1st hilarious hoarding fail on PS4 market, hopefully more to come

Blue_GamerzXL
996 posts Professional
edited September 2015
All the people that bought up Hulk hoping his range would go up, well it did but they all undercutt each other and now he is the same as his previous max and about to go lower.

hahahhahahaha hopefully this happens more often
Post edited by Blue_GamerzXL on

Comments

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't worry, with a fresh market extinction won't be an issue.
  • SteveG
    1587 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is Hulk with his beast stats only cap at 55k max? now he is extincted since weekend now. Just make it 100k so price hoarders cannot price fix him. Is that so hard?

You cant be serious, sure this year EA promised the players control the market! Anybody who believed a word EA ever said should give them self a big slap in the face :smiley:
  • richisdisturbed
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hulk should be nowhere near woth 55k.

EA shouldn't increase his cap to 100k. They should just ban the hoarders & release the cards on the market at 150 start price. This is what giving the market back to the players should entail, not forever incresing prices on players like last year.

I had 5 million coins last year through trading, & I couldn't afford the team I wanted, if I don't get my team again this year thanks to forever rising prices, I will be quitting FIFA until a 2 player career mode is added.
  • heavymcd

EA shouldn't increase his cap to 100k. They should just ban the hoarders & release the cards on the market at 150 start price. This is what giving the market back to the players should entail, not forever incresing prices on players like last year.

I had 5 million coins last year through trading, & I couldn't afford the team I wanted, if I don't get my team again this year thanks to forever rising prices, I will be quitting FIFA until a 2 player career mode is added.

The OP is clearly willing to pay over 55k. As are others. Hoarding only works if people are willing to pay more than the current cap.

If he's extinct, it's because his market clearing price is at or near his max BIN. You may not think he's worth that, and I agree, but at this stage of the game the player base seems to think he is.
  • richisdisturbed
    heavymcd wrote: »

The OP is clearly willing to pay over 55k. As are others. Hoarding only works if people are willing to pay more than the current cap.

If he's extinct, it's because his market clearing price is at or near his max BIN. You may not think he's worth that, and I agree, but at this stage of the game the player base seems to think he is.

Take away the hoarders & he probably would stick close to 55k for a while, being this close to release, but he wouldn't be extinct.

Hoarders trying to force a price raise will ruin the market for everyone if it isn't nipped in the bud. The same way Youtubers dragged FUT down over the past 3-4 years.
  • heavymcd
    No, he probably wouldn't. Because price ranges create a bistable situation with positive feedback. If he "stuck close" to 55K, which is his max, his price would actually increase because of the price ceiling, due to concerns about a shortage, accelerating the shortage.

The only way price ranges work without shortages is if player prices never approach the max BIN. Hulk's has. Hoarding may play a role, by limiting supply a bit more, but this is an NIF gold we're talking about here. He's extinct because his EA-set price doesn't match what the market dictates.

Ban hoarders, eliminate autobuyers, do everything everybody here things will "fix" ranges, and players will still go extinct. Because what causes player extinction is simple...a market clearing price below the artificially set price ceiling. All those other things can aggravate the situation, but that's the root cause. It's basic market principles at work. A "fresh market" won't fix it, and "wide ranges" won't fix it unless the price never, ever approaches the cap.
  • heavymcd wrote: »
    No, he probably wouldn't. Because price ranges create a bistable situation with positive feedback. If he "stuck close" to 55K, which is his max, his price would actually increase because of the price ceiling, due to concerns about a shortage, accelerating the shortage.

The only way price ranges work without shortages is if player prices never approach the max BIN. Hulk's has. Hoarding may play a role, by limiting supply a bit more, but this is an NIF gold we're talking about here. He's extinct because his EA-set price doesn't match what the market dictates.

Ban hoarders, eliminate autobuyers, do everything everybody here things will "fix" ranges, and players will still go extinct. Because what causes player extinction is simple...a market clearing price below the artificially set price ceiling. All those other things can aggravate the situation, but that's the root cause. It's basic market principles at work. A "fresh market" won't fix it, and "wide ranges" won't fix it unless the price never, ever approaches the cap.

Your last point is the solution, make his cap something like 200k and HE WILL NEVER APPROACH THERE.

• heavymcd
    Your last point is the solution, make his cap something like 200k and HE WILL NEVER APPROACH THERE.

Which is likely what they thought they were doing at 55K. After all, he was down at like 2K or 3K last year by the end. The people who "run" this game don't actually play it, they don't know.

Unless you get it 100% right 100% of the time, extinction.
  • richisdisturbed
    How about we just get a 2 player career mode, then I never have to touch this POS mode again. :)

Sounds good to me.
  • Shadox2014
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hulks nif card in ut16 should never be above 50k, are you lot nuts?.

this just shows how crappy packs are this year
  • Shadox2014 wrote: »
    Hulks nif card in ut16 should never be above 50k, are you lot nuts?.

this just shows how crappy packs are this year

When Jackson Martinez is 45k Hulk 55k is a bargain.
  • Shadox2014
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    hè shouldt be 45k either lol
  • Uppp
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    Hulk is probably one of the best cards to use behind the elite players like Robben and Co.
  • Hulk is probably one of the best cards to use behind the elite players like Robben and Co.

I know he is pretty good in this fifa, but this is a small victory for everyone against price hoarding.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    He was 15 k on early release lol
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    Hulk is probably one of the best cards to use behind the elite players like Robben and Co.

I know he is pretty good in this fifa, but this is a small victory for everyone against price hoarding.
    Yh the price fixers got what they deserved but my point was more towards the people who think hulk shouldn't be over 50k.

• KesAO
    182 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I lost so much on buying a lot of Okore's. Holy ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Like 20k or something. x)
  • happens daily with silvers
  • Players are only worth what people value them at. Hulk has great stats in a game that's less pace orientated so I'm not sure why you think he should be cheap this early in the year.
  • grogans_heroes
    1693 posts Play-Off Hero
    I do think there are some people reacting to "extinction" as being an opportunity to hoard, especially for NIF players in TOTW1 or TOTW2. I had NIF Fahrmann that I got in a pack. Noticed he was "extinct" so I listed and someone grabbed him for MAX. This weekend his NIF will flood the market.
  • I do think there are some people reacting to "extinction" as being an opportunity to hoard, especially for NIF players in TOTW1 or TOTW2. I had NIF Fahrmann that I got in a pack. Noticed he was "extinct" so I listed and someone grabbed him for MAX. This weekend his NIF will flood the market.

Of course...can't be a coincidence that as soon as Cuadrado, Aubameyang, Hulk's ranges got bumped up 20k more, suddenly 5-10 pages pop up instantly. Like I said it worked before so these hoarders think they could do it but luckily in this case it didn't. In fact up until yesterday the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ even tried to hoard NIF Payet LOL.
  • RealBmo7
    498 posts Sunday League Hero
    How is Tevez going for above 80k in a league hardly anyone uses baffles me, yeah you could use him in a hybrid but come on the only player in the league to cost 10 times as much as another st in the league. The price ranges are too far apart, EA need to reduce prices and set what they think he's worth and not leave it to the hoarders/ab users to dictate prices.
  • Hulk is already back above the old cap on Xbox one with the cheapest at 60k+ and rising. Once these cards sell he will probably go up again until his cardweight comes down or they massively increase the price range.
  • heavymcd
    RealBmo7 wrote: »
    How is Tevez going for above 80k in a league hardly anyone uses baffles me, yeah you could use him in a hybrid but come on the only player in the league to cost 10 times as much as another st in the league. The price ranges are too far apart, EA need to reduce prices and set what they think he's worth and not leave it to the hoarders/ab users to dictate prices.

Crack an Econ book.

It's a market. If you try to set prices at what /you/ think a player is worth, and the market disagrees, the results aren't pretty. It just doesn't work that way.

Go ahead and set Ronaldo at 10K. Unless you up the card weight to match, you'd never see another on the market. You can't dictate prices in a market, it leads to either shortages or surpluses.
  • heavymcd
    Also, looking at the revised OP what I'm seeing is that he had gone extinct because his actual fair market value had approached his price ceiling. Because after the ceiling went up, he continued to sell at/near the previous ceiling?

So hoarders played a part, but that's just basic market principles at work.