ashy
    9585 posts League Winner
    Mix results but it is to be expected I think, what happened in that Qpr game :D
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    good start your disciplinary record is quite poor though you have an angry team lol
    Ashy wrote: »
    Mix results but it is to be expected I think, what happened in that Qpr game :D

All I can say is I hate QPR and Fulham ;)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Oct15.png

Sponsors03.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Not a great month especially the game against MK. Would've been good to have taken advantage of the extra man against Wolves. I see Toral's scored against his former loanee team. :( Nice to see Jota get on the score sheet though.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Not a great month especially the game against MK. Would've been good to have taken advantage of the extra man against Wolves. I see Toral's scored against his former loanee team. :( Nice to see Jota get on the score sheet though.

Yeah, the loss to Franchise FC (MK) was painful, especially since they're bottom! Former players haunted us, with Andre Gray nearly winning it for Burnley as well.
  • Ashy
    9585 posts League Winner
    Really bad month, need to be beating teams below you near the bottom
  • Chris
    Damn. That month was truly awful. Seems like your team really need a kick up the backside lol
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Damn. That month was truly awful. Seems like your team really need a kick up the backside lol

...and yet, unbelievably, I'm only 4 points off the play-offs. Ridiculously close!
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Poor month, but since the table is excruciatingly close, you could easily get back on track to compete for the playoffs.
  • matths
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ouch, such a bad month. Good thing the difference from the top is not big.
  • JoshDFC
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    not ideal but luckily no ones being to consistent if you can pick things up you may be able to push on
  • Chris

...and yet, unbelievably, I'm only 4 points off the play-offs. Ridiculously close!

Lol yeah I love the championship for how close it is