Anyone else getting stuttering lag playing online games?

Some games get hardly any stuttering so maybe it is just how good or bad your connection is to your opponent but some games stutter a lot. Have seen on Google for previous FIFA games a fix where you disable UPNP in your router settings. I don't really want to start messing with that as I have no problems in other Xbox games. Will this lag be fixed or do I get used to it?

Comments

• Bump
  • RonSwanson
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2015
    There will be more and more people from your area as time goes on playing this game, so there should be less lag eventually.
    As of now, PC competitive modes are broken for that reason, and for the geniuses that buy games that their computers cannot run.
  • This is on Xbox One and I think I kind of answered my own question in that it is probably down to how good your connection to opponent is as some matches are smooth.
    But some matches are bad and make you mad, must be when I am connected to someone on dial up LOL. Is it true FIFA is P2P connection on consoles? I don't get input lag like I have read about searching on Google but what happens with me is the game just starts stuttering a bit breaking up the flow. Thanks.
  • GBH
    7 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015
    I get stuttering everytime the ball enters a penalty area, in any online mode..it's shocking..bit like FIFA 16 as a whole
  • RonSwanson
    Mike1982X wrote: »
    This is on Xbox One and I think I kind of answered my own question in that it is probably down to how good your connection to opponent is as some matches are smooth.
    But some matches are bad and make you mad, must be when I am connected to someone on dial up LOL. Is it true FIFA is P2P connection on consoles? I don't get input lag like I have read about searching on Google but what happens with me is the game just starts stuttering a bit breaking up the flow. Thanks.

Yup, competitive modes are nonsense with those lag issues. That's why we need lobbies back, even though EA won't likely bring them back.
  • Alright thanks. I just played a game where it kept sort of freezing up making it nearly unplayable at times. Even the substitution cut scenes lagged a bit. I have not played much FIFA in the past - might EA fix the lag or have all past games had it?
  • RonSwanson
    They likely won't, like always. Forget about the competitive stuff and enjoy friendlies or just rage like me on laggers/cheaters. Your choice.
  • bekdan1988
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2015
    Same here, starts to lagg almost every time i score a goal then i lose the game.
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mike1982X wrote: »
    Some games get hardly any stuttering so maybe it is just how good or bad your connection is to your opponent but some games stutter a lot. Have seen on Google for previous FIFA games a fix where you disable UPNP in your router settings. I don't really want to start messing with that as I have no problems in other Xbox games. Will this lag be fixed or do I get used to it?

The UPNP problem was fixed last year via patch. IF it was UPNP problem again you will see the stuttering and lag in single player as well as online.

Online lag I expect is poor server + cheaters.
  • RonSwanson
    edited October 2015
    First two days (September 21-23) were just perfect, lag wise. I had a record like 11-2-0. Then game came out everywhere on september 24 and became full of laggers and now I end up with like 55-60% victories. It must have something to do with their servers.
    Just pinged EASO.EA.COM: 120ms. Google.com for comparison: 30ms for me...
  • FIFA_DADDY
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    RonSwanson wrote: »
    First two days (September 21-23) were just perfect, lag wise. I had a record like 11-2-0. Then game came out everywhere on september 24 and became full of laggers and now I end up with like 55-60% victories. It must have something to do with their servers.

So the server overload is why its laggy.

• RonSwanson wrote: »

Same. I played 3 games last night. First one started out good then got lagging towards the 70th minute. My opponent quit after going up 3-0. Second game got ridiculously lagging but I held through it and got a 1-1 draw. Third game was unbearably delayed and i ended up losing 0-2. My opponent seemed to have no trouble navigating through as all of his responses seemed on point so i assume it was my connection. I wasn't having these issues at launch and ended up going 10-1-1 but this last week has been terrible and it seems like every game is plagued with connection issues. Now my record is 17-5-17, trying to hold off my opponent while combating lag/ delay issues. I'm gonna take a week off and hope they fix it
  • jonviper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    my fifa neve lagged for weeks then the other day it started lagging and jittering in everygame i played, i realised my router was set to strict so i opened all the ports on my router that needed to be opened, reset router and oad up fifa but it still happens the last 4 or 5 days my connection has been terrible witha jitter almost every 4 seconds or so, the general responsiveness seems so sticky and slow also. i noticed in club settings it kepy saying uk was not recommended server even though im in uk, i managed to get it back to buk recommended but this still hasnt sorted the laggins jitering issue. when i play any other game i dont get any lag, play bf4 with 64 players online no lag, play halo no lag come and play fifa 1v1and i get constant jittery laggy nonsense, how come i can play in game siwth 64 players and get no lag at all but one fifa 1v1 it lags like its 1994 and we are on dial up. im pretty sure this isnt an issue at my end, as surely i would encounter problems onother games but i dont. this is meant to be next generaion gaming and tbh fifa and ea have totally ruined that idea. its just the same old with ea, this isnt next genearation this is just fifa and ea as they have always been, an absolute shambles, oh and that dribbling that is so overpowereed you cant actually get near the player is an absolute joke. not only have you put me off ea but i am seriously consiedering selling my xbox one becuase of this nonsense
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    My friend had the same issue on Clubs a couple days ago, post patch. I wonder what can of worms EA opened this time.
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    if you go through a busy node your gonna get a higher ping no doubt.
    havent a clue how to "pick" a node but there are a few things out there which could help.

downloaded a program yesterday which finds out the best dns servers for you to use whether it be googles or someone elses....antivirus kicked the program out after it ran.
    forget the name sorry.
    this will give you the best dns servers to use in your ps4 and or router.

the other one is on another thread which im trying to get a few hardcore techies on to ask questions.

1 think all online gaming companies should have is a quality measuring method to make sure connections are equally fair for both.

i think its very clear right now they dont have this but as there is a variance on some "attributes" between connections it is a must for online gaming to continue.

i think some have exploited a loophole in gaming because of this.
    the transition from adsl and its variants to the variants of fibre has caused issues.

MTU
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    The fact that when i face a lagger they are always great in the laggy conditions suggests to me they are lag cheating ive never faced a dude who struggled in the lag
  • ZebidyAndIrony
    1391 posts Professional
    that doesnt make sense.
    if the conenction is laggy and they are moving better thats because of another reason.

your side is finding it harder to process their data flow then they are yours.

go to command prompt on your pc and enter this.

ping www.google.com -f -l 1492
    or ideally the value entered on your router and or ps4.
    both router and ps4 should be the same value....your ps4 may be set to automatic in which case it should use the router value.

let us know the result especially if any packets were not able to be sent.
  • jonviper
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    ive noticed in club setting it now says british isles not recommended even though im in the british isles. it says north eastern america is recommended and i cant get it back to saying british isles recommended. think this may be the cause of the lag in clubs,. its like the ea server think im in america or something its strange. i was intitally able to fix it by quiting fifa logging out then back in but i have since tried everything i can think of and its still saying british isle not recommended. anyone any ideas why? it would also be worth you all checking when playing clubs
  • It’s the most annoying thing to see your opponent score because there is a tiny lag just as you move in for the tackle. There should be an option to block players with a slow connection. I just started seasons (division 8), so does it get better in the higher divisions? As of now I quit the matches way to often because it just no fun to play with lags and slow-moving players. I also play COOP where the problem seems much less prevalent. (Ping 36 ms)