Brentford FC - The Moneyball Project - 2018/19 - Matchdays 28-30 (Ended)

Comments

• tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Decent few games there, bit of a shame conceding that late winner to Newcastle but 2 games out of 3 won is good. :)

Was fairly gutted but tbf we were awful second half. Ghilas has been a bit of a bogey player this season too!

Another question for you guys. I've been making some pre-contract signings for next season (some stunners). Unveil them this window or at the end of the season when they actually join?
  • Wyojasond
    11614 posts Has That Special Something
    I say now.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    09.png

I'll also take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays
  • Wyojasond
    Merry Christmas Tom. Some really nice results. Brentford turning into a real power in England :o
  • CaTriEm
    871 posts Semi-Pro
    Merry Christmas dude, good to see your players have no problem performing at the Emirates :D
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Twitter01.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Thompson seems to have become really useful. Great results there. And a blow to lose Milik although that is a good amount for him. :)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Thompson seems to have become really useful. Great results there. And a blow to lose Milik although that is a good amount for him. :)

With Thompson and Drmic playing so well, taking a £12mil profit in 5 months was near impossible to refuse :)
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Great results lately, you're flying up the table now. Good to see the patch is suiting you :)

A nice profit on Milik, hopefully you can replace him with a couple of decent players.
  • Wyojasond
    Great bit of business selling Milik for that much. Should have no issues finding a suitable replacement.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    edited December 2015
    10.png

Heads up guys, from tomorrow I'm away in London for a week so this will now be on hold :)
  • Wyojasond
    That Hull game :o congrats on getting to the Cup finals. Have a nice vacation man. Look forward to seeing how this continues when you get back.
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Not the best of months but at least you are through in the cup. Good luck at Wembley.

West Brom signed Farfan :o

Hope you have a good week away. :)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Thank you guys. Also, when I'm back, each results update will also see me reveal a pre-contract signing (there are 6!)
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Oooooh, I look forward to hearing who they are. :smiley:
  • Wyojasond
    6! :o
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Congrats on reaching the cup final! :)
    Not a good month in the league, but you still have some matches to come back.
    By the way, I'm also curious about the new signings. :)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    I think you will be pleasantly surprised (very much so)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Into the League cup final. :o Bit of a shame about the Hull game and ending up drawing against City when you were 2-0 up. Excellent to hear you've made some pre-contract signings though. :p
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    11.png

PreContract1.png
  • Wyojasond
    Nice signing in Corchia. Been waiting eagerly to see all these pre-cons you got :) that man city game looked ugly :o
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Nice signing in Corchia. Been waiting eagerly to see all these pre-cons you got :) that man city game looked ugly :o

It was! Was really close as well until Aubameyang scored on a pacey counter from my corner! Self-destructed after that. Brentford's record at Wembley still sucks...
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    11.png
    The new way you do team crests is lovely. Absolutely lovely.
    Also Corchia would be a good signing. :)

• tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Thanks man. Can't quite take the credit for the crests as I got them from an FM site. They are the best looking I've seen in years though :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Nice to win in the FA Cup. :o Massive shame about losing the Capital One Cup final although you'll probably get European football next season. Good pre-contract in Corchia. :p
  • Alastair
    10066 posts Moderator
    Great FA Cup win. Shame to lose in the League Cup though as that was your best chance of Europe. :(

I'm personally not a fan of those badges though. :(
  • Ashy
    9750 posts League Winner
    Harsh result against City and nice signings, I remember when he was linked with Arsenal a few years ago
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    12.png

PreContract2.png
  • Wyojasond
    Negredo :o :o man you weren't kidding when you said you made some shock signings. Team is gonna look crazy different next year.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    That's such a good signing it's stupid. :D

Seriously though, pre-contracts are OP in FIFA. I've had years where I can get 6-8 85+ players in the same year.