FC Porto - Deco leading them back to the top (Player Sponsoring Open)

JoshDFC
2146 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2015
MOuH1JQE_400x400.jpeg

FC Porto are pleased to announce the arrival of Anderson Luis de Souza also known as Deco back to the club as manager following the departure of Julen Lopetegui last night. Deco will now fly to Mexico to take charge of the side for the upcoming Champions Trophy tournament which will feature AS Roma, Stade Rennais, Club Leon, Club America, New York City, Zenit and River Plate. The club have been drawn in a tough group with AS Roma Stade Rennais and Club Leon. Deco joins the club on a three year deal after attracting interest from a number of European clubs. We caught up with our new manager to get his thoughts on his new job.

Q) Deco Welcome back to FC Porto how proud are you to return to this club?
A) It is an honour to come back here, I loved every minute of my time playing for this fantastic club and I hope I enjoy managing this club just as much.

Q) There was apparent interest in you from other teams so why Porto and why now after retiring two years ago?
A) Porto is a club I know very well I know it is a huge club and has the potential to reach the heights it reached again, I was offered roles with Barcelona as the B team coach which was close to being completed but when I heard of Portos interest I knew where my future lay. When I retired I wanted a few years to recharge my batteries I had picked up an injury and just wanted to recover in peace and then spend some time with my family know feels like the perfect time with the perfect club.

Q) You join the club after a number of high profile names have left like Jackson Martinez and Alex Sandro will you be looking to sign a few reinforcements?
A) It is true we lost two world class players and we are going to work to try and sign some players to replace them but we have already spent a lot of money everyone will get a chance to prove themselves but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have my own targets.

Q) What are your targets this season?
A) To try and win the league and go as far as we can in Europe. But more importantly to play entertaining football
Post edited by JoshDFC on

Comments

• JoshDFC
    edited October 2015
    2dh7mgi.png

July
    05/07/2015 Stade Rennais (N) MCT 3-0
    08/07/2015 AS Roma (N) MCT 3-2
    12/07/2015 Club Leon (N) MCT 0-0
    15/07/2015 Club America (N) MCT 1-0
    19/07/2015 Zenit St. Petersburg (N) MCT 2-0

August
    14/08/2015 Sporting CP (H) LIGA 2-0
    22/08/2015 Academica (A) LIGA 1-1
    30/08/2015 Pacos Ferreira (H) LIGA

September
    12/09/2015 Madeira (A) LIGA
    15/09/2015 KAA Gent (A) CL
    20/09/2015 Boavista (H) LIGA
    25/09/2015 Guimaraes (A) LIGA
    30/09/2015 Celtic (H) CL

October
    04/10/2015 Tondela (H) LIGA
    18/10/2015 Setubal (H) LIGA
    21/10/2015 Chelsea (A) CL
    25/10/2015 SC Braga (A) LIGA
    30/10/2015 Estoril Praia (H) LIGA

November
    03/11/2015 Celtic (A) CL
    08/11/2015 Maritomo (A) LIGA
    25/11/2015 KAA Gent (H) CL
    28/11/2015 Moreirense (H) LIGA

December
    04/12/2015 Rio Ave (A) LIGA
    08/12/2015 Chelsea (H) CL
    13/12/2015 Belenenses (H) LIGA
    20/12/2015 SL Benfica (A) LIGA

January
    03/01/2016 Nacional (H) LIGA
    08/01/2016 Arouca (A) LIGA
    16/01/2016 Madeira (H) LIGA
    23/01/2016 Pacos Ferreira (A) LIGA

February
    01/02/2016 Academica (H) LIGA
    05/02/2016 Sporting CP (A) LIGA
    13/02/2016 Belenenses (A) LIGA
    20/02/2016 Rio Ave (H) LIGA
    26/02/2016 Arouca (H) LIGA

March
    06/03/2016 Estoril Praia (A) LIGA
    12/02/2016 SC Braga (H) LIGA
    19/03/2016 Guimaraes (H) LIGA

April
    02/04/2016 Boavista (A) LIGA
    10/04/2016 Setubal (A) LIGA
    17/04/2016 Tondela (A) LIGA
    29/04/2016 Nacional (A) LIGA

May
    08/05/2016 SL Benfica (H) LIGA
    15/05/2016 Moreirense (A) LIGA
    22/05/2016 Maritomo (H) LIGA
  • JoshDFC
    edited October 2015
    Player Sponsoring

Subbed On-Off = 1point
    Goal = 5points
    Assist = 3points
    Clean Sheet = 5points (For defenders and Goalkeeper only)
    8+ Rating = 2points
    Man of the Match = 5points
    10 Rating = 10points
    Yellow card = -1point
    Red card = -5points
    Own Goal = -5points
    5- Rating = -2points
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck. Nice team choice, don't usually see Portuguese teams careers on here :)
  • Ashy
    13885 posts Has That Special Something
    good luck I remember a few years ago I did a Sporting career and it was on of the most fun ones I have ever done, some good players at your disposal to like Ruben Neves :)
  • JoshDFC
    Good luck. Nice team choice, don't usually see Portuguese teams careers on here :)

Cheers :)
    Ashy wrote: »
    good luck I remember a few years ago I did a Sporting career and it was on of the most fun ones I have ever done, some good players at your disposal to like Ruben Neves :)

I did a Porto career last year and it was awesome hopefully this one will be just as good and I'm a big fan of Neves plan to use him a lot :)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Good luck
  • Chris
    5629 posts Big Money Move
    Nice bit of variety; good luck bro :)
  • JoshDFC
    Good luck

cheer :)
    Chris wrote: »
    Nice bit of variety; good luck bro :)

Cheers :)
  • JoshDFC
    1jpv2w.png

FC Porto Start of Pre-Season in Style

FC Porto got off to a winning start in their first game of the Mexico Champions Trophy after comfortably beating Stade Rennais 3-0. Porto almost took the lead when youngster Andre Silva was found by Neves on the edge of the box but his shot across the keeper hit the post, Porto did lead after twenty two minutes Pereiras shot hit the bar but fell to winger Tello who slotted in to an empty net. FC Porto doubled their lead after thirty one minutes Neves through ball releasing Andre who slotted the ball past the onrushing Sorin. FC Porto wrapped the game up with eight minutes left Brahimis low cross being knocked in by Aboubakar. After the match the managers said this.

Deco “It is great to start of life as a manager with a victory. We worked hard from the first minute until the last and I thought we deserved to win, I promised our fans attacking football and that is what they got and that’s what I want to continue to produce in the upcoming games.”

Philipe Montanier “It was a disappointing result we played very poorly from the start and never really got going in the contest. It is still only pre-season though and we have a lot of work to do until the season starts. We played against a very good Porto team who you could see wanted to impress their new manager.”

Ruben Neves “I’m happy to get Man of the Match, the manager said to me to go out and just try and put myself about. It was difficult because obviously it’s the first game of pre-season and for the last half an hour I felt really tired but I kept going and I am happy we could start pre-season with a win.”

Starting Line-Ups: Porto: Casillas, D.Pereira, Maicon©, Indi, Rafa, Neves, Imbula, Andre, Tello, Silva, Brahimi
    Rennais: Sorin, Zeffane, Mendes, Armand, Mexer, Baal, Henrique, Fernandes, Doucoure, Ntep, Sio
  • Ashy
    Great win to kick of pre-season, Neves not getting on score sheet but MOTM shows he is the guy making the team tick :)
  • JoshDFC
    Great win to kick of pre-season, Neves not getting on score sheet but MOTM shows he is the guy making the team tick :)

Yes he was for a 74 his slide tackling is very good as his distribution with the ball going to be building my team around him for sure
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    good luck
  • Chris
    Is Tello a loan still? If he is, should definitely sign him come the end of the season
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Great win over Stade Rennais!
  • JoshDFC
    good luck

Cheers
    Is Tello a loan still? If he is, should definitely sign him come the end of the season

Still on loan but I will be making it permanent
    Great win over Stade Rennais!

Thanks could have scored more but a win and clean sheet is a good start
  • JoshDFC
    edited September 2015
    wmrdz.png

FC Porto maintained a 100% start to the Mexico Champions Cup after a narrow 3-2 win over AS Roma. It was Roma who took the lead when Florenzis cross from the right was turned into his own net by Marcano after thirty three minutes. Roma almost doubled their lead in first half injury time but Mendezs volley from just inside the area hit the bar before flying over. FC Porto were gifted a way back into the match just five minutes into the second half Szczesnys poor freekick falling to Silva who took a touch before firing the ball in off the post from twenty five yards, Porto led five minutes later Cissokho found Andre on the edge of the box he took a touch before curling the ball into the bottom corner. Silva got his second just after the hour mark Angels through ball set him away he beat Rudiger before firing past Szczesny at his near post the keeper did get a touch and should have done better. Roma did pull one back in injury time when Dzeko got on the end of Pjanics cross but it was too little too late for the Italian giants.

Deco “It was a great game to watch today, It was two teams who are very physical who wanted to win this match and they gave their all Roma played a good game and in the first half we didn’t have any of the ball and struggled at times but in the second half we played fantastically and deserved to win the match.”

Rudi Garcia “I am sad to lose because I felt today we deserved to win we created more chances then Porto and hit the bar. I think it was played in the right way none of the teams moaned when they got kicked and it was a physical game played in the right spirit.”

Andre Andre “I’m happy with how things are going at the club everyone’s made me feel welcome and to score and help the team to win is a good feeling. In the first half we had a slow start and couldn’t seem to get a proper foothold on the game but when we did I thought we were very good.”

Starting Line-Ups:
    AS Roma: Szczesny, Florenzi, Gyomber, Rudiger, Cole, Vainqueur, De Rossi, Nainggolan, Falque, Mendez, Gervinho
    FC Porto: Casillas, Angel, Maicon (C), Marcano, Rafa, Imbula, Neves, Andre, Tello, Aboubakar, Brahimi
  • Chris
    Good match report man, not sure if you'll be able to keep up this style and length for an entire season tho :/
  • Ashy
    pretty good win over Roma, 3 goals in 5 minutes :)
  • matths
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck mate, will follow. Good display against Roma, perfect pre-season so far. What's Ruben Neves ovr?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Great pre-season so far :)
  • JoshDFC
    Good match report man, not sure if you'll be able to keep up this style and length for an entire season tho :/

Do you think monthly updates would be better? :)
    pretty good win over Roma, 3 goals in 5 minutes :)

Things didn't look to good until that point haha but thats football :)
    matths wrote: »
    Good luck mate, will follow. Good display against Roma, perfect pre-season so far. What's Ruben Neves ovr?

Hes a 74 at the minute but hes going to be my number one midfielder the guy my team will be built around :)
    Great pre-season so far :)

thanks six goals scored already just need to tighten up after that performance against Roma :)
  • JoshDFC
    zm09qq.png

Both FC Porto and Club Leon secured their places in the next round of the Mexico Champions Cup after a boring 0-0 draw. With Portos place guaranteed Deco decided to name a weakened side with seven changes to the team that started against Roma Lichnovsky, Oliveira, Pereira, Bueno, Corona, Varela and Osvaldo replacing Maicon, Andre, Neves, Imbula, Tello, Aboubakar and Brahimi. The only major chance of the first half came after fourty one minutes Varelas corner was met by Bueno but his header was cleared off the line by Rocha. The only major chance of the second half fell to Varela but his shot from the left was well saved by Rios.

Deco “Today was not the best performance by us but we got through the group as the top team. We gave a few chances to players who hadn’t played we weren’t at our best we didn’t play with enough urgency and they must improve in the future if they want to play for this team.”

Juan Antonio Pizzi “I’m very happy with this result we controlled the match well and didn’t give Porto many chances. They are one of the biggest teams in Europe so it shows we can compete against them we had more of the ball then them and on another day we might have beaten them.”

Aldo Rocha “I’m happy to help the team today we played a great opponent and we managed to secure our place in the next round it shows what Mexican teams can do when teams like Roma and Porto struggle against us.”

Club Leon: Rios, Navarro, Torres, Burdisso, Velarde, Hernandez, Lopez, Rocha, Montes, Ibarra, Bueno
    FC Porto: Casillas, Angel, Marcano, Lichnovsky, Rafa, Oliveira, Pereire, Bueno, Corona, Osvaldo, Varela
  • Ashy
    disappointing draw, these kind of games happen though
  • Chris

especially on the new game
  • matths
    Not the worst result. Glad to hear that about Neves isn't he like 19 years old? Will be extremely good.
  • LaMertesackerRun

especially on the new game
    Yeah this.
  • JoshDFC

yeah struggled to create much barely had any of the ball
    matths wrote: »
    Not the worst result. Glad to hear that about Neves isn't he like 19 years old? Will be extremely good.

yeah he is already a key player
  • JoshDFC
    im going to do my next update as a monthly update for the rest of pre season you guys let me know whether you prefer weekly or monthly updates
  • matths
    I say weekly
  • JoshDFC
    Transfer-nEWS.jpg

Outs:
    Jose Angel to Real Betis for 4,500,000 Euros
    Evandro to Toulouse for 5,500,000 Euros
    Marcano to Hellas Verona for 5,500,000 Euros

Ins:
    Goncalo Guedes from SL Benfica for 5,900,000 Euros

2yvrqc3.jpg
    FC Porto: Casillas, D.Pereira, Maicon, Indi, Cissokho, Imbula, Neves, Andre, Tello, Brahimi, Guedes
    Club America: Munoz, Buron, Pimentel, Goltz, Mares, Martinez, Guemez, Guerrero, Andrade, Peralta, Sambueza

Deco “It wasn’t a good performance but we managed to win to get into the final is a great feeling. Against Zenit we will have to play better but I hope by then we will have a few new faces to join what we already have at the club already.”

Transfer-nEWS.jpg

Outs:
    Vincent Aboubakar to Southampton for 19,000,000 Euros

Ins:
    Jetro Willems from PSV for 14,500,000 Euros
    Tobias Figueiredo from Sporting Lisbon for 14,500,000 Euros

6z2eiq.png
    Zenit: Malafeev, Smolnikov, Lombaerts, Neto, Criscito, Yusupov, Garcia, Witsel, Danny, Shatov, Dyzuba
    FC Porto: Casillas, D.Pereira, Figueiredo, Indi, Willems, Imbula, Neves, Andre, Tello, Brahimi, Guedes

Deco “It was a great all round performance by the lads we didn’t allow them to create much and could have scored more. We hit the post twice and also scored twice against one of the best teams in Europe I feel looking at this performance we are ready for the new season. The new signings settled so quickly into the game and they all had a positive impact on the game.”

Transfer-nEWS.jpg

Outs:
    Ronan to S.D Huesca One Year Loan
    Varela to Valencia for 7,000,000 Euros
    Garcia to Frosinone Calcio for 875,000 Euros
    Rafa to Academica One Year Loan
    Andre Silva to Academica Two Year Loan

Ins:
    James Bree from Barnsley for 350,000 Euros
    Aritz Aduriz from Athletic Bilbao 16,000,000 Euros
    Breel Embolo from FC Basel 17,000,000 Euros