Need advice re legends

Galaynn
375 posts Sunday League Hero
my first year on xbox and am of course keen on trying some Legends (actually, they are the main reason why I moved over from PS)

as a Milan fan, my favourite players of all time are probably Baresi (which was a young promising CB when I started watching football ...) and Van Basten

now, I have spent quite some cash on packs, but am very unlikely to have more than 1 ml to spend, so Baresi AND Van Basten is not a possibility, and of the two I would of course go with a str iker.

my question is, should I spend all on Van Basten or go for Shevchenko and (if prices go down a bit) someone else like maybe Gattuso or Rui Costa? Or trade up a bit a go with Weah or Crespo?

Is Van Basten any good - well of course he is very good I assume, but is he 1 ml good?

Comments

• Reus
    23510 posts Club Captain
    I'd consider waiting another week just to see what happens with their prices

You don't want to have spent that money then have them half in value over the next month

The game has only been out a short while and not many of each legend has been packer due to there very low card weight

As more and more get pulled I can't see them holding there current high prices
  • Galaynn
    many thanks, that might be good advice, as I said I am new to xbox and not familiar with Legends price ... do others share the view that Legends price will go down sharply in the next few weeks?
  • iDavoo xD
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think you can only expect their prices to go down considering more and more will be pulled and put into circulation. If you asked this question in the early access, I would've said buy as many as you can. I missed on two Weah's for 1.2m each, now he's going for 1.9m.

The longer you wait the better if you're worried about your coins. I on the other hand, have built a 2.5m team with 4 legends and will be using this for a while.
  • Ki I 18 I
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    Legends would be difficult to predict I imagine. With EA I don't know how they handle their price bonds in terms of reducing/increasing player prices. I would hold back as we're still early.
  • Campino
    29797 posts National Team Captain
    They are dropping a bit now

Probably in anticipation of tomorrow's TOTW
  • TonyPicasso
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This will be the first year I focus my teams on legends so I'm on the same boat. Best thing to do is be patient, follow topics on the forums, and above all do the price monitoring yourself. It is very early and the previous posters are correct, give it some time and keep an eye on the legends market to see the trends for yourself. Best of luck.
  • Galaynn
    thank you all for your replies

a few players just sold and now I have 1.027 ml (and basically nothing left to sell), will avoid looking at Van Basten price not to be tempted ... :-)
  • iDavoo xD
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Galaynn wrote: »
    thank you all for your replies

a few players just sold and now I have 1.027 ml (and basically nothing left to sell), will avoid looking at Van Basten price not to be tempted ... :-)

6/7 Van Basten's listed 1-1.05m the last 2 days... :D