Brentford FC - The Moneyball Project - 2018/19 - Matchdays 28-30 (Ended)

Comments

• tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    21.png
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Also, got 5 fantastic questions so far, so thanks lads. Any more of course appreciated :)
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Destroyed Norwich there feel a bit sorry for them :D Two decent draws too especially a last minute goal against Spurs but still in the relegation zone if only you beat Southampton
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    That win away from home. :o Great results given the calibre of opposition. :)
  • Wyojasond
    11582 posts Has That Special Something
    That Norwich game, Jesus! Team keeps creeping up.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Fantastic result against Norwich.

If you go down on GD,... :rage:
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    edited November 2015
    22.png

Who has been the best player you have come up against so far? (Ashy)
    This season, it would have to be Christian Eriksen. Absolutely fantastic midfielder who still has many years before reaching his prime. He can play unbelievable passes and can set things up out of nothing. In terms of my career, however, it would be Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I played against him in the French League Cup final for Auxerre, and he is an incredible player. Very hard player to stop, due to his strength and skill. Also has amazing tactical awareness and positioning. It feels like he's a step or two ahead of you.

Do you believe with the current squad you can survive this year and could it come down to the wire? (Ashy)
    I believe so. Verdan Minasyan has got us believing again. We lost a lot of confidence in the early part of the season, and once you start losing consistantly, it's hard to see where it will turn around. We've also been very unlucky at times (such as the Man City offside goal), but the last few games, especially Norwich, has shown that we have the ability to push up the table. I think the bottom two (Sunderland and Stoke) have too much to do now, and the final spot will come down to the wire, as there's 10 teams who could still drop, but I'm sure we won't be one of them come the end of the season.

Remi, what is the meaning of life? (IAmLikingFlame)
    It's a very funny film by the Monty Python guys. One of the best films made.

Some players haven't adapted well to the Premier League, how do you feel you are adapting? (LaMertesackerRun)
    The Premier League (and English Football in general) is very different to football elsewhere. It's much faster paced and the difference in quality between isn't too high (anyone can beat anyone). Of course, it was difficult in the beginning, and my injury didn't help. I feel that the majority of us have now got to grips with what it takes to succeed, and for myself, I'm playing the best I have in my career. Last two games, I have scored, so I feel I've adapted well now, but there is still some learning to do.

What persuaded you to originally join a newly promoted Premier League team when some say you could play for more established teams? (LaMertesackerRun)
    Many were surprised when I left Lorient for Brentford. I see it as a massive opportunity. Brentford's owner and director of football said in 2014 "we want to be Premier League within 3 years" and it happened. They now have high ambitions of reaching Europe in the next few years, and I want to be a part of that. This is a club on the way up, with fantastic facilities and ambition, which I feel is perfect for my career.

The squad is one of the youngest in the league. Do you think the squad is lacking experience? (tomgreat1990)
    I honestly feel it would benefit us a little, yes. It showed in the first few months of the season, we were making too many silly mistakes. The potential of this club is huge. Honestly, I think in pre-season, there will be some experience heads coming in to help. The signings in January of Martin (Kelly) and Harry (Maguire) have certainly helped. They know this league very well, but it's very helpful to learn from people with experience.
  • Wyojasond
    Really good interview. Forgot to send my question in the other day :(
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Really good interview. Forgot to send my question in the other day :(

Cheers bro. Don't worry about it. I'll probably do some more of these with different club members :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Nice interview and some pretty good answers. :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    That was one of only two answers I would have accepting. The other one is 42.

B)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    23.jpg
  • Wyojasond
    edited November 2015
    :fearful: oh dear god, what happened!? Scratch that, thought you lost the west ham game too. Lol
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    :fearful: oh dear god, what happened!? Scratch that, thought you lost the west ham game too. Lol

lol. Liverpool are good again now (though we hit the woodwork twice).

Man Utd are just a pain in my backside
  • IAmLikingFlame
    The entire bottom half of the table seems set for relegation. :D
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Very important win over West Ham, shame about the other 2 losses but they are pretty good teams. Only avoiding relegation on goals scored atm. :#
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Great interview and the results were to be expected two tough games with Man Utd and Liverpool, both away so it's good to get that home win
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    24.png

Run-In.png
  • Wyojasond
    That graphic for the relegation run in is pretty sweet man. Really like that. This is our first story i think where somebody is fighting relegation.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    That graphic for the relegation run in is pretty sweet man. Really like that. This is our first story i think where somebody is fighting relegation.

Thanks man! There was one other (Rotherham I think). Not a position I want, but at least it's realistic I guess...
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Nothing like a good relegation battle, nice to see the last three fixtures it looks like Brentford have it worse though
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    25.png
  • Wyojasond
    Great finish to the year man.
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional

Cheers dude. First two games were so aggravating. Oscar belting long shot goals didn't help lol
  • Wyojasond

Cheers dude. First two games were so aggravating. Oscar belting long shot goals didn't help lol

Lol. Yeah I hate playing against Oscar. He always scores against me.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Congrats on the strong finish and avoiding relegation.
  • LaMertesackerRun

Thanks man! There was one other (Rotherham I think). Not a position I want, but at least it's realistic I guess...
    Yeah there was Rotherham, that was mine. Excellent work staying up despite some tough fixtures in your last 3 games. Hopefully you can go onwards and upwards now. :)
  • tomgreat1990
    995 posts Professional
    Awards.png

SquadEndS3.png
  • Ashy
    9737 posts League Winner
    Great to see you avoid relegation, team is looking good but I think you need to spend a bit in the summer
  • CaTriEm
    871 posts Semi-Pro
    Your graphics wouldn't load for me earlier but had better luck just now, great to see that you've avoided relegation. Hopefully you can make some signings over the summer and push on.