Strikers - strength or dribbling?

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 2015
What's more important on strikers? Strength or dribbling?

I've knocked together a team with J.Hernandez and Dos Santos up front, but I'm thinking of switching to a line-up with Adrian Ramos & Burak Yilmaz (keeping Calhanoglu at CAM). Ramos and Yilmaz have the strength, but obviously lack the dribbling of someone like Dos Santos.

I've only played about 30 games so far and I still can't really tell if strength or dribbling is more important on strikers. What do you think? (And don't say both - I can't afford the players who have both :lol: )

P.S. Obviously keeping Hernandez next to Yilmaz is also an option, but Hernandez has scored 0 in 3 so far.

Comments

• P
    7507 posts League Winner
    Depends if you can dribble good or not.
  • Orikoru wrote: »

I've knocked together a team with J.Hernandez and Dos Santos up front, but I'm thinking of switching to a line-up with Adrian Ramos & Burak Yilmaz (keeping Calhanoglu at CAM). Ramos and Yilmaz have the strength, but obviously lack the dribbling of someone like Dos Santos.

I've only played about 30 games so far and I still can't really tell if strength or dribbling is more important on strikers. What do you think? (And don't say both - I can't afford the players who have both :lol: )

fekir has both and is relativy cheap.... and the best obivious are TEVEZ and LACA, both have pace, dribbling, strength, finishing, etc....
  • Orikoru
    Orikoru wrote: »

fekir has both and is relativy cheap.... and the best obivious are TEVEZ and LACA, both have pace, dribbling, strength, finishing, etc....

Do you not think I would have tried Lacazette or Tevez if I could afford to? I don't want to be spending big amounts on players who will just lose value anyway to be honest.

Might try Fekir one day but for now I want to build around Calhanoglu because he's impressed me so far.
  • Orikoru wrote: »

Do you not think I would have tried Lacazette or Tevez if I could afford to? I don't want to be spending big amounts on players who will just lose value anyway to be honest.

Might try Fekir one day but for now I want to build around Calhanoglu because he's impressed me so far.

dont think both lower his price for a relativy long time.... i bought tevez past thursday at 40k, now is over 70k....

fekir is much more affordable....

its your choice... but, i want to play it now, not 2 months later....

• Orikoru

dont think both lower his price for a relativy long time.... i bought tevez past thursday at 40k, now is over 70k....

fekir is much more affordable....

its your choice... but, i want to play it now, not 2 months later....

I'm only working with an 80-90k ish budget anyway, so one of those players would basically take most of it up. Meaning the rest of the team would be pretty rubbish. As I said, I'm happy to use 10k strikers for the time being, as long as I find someone who works well for me.

All I've worked out so far is that the finishing stat is important - as well as a bit of pace so they can actually get away from the CB when clean through. After that I just wanted to know if people value strength or dribbling the most.
  • Definitely dribbling for me
  • Shonosuke
    1507 posts Fans' Favourite
    dribbling, since defenders are faster now, cutting them out is crucial.
  • BecksRightPeg
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    Maybe try Huntelaar and Hernandez. They are my strike pairing at the moment and complement each other very well.
  • Orikoru
    Maybe try Huntelaar and Hernandez. They are my strike pairing at the moment and complement each other very well.

Has Hernandez been good for you then? In truth he doesn't have strength or dribbling but I'm trying him simply because his finishing and positioning are top notch. Got 0 in 3 but I'm willing to give him an extended trial.
  • Simmo
    3469 posts National Call-Up
    Get Fekir, he's got everything.
  • Orikoru
    Simmo wrote: »
    Get Fekir, he's got everything.

Ok.. given his number of triple links I can team him up with Calhanoglu easy enough. Just need to decide, Yilmaz, Hernandez or Adrian Ramos as his partner?

With Yilmaz: http://www.futhead.com/16/squads/1778065/
    With Hernandez would be that^ but Bundes guys in place of Inan and Erkin. Adrian Ramos the same but probably Gonzalo Castro left CM for the double link.
  • Simmo
    3469 posts National Call-Up
    I'd go Yilmaz
  • bhafc1901
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Give adebayor a go, very cheap, strong with 4* skillsskills, he has been outstanding for me reserve side.
  • bhafc1901
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    Give adebayor a go, very cheap, strong with 4* skills, he has been outstanding for my reserve side.
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Finding the bigger strikers better - muller/benzema/higuain vs fekir/lacazette/etc