Anyone tried 5atb formations?

FC Intl
4394 posts National Call-Up
I'm thinking of trying 532. I've faced various 5atb opponents and they seem to do well, the 5221 just played around the perimeter and kept the ball away from tackles, and 532 was strong against me in central midfield and has the two strikers. What do you think?

Comments

• Shonosuke
    1507 posts Fans' Favourite
    I tied a lot, and had a lot of control but found it really hard to score
  • FC Intl
    Which version?
  • Smokey
    756 posts An Exciting Prospect
    5atb has always been ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for attacking.
  • FC Intl
    I don't think that's accurate as blanket statement, plenty of people seem to be able to use it with success. I haven't really, but I want to to find out from those that do use it well.
  • ImMike
    2327 posts Fans' Favourite
    FC Intl wrote: »
    I don't think that's accurate as blanket statement, plenty of noobs seem to be able to use it with success. I haven't really, but I want to to find out from those that do use it well.

fixed
  • FC Intl
    ImMike wrote: »
    FC Intl wrote: »
    I don't think that's accurate as blanket statement, plenty of noobs seem to be able to use it with success. I haven't really, but I want to to find out from those that do use it well.

fixed

I play people that are very good who use 5atb. I want to know what they're doing.
  • FC Intl
    Any serious replies?
  • DonMega
    1256 posts Professional
    I think the 532 would be good since it has a solid midfield for build up play, you just need fullbacks who have good passing and shooting. A lot of people hate on 5atb because its difficult to brake down if your not used to it. Myself personally I'd rather play a formation with 2 cdms as I feel its better on the offense as well as the defense.
  • FC Intl
    Thanks for the reply, I agree with the two CDM's being useful.