Crossing ?

Mivanpy10
188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Not here to hate! infact quite the opposite,im enjoying the game so far. I do however have a issue with crossing. Ive played the Skill games and did ok in this respect but the skill games dont always reflect the in game situation. Has anyone got some tips as to how i can improve my crossing ability.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Eddie
    803 posts Semi-Pro
    Could use some advice myself, my match crosses always seem to end up in the keepers arms.
  • Mivanpy10
    edited September 2015
    I get either like you straight into the keeper or edge of the box. can't seem to get them to go where i want them. 15 my crossing was near pin point. Really struggling. And the way i play, crossing is quite a big part of my game as i like to mix it up. I also want a big guy little guy combo upfront but no point until i get this right. Again loving the game though.
    Post edited by Mivanpy10 on
  • Epik
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crossing is broken. Always goes straight to the keeper.

Not, the keeper came out for it, no no no, it always goes right at the keeper.

EA are so bad at making this game. They had it pretty decent 11 through 14 but things went incredibly bad starting at 15. Might have been some change in management who have no idea what they're doing.
  • Mivanpy10
    Epik wrote: »
    Crossing is broken. Always goes straight to the keeper.

Not, the keeper came out for it, no no no, it always goes right at the keeper.

EA are so bad at making this game. They had it pretty decent 11 through 14 but things went incredibly bad starting at 15. Might have been some change in management who have no idea what they're doing.

Its not broken TRUST ME! Reason being is a few of my opponents have played some great crosses on me, so it is possible. Its just i can't yet and dont know what im doing wrong. Ive literally scored one goal from a cross. :o Yet ive still got a decent record , i dont know how? MUST IMPROVE!

• deandbus
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2015
    In Fifa 16 it's more important wherever your player looks to aim. He shoots the ball wherever he looks there. (looking = shooting = aim).

I hope I've wrote understandable.
    By the way, my crosses also go to the goalkeeper or out of the pitch the most time. :D
  • Mivanpy10
    I understsood what you said but my shooting is okish . But crossing is the problem im having. About to put training gear on.
  • Mivanpy10
    Well i did some practicing last night via the skills game . by no means have i mastered it.But i have definatly improved somewhat. Scored from a ground cross ,that was hit first time but also had some near misses and at least was competing for headers.
  • Iffybhai
    134 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Cross early so keeper can't position himself. Works for me.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Early crosses seem to work pretty well but I still don't get the hang of regular crossing...
  • Mivanpy10
    Iffybhai wrote: »
    Cross early so keeper can't position himself. Works for me.

Yeah timing is essential. But like rumplefish stated a pin point cross is very difficult. But not sure if it will ever be possible the way it works.
  • JDring
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    You can try changing crosses from semi-assisted to assisted too. I haven't tried it myself, but it can't be any worse.
  • ACMILAN1990
    352 posts Sunday League Hero
    i tried a few low hard crosses and one went in but i agree in air ones go either to near gk or far out in the box. Also not scored one header from a corner
  • Mivanpy10
    i tried a few low hard crosses and one went in but i agree in air ones go either to near gk or far out in the box. Also not scored one header from a corner

sussed corners out to be fair. Conceded a killer one last night in extra time with couple of mins left aarrgghh.

• ACMILAN1990
    yhhh me too i noticed its the cross on the counter like at near post that most seem to score from not in the centre of or the back of the box..
  • Mivanpy10
    Gotta be possible surely. I remember doing it with L1 and cross i think,where i had some success but i play alternate so...
  • Mivanpy10
    edited September 2015
    Well like some miracle i played last night and first game . I scored from 2 crosses. hard to believe YES but true . Also goals from corners . Still having some difficulty crossing from being ahead of the striker though when running down the wing. Timing is essential.
  • lazicki88
    58 posts Park Captain
    crossing and shooting is totally broken,and goalkeepers saves all shots like superman...thera are not "trully" power at those shoots
  • the trick is to press towards your goal when you cross or sort of reverse diaganol
  • gevans81
    23 posts Last Pick at the Park
    With more practice my crosses are now starting to yield some slight success, scored once in 12 games from a along the ground cross. My crosses are now getting to where I want them to be more often than not.
  • ACMILAN1990
    Yea crossing is hard a few along the ground ones have worked nicely ...but opponents seem to score odd one in air cross but near post seems to work mostly