I just got DDOSed

NejvetsiBorec
1198 posts Professional
This is just pathetic. Conceded a goal in the 2nd minute, my enemy paused the match, the game started to horribly lag, was lucky the game said he disconnected and I it didnt register as a loss. But my entire internet connecton went down until I restarted my router.

Im 100% sure this was a DDOS attack as there is a ridiculous ammout of packets received from one IP.

Is this how far people go? How can I report them?

Comments

• ElderlyApe
    93 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I don't think so my friend. I've been DDOSED before on fifa and when I came back on I got a loss and a DNF. I think you have just been unfortunate and your modem/router has randomly cut out, which happens to people now and again.
  • huntskij
    528 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can a console be ddos'd?
  • MemphisDepay
    6020 posts Big Money Move
    People blame their losses on literally anything now ...
  • ElderlyApe
    edited September 2015
    I'm not sure if this is thread worthy tbh, the thread will most likely turn into a bomb zone. You was most likely not and there's nothing to do about it any more.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    huntskij wrote: »
    Can a console be ddos'd?
    Your console doesn't get DDoS'd, your internet connection does.
  • Lollerskates
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    Doesent DDoS usually come from multiple ip-addresses? Atleast proper ones..
  • NejvetsiBorec
    1198 posts Professional
    I got very lucky and didnt get a loss though. :confused:
  • ElderlyApe

That's what makes me say it wasn't a DDOS. If you were DDOSED you should of got a loss, as I did. Your modem/router must of cut out for a few mintues/seconds.
  • NejvetsiBorec
    1198 posts Professional
    ElderlyApe wrote: »

That's what makes me say it wasn't a DDOS. If you were DDOSED you should of got a loss, as I did. Your modem/router must of cut out for a few mintues/seconds.
    Thats what exactly happened.

I conceded a goal.
    My enemy paused the game
    The game started to heavily lag
    Then it said my opponent disconnected
    I got the result screen with the result with my opponents DNF
    I clicked advance and UT didnt load and my internet connection went down

I think I got extremely lucky as my modem in his dying spasm managed to send "Yo, Im here" to EA servers before it died :lol:
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up

This...
  • Shadox2014
    254 posts Sunday League Hero

Thats what exactly happened.

I conceded a goal.
    My enemy paused the game
    The game started to heavily lag
    Then it said my opponent disconnected
    I got the result screen with the result with my opponents DNF
    I clicked advance and UT didnt load and my internet connection went down

I think I got extremely lucky as my modem in his dying spasm managed to send "Yo, Im here" to EA servers before it died :lol:

got build-in wifi on the modem?, mine has, so maybe wifi activated just intime
  • huntskij
    528 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rick wrote: »
    huntskij wrote: »
    Can a console be ddos'd?
    Your console doesn't get DDoS'd, your internet connection does.

Cheers mate, I'm a complete tech **** ; )
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is just pathetic. Conceded a goal in the 2nd minute, my enemy paused the match, the game started to horribly lag, was lucky the game said he disconnected and I it didnt register as a loss. But my entire internet connecton went down until I restarted my router.

Im 100% sure this was a DDOS attack as there is a ridiculous ammout of packets received from one IP.

Yes sadly and you're lucky his DDoS must have ruined his own connection to the EA servers too, that's why your didn't get a loss this time, most times you do. I've had this quite a number of times but that amount of people doing it is quite small compared to other cheating options.

• Shadox2014
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    ASH32 wrote: »

Yes sadly and you're lucky his DDoS must have ruined his own connection to the EA servers too, that's why your didn't get a loss this time, most times you do. I've had this quite a number of times but that amount of people doing it is quite small compared to other cheating options.

I havent had this on ut16 yet, but i did get it quite alot on ut15.

Other team hit pause button.
    My game starts to lag, get disconnected from UT and also Xbox Live.
    Next i look to my modem and all lights off from the modem.

And i only got this while playing ut15.

It doesnt prove i got ddos attacked, but i'm pretty confident i was.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2015
    Wait, it happened several times also to me whem playing FIFA World.
    Suddenly the game was getting slow and stuttering as hell (or completely freezing at times) and then the log of my router would show a 'possible DDoS attack' which usually came from one single IP address.

The first time I thought they were coincidences, but when it happens to you 5, 6, 7 times over a month and only when you're playing that certain game online I doubt you can consider them coincidences anymore.

By the way, couldn't be a**ed to install Wireshark and see whether the IP trying the DDoS (which, coming from a single IP, technically is not a DDoS anymore) was the same IP of the bloke I was playing against. I know I should have though.
  • Smokey
    756 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2015
    DDOsing is still happening infact Trials of Osiris a 3v3 gamemode on Destiny is packed full of teams of cheaters.

Pretty funny how this XBLPet enforcement team doesn't have any interest in investigating people messing with other peoples internet only noobs sending abusive messages to other noobs blah blah blah.

DDOsers and Lag switchers on games should be non-existent and be top priority in their list.
  • LordSanchez
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    OMG,it happened with me yesterday while playing H2H.I was 2 goals up and the game started to lag like crazy and finally was kicked off PSN and EA servers.Checked my router and I couldn't connect to it and had to restart.Didnt get a loss though and game didn't count.