Huge Gap Between Professional and World Class Difficulty Levels

LoboMauProfile
44 posts Last Pick at the Park
This is the main problem in FIFA for me since I started playing the game. I like to play with the controls set to manual. However, if I play in Professional the CPU isn't challenging, and I easily win and become bored. On the other hand if I play in World Class it's the complete opposite: it's almost impossible to score, and the CPU always seems to score the victory goal by decree - even if I am at 100% in defense, the ball just passes from feet to feet between the opponents with a supersonic speed like guided missiles and ends up in my goal with an impossible shot.

What is this? Scripts? And what's the point? What's the point, EA, of developing a game where the final result is already determined? What's the point of playing a game where I already know the final result? This must be changed, THIS YEAR already, by a patch. Otherwise this will be the last FIFA I bought. I'm tired of playing the stupid's role.

Comments

• MuzzaLUFC
    1058 posts Professional
    Not played professional, only world class, but after 41 league games in my Leeds career I've lost just 2 and conceded just 36.

So, long story short, you're obviously not good enough...not having a dig, all I can say is persist with WC mate and you'll get there in the end. The more you use it the easier it becomes
  • Wyojasond
    11992 posts Has That Special Something
    MuzzaLUFC wrote: »
    Not played professional, only world class, but after 41 league games in my Leeds career I've lost just 2 and conceded just 36.

So, long story short, you're obviously not good enough...not having a dig, all I can say is persist with WC mate and you'll get there in the end. The more you use it the easier it becomes

Agree with this. Just try new things. I struggled at first with world class, but now I having no problems with teams I should beat. Guess it all comes down to if you want a challenge or not.
  • Flanelman
    64 posts Park Captain
    try Legendary, i actually find it easier, and from what ive read on the forums, so do other people. couldn't hurt to try just one game anyway! :)
  • Crow
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There is a huge gap though whether you can survive in World Class or not. I'm currently going backwards and forwards between the two. Perhaps adjusting the sliders might help? I found in World Class the AI would close down way to fast, to me it looks unrealistic. Teams press IRL of course but even so it is a tad too much at times.
    Before anyone says you need to get better I do play in World Class but it unrealistic, if a real team would press like that all through the game they would be knackered no?
    There are some excellent sliders over at the Orion forum which gives you more time on the ball. Both user and CPU are the same adjustments.
    Even though the sliders were done for World Class and Legendary some have said that applying them to Pro level is really good.
    I'm always after trying to get the game as realistic as possible so just keep experimenting.
  • Rickbrp
    11 posts Ball Boy
    I feel the same way about World Class, a bad team plays too good and flawless.
    I adjusted a bit their pass speed and first touch error, this way they are still capable of doing some great play but not all the time and they do make mistakes more often which happens. Game feels nice to me now
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rickbrp wrote: »
    I adjusted a bit their pass speed and first touch error, this way they are still capable of doing some great play but not all the time and they do make mistakes more often which happens. Game feels nice to me now

World class is legendary tested it out a bit its a bug for real this is why the difference is huge. Try legendary and you will see that legendary is world class lol.
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    The game for some seems broken.fact. I have played FIFA for 20 years and play on full manual controls. Always have and always will. However this time around I can't even score a goal on WC difficulty. The AI is completely unrealistic. I can have 60% possession in a game yet not mange to get a shot on goal cause the AI are constantly three man hugging you every time you have the ball. Add to that the fact that players are stood still and stagnant and refuse to move into space when your on the ball and id say that's its defo broken. Like I say I'm not crape when it comes to FIFA at all but have never known anything like it. I have tried every single camera and even adjusted the sliders so much one way or another. But it makes no difference the fact is for whatever reason for some this game is broken. The AI actually ping pong pass about themselves and manage to shoot every shot at a billion mph perfectly at goal...... that is not realistic nor is that a good game.
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2015
    En1gma78 wrote: »
    The game for some seems broken.fact. I have played FIFA for 20 years and play on full manual controls. Always have and always will. However this time around I can't even score a goal on WC difficulty. The AI is completely unrealistic. I can have 60% possession in a game yet not mange to get a shot on goal cause the AI are constantly three man hugging you every time you have the ball. Add to that the fact that players are stood still and stagnant and refuse to move into space when your on the ball and id say that's its defo broken. Like I say I'm not crape when it comes to FIFA at all but have never known anything like it. I have tried every single camera and even adjusted the sliders so much one way or another. But it makes no difference the fact is for whatever reason for some this game is broken. The AI actually ping pong pass about themselves and manage to shoot every shot at a billion mph perfectly at goal...... that is not realistic nor is that a good game.

Try it on legendary for a bit you mite find it better.

I do agree with you I have lost twice in a row now with over 60% and 0 shots WC. I really don't know how to fix it yet.

CPU run slider mite be the answer trying AI on 70.

• En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    The first two days with this game I ran a CM with Everton on WC. I found the game good tbh and finished 5 th in the league. I was actually in the champions leg places for three months straight. But ever since that the game has become unplayable and I have no clue why. I never play the game signed into the EA servers because I always find the game play completely different in all FIFA titles when signed in. So I always play CM signed out of the EA servers with current customised squads. However when I played my Everton CM and finished 5 th I was actually signed in to the servers with downloaded squads....The game became impossible after I signed out. Just wondering if that's the problem but its usually the other way around on previous FIFA games.

I have always played legendary full manual controls but this year started on WC to learn the game. I did bump it up to legendary to see what it was like a few days ago. And tbh at first the game felt very different. But hen a few games in it became like WC difficulty but with even quicker passing and more insane shooting from the AI. I have tried everything with the sliders but to no avail.
  • LoboMauProfile

lol Do you play with the controls set to manual? That's what we are talking about mate.
  • LoboMauProfile

Agree with this. Just try new things. I struggled at first with world class, but now I having no problems with teams I should beat. Guess it all comes down to if you want a challenge or not.

If I didn't wanted a challenge I would play in professional. That's the main point of this post. Like I have said, I play with the controls set to FULLY MANUAL, and it becomes impossible to compete in WC. Yes, I manage to win one game once in a while, I even draw often, but that it is not what it's expected from you if you play with teams who have to finish in the top 8.
  • LoboMauProfile
    Flanelman wrote: »
    try Legendary, i actually find it easier, and from what ive read on the forums, so do other people. couldn't hurt to try just one game anyway! :)

Thanks for the tip mate. I'll try!
  • LoboMauProfile
    Crow wrote: »
    There is a huge gap though whether you can survive in World Class or not. I'm currently going backwards and forwards between the two. Perhaps adjusting the sliders might help? I found in World Class the AI would close down way to fast, to me it looks unrealistic. Teams press IRL of course but even so it is a tad too much at times.
    Before anyone says you need to get better I do play in World Class but it unrealistic, if a real team would press like that all through the game they would be knackered no?
    There are some excellent sliders over at the Orion forum which gives you more time on the ball. Both user and CPU are the same adjustments.
    Even though the sliders were done for World Class and Legendary some have said that applying them to Pro level is really good.
    I'm always after trying to get the game as realistic as possible so just keep experimenting.

Yes. I was trying to leave the game as it is. But I guess it is impossible. You can't compete in WC without assisted controls or sliders, that's a fact.
  • LoboMauProfile
    FIFA_DADDY wrote: »

World class is legendary tested it out a bit its a bug for real this is why the difference is huge. Try legendary and you will see that legendary is world class lol.

I hope you are right.
  • LoboMauProfile

En1gma78 :

"Add to that the fact that players are stood still and stagnant and refuse to move into space when your on the ball..."

Probably your passing risk is set to "safe" or "normal". Which is not bad. I prefer that than "risky" which leaves you with no support from your teammates, exposed to pressure from the opponent, and when you pass the ball your teammates are usually offside. What you should do in those occasions is to press L1 and your teammate will make the run when you want and not when "he" wants. "Safe" passing risk is always the best option and when you want your teammates to run into space just give the order.

• En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    I had a few games on legendary on Friday night, been away since then and not played it. But on Friday playing legendary the game started to settle down and I did start to enjoy it a lot more. I am gonna get on it now for a few hours and see how it plays
  • En1gma78
    43 posts Park Captain
    Played for a few hours last night switching between WC and legendary difficulty. Absolutely horrendous so I'm back to square one. The AI were just ping pong passing and were ridiculously too fast. I was Sunderland in CM and moved to Chelsea in November. Game was absolutely unplayable and one point Bournemouth beat me 5-0 on legendary and the had 65% possession. I just cent get anywhere near them at all. I even outta curiosity altered the sliders midway through the game to slow down the opposition. However the sliders had absolutely no bearing on the game. I don't know what the problem is at all but I have tried everything. Like I say I am no novice and have played FIFA for twenty years. But the game play feels broken it doesn't feel like I am **** at the game. I know when I have been poor in a game and been beaten I'm fine with that and can handle it. But this game just feels broken!!??
  • Rickbrp
    11 posts Ball Boy
    Guys, another point that I'm finding interesting is that TATICS plays a important role now in the game! I'm playing with Burnley and on second season my team was getting stuck and not able to create space, and I was playing same difficulty - WC with some sliders adjusted - I started playing out with the instructions and individuals positioning... it worked !!! It's nice because now it seems your team kind of get bored and you got to re invent it using instructions, indivudual positioning and tatics, or at least I like to fool myself about it lol
  • LoboMauProfile
    En1gma78 wrote: »
    Played for a few hours last night switching between WC and legendary difficulty. Absolutely horrendous so I'm back to square one. The AI were just ping pong passing and were ridiculously too fast. I was Sunderland in CM and moved to Chelsea in November. Game was absolutely unplayable and one point Bournemouth beat me 5-0 on legendary and the had 65% possession. I just cent get anywhere near them at all. I even outta curiosity altered the sliders midway through the game to slow down the opposition. However the sliders had absolutely no bearing on the game. I don't know what the problem is at all but I have tried everything. Like I say I am no novice and have played FIFA for twenty years. But the game play feels broken it doesn't feel like I am **** at the game. I know when I have been poor in a game and been beaten I'm fine with that and can handle it. But this game just feels broken!!??

Yes, I agree with you. The game is weird this year. I mean, I played with the controls set to assisted to make it easier, on Legendary mode (which in fact is world class, that's true, no doubt about it), I played with Manchester City, which is not a weak team, and in the first game of the season, in the friendly tournament, I played the first game against Independiente. I repeated the game over and over and I never manage to win. I only draw and lose. I score I would say only four times. Two goals were from corner kicks, and all the goals were scored from crosses with headers. It's almost impossible to break through the defense. And it's impossible to hold the ball in your possession waiting for an opening. The gameplay it's completely suffocating. Like you've said, the problem is not losing, the problem is the sensation you get, that there is a script established in the game and it's impossible to change the course of the story. I made a CM with Porto and I always got the same results against the same teams in the friendly tournament. Win the first match by 1, draw the second. And lost the 3rd by 1 ending with me getting out of the competition. I repeated the tournament a few times and I clearly saw a pattern that was repeating itself. One time I draw the first game, won the second and lost the third. So, my initial question is: what's the point in playing this game if in the end it's more a movie than a game? Why not leave the controls and just watch the game since it seems we have zero influence in the outcome?
  • LoboMauProfile
    Guys, another point that I'm finding interesting is that TATICS plays a important role now in the game! I'm playing with Burnley and on second season my team was getting stuck and not able to create space, and I was playing same difficulty - WC with some sliders adjusted - I started playing out with the instructions and individuals positioning... it worked !!! It's nice because now it seems your team kind of get bored and you got to re invent it using instructions, indivudual positioning and tatics, or at least I like to fool myself about it lol
    I think the tactics are more like the placebo effect. No matter what you do the CPU will always find a way. That's because no matter the team you play all the teams are OP. In a perfect game, if you lower your pressure against a strong team that would ensure you defend better and allow you to create danger in counter attack. In FIFA that will only ensure the opponent suffocates you. But when you play against a weak team (which in fact is OP in FIFA) if you pressure too high the opponent team score easily on the counter attack. It's just another illusion. Changes the shape but doesn't change the outcome.
  • Holy smokes the gap between the two is enormous. I absolutely love this game, and I like that the passing is not as perfect and that mistakes happen. I play FUT offline and I cant adjust sliders, adjust the length of the game, so most every game ends up 0-0 or 1-0 etc.

To be specific, the world class AI in attack is balanced right, but in defense it is over powered by far. Their players are so much faster, they close down at lightening speed, they rarely get called for a foul etc.

Great game, just soften up World Class because if i remember right FUT offline it forces you to play on WC level after a certain point.
  • LoboMauProfile
    Holy smokes the gap between the two is enormous. I absolutely love this game, and I like that the passing is not as perfect and that mistakes happen. I play FUT offline and I cant adjust sliders, adjust the length of the game, so most every game ends up 0-0 or 1-0 etc.

To be specific, the world class AI in attack is balanced right, but in defense it is over powered by far. Their players are so much faster, they close down at lightening speed, they rarely get called for a foul etc.

Great game, just soften up World Class because if i remember right FUT offline it forces you to play on WC level after a certain point.

World Class is in fact Legendary. Legendary is easier than World Class. Another FIFA bug. But if you play in Legendary, it won't be so suffocating, but it will still be very difficult. I would say there is a gap between professional and World Class/Legendary. Yesterday I was playing in professional with Manchester City and I scored a goal with Fernandinho which was ridiculous: I run from behind the midfield with the ball without no opposition until the opponent's goal and scored.
  • TheBib
    81 posts Park Captain
    Legendary is definetely easier.
  • The gap between professional and world class is huge, some say world class and legendary are broke and the wrong way round.

Ive tried both and for me personally if there are broke then i think they are both the same.

I didnt notice any difference between the two so imo if there are broke then i believe world class is legendary and legendary is still legendary hence the huge difference and gap jump from professional.
  • Trux
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2015
    There are a few things you can try:

Stick with Professional for several games. At least 10 and if you win them all 5-0 or 6-0 then yeah it's too easy but the game has a habit of increasing the AI levels according to how things are going so try at least 10 games and don't be tempted to up the level.
    It's not an ideal solution as you will probably struggle against teams you should beat and beat those you should struggle against. It's just how FIFA is.

Keep professional but go full manual. I.e nerf yourself. (OP already does that, but may help others)

Increase your error in the sliders. Pass, shot etc, nerf yourself some more or play World Class and nerf the AI by changing CPU sliders.

Play professional against teams you think you'd beat and World Class against top sides is an option. Some YouTubers are doing this with World Class and Legendary.

At the end of the day though it is a problem and you shouldn't have to do any of the above but I doubt it will ever change.
    It's been a problem in FIFA for as long as I can remember. Dumb AI on professional and Barcelona on fire on World Class especially when your up against a supposedly weaker side in career mode.
    Google ' FIFA professional too easy and World Class too hard' and you will literally find hundreds of results stretching back over several iterations of the game.

I don't buy into the theory that legendary and World Class have been mixed up.
    I think it's placebo and in my testing over several matches my results were worse on legendary.
    I do think that legendary and world class are too similar though, and the step up from professional is far too steep.
    Post edited by Trux on
  • Trux
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    These work well. I like them.
  • I've been playing World Class for a few years now and I normally start off in League 2 and work my way up with Oxford United. This year I had to drop it to Professional for all the reasons stated above. Normally I can get used to the World Class difficulty of the opponent and be provided with a pretty good challenge moving up the divisions but this year was ridiculous. My players are all approx. 60-65 and boy does it show when they pass the ball around. My opponents - who are all around the same rating - zip it about like Barca in their prime. This is my first jaunt onto the forums so I'll try some of the advice from above, specifically adjusting the sliders but this is the same problem every year. You'd almost think they're putting more time and effort into another game mode....
  • CosmoKramer
    66 posts Park Captain
    I played Legendary in 15 but switched to World Class playing the 16 Beta due to the gameplay changes made between titles. Stuck with WC in 16 "proper" and find its a good level in an attacking sense - goals are hard to come by but occasionally the team will be on top form and get a handful.

The problem I have, and had in 15, is I can't get a good balance where the CPU is a real goal threat. They play it around well enough but rarely get forward and they get very few shots away. I play locked to a player which does make a big difference as I make a fair few defensive mistakes when controlling the whole team. Are there changes I can make to the sliders to get a good balance? I also play an aggressive, pressing tactical game which is possibly stifling the opposition too much (but surely better teams should find a way to counter this)?
  • LoboMauProfile
    edited October 2015
    Well, I must say I am disappointed with FIFA...again. I thought EA would evolve through the years - I always saw the so called scripts in FIFA as a huge bug EA would fix - but FIFA gameplay DNA still persists. Teams don't have their identity. Every team play like Barcelona's tiki-taka, is ridiculous and surely shows EA's amateur status. I mean, I played against a team that was promoted last year in the Portuguese league with Porto, I pass all the game attacking and fail to score for one reason or another and by the 70th minute they decide to play with Barcelona's confidence and talent moving the ball quickly from feet to feet and score like they are the best team in the world. What? Where is the defending counter-attack team I was playing against the all game?

From my part, I give up. I play FIFA since FIFA 12 and every year is the same thing. I always give up my career modes in the middle because of the problems stated. I will play FIFA 16 once in a while since I already bought it, but I will not definitely buy any more FIFA.
    Post edited by LoboMauProfile on
  • Kuklinski
    89 posts Park Captain
    Since there is no difference on playing at home or away (which is another issue), try to play home games in proffesional and world class on away. This might add more realism and give you a smooth change while adapting world class difficulty.