For me, the issue with passing isn't the accuracy

Monkey
8345 posts League Winner
https://www.easports.com/fifa/game-data/match-history/M M O N K 3 Y/fifa16-xbox360/fut

These are the stats of my 10 FUT games. The first 3 (at the bottom) are from futdraft, the rest are with my bronze sides. As you can see, except once where I got 56%, I am generally 75% or higher (there is also one at 70%). I even managed 81% in a 4-1 loss.

The problem I find is the power. It just feels 'off' sometimes. And it seems to vary even when you press for the same amount of time. Similarly, through balls are invariably overly powerful, which can get annoying.

Comments

• FC Intl
    4394 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2015
    It's the ball control that is atrocious to me, probably due in part to the random rocket passes out of nowhere. I'm not using whatever that new hard pass is, but my passes will be so inconsistent in power as you say.
  • Monkey
    8345 posts League Winner
    FC Intl wrote: »
    It's the ball control that is atrocious to me, probably due in part to the random rocket passes out of nowhere

That is true, sometimes it pings all over the place, especially with bronzes.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    It was a problem last year too at times.

• TheSuperDerek
    2900 posts Fans' Favourite
    The issue I have with it is my players will pass to a player that I'm not aiming for. This has been happening to me frequently.
  • FC Intl
    Yeah this needs to be looked at. I'll be stringing a few passes together and then the next one will be hit extremely hard when I didn't do anything different.
  • Josh96
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This year you HAVE to face the direction you are passing even with Pirlo ect ect also try driven padded it is very accurate
  • Monkey
    8345 posts League Winner
    Josh96 wrote: »
    This year you HAVE to face the direction you are passing even with Pirlo ect ect also try driven padded it is very accurate

I'm just using A to pass. As I said, I still find my man 75% of the time. It's more the unknown pass power that gets me
  • FC Intl
    edited September 2015

That's true, however that's not exactly the cause for what is being talked about. For me, the pass power is all over the place when facing the direction of the pass. Its not lack of accuracy, its the power all over the place, which makes controlling the ball difficult and thus resulting in losing possession. As the OP said, it's through ball as well, they seem to always be overhit and the defender inevitably gets there first
  • Yeah it should be logical to assume the longer that you let the pass button power up, the harder the pass should go, and vice versa.

It is kind of ridiculous the passing power is broken.
  • Josh96
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Maybe try without assisted passing
  • Dawud
    15807 posts World Class
    Semi assisted passing needed
  • FC Intl
    edited September 2015
    Maybe try without assisted passing

Thats not the issue either as far as I can tell
  • Monkey
    8345 posts League Winner
    I may have to try the skill games, I think they're on manual no?

Even so, the power still needs to be looked at
  • Dawud
    15807 posts World Class
    I do agree passing is not very realistic
  • FC Intl
    It was a problem last year too at times.

It's happening much more frequently now.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sometimes you just tap the pass button and it ends up being a rocket pass. It's a bit annoying.
  • FC Intl
    Definitely
  • Dawud
    15807 posts World Class
    Sometimes you just tap the pass button and it ends up being a rocket pass. It's a bit annoying.

And the player reacts to the pass like someone blasted it at them
  • Monkey
    8345 posts League Winner
    Dawud wrote: »

And the player reacts to the pass like someone blasted it at them

I don't find ball control to be a major issue, other than as you say the powerful passes.

Under hit passes are just as bad
  • FC Intl
    edited September 2015
    Its most damaging when you're passing back to a defender and you get the random rocket pass instead and the ball either flys by the defender and the attacker runs onto it, or the ball gets stolen because the defender understandably can't control a 150 mph pass, and the striker is then through on goal
  • SSS
    397 posts Sunday League Hero
    I just hate how the defender charges forward to intercept like a bat out of hell but it's near impossible to get the target to come to the ball to receive. Lots of passes which I think should be successful end up getting intercepted anyway.

I'm sure this will get better as I improve on how hard to push the pass but a real issue right now - too light and it gets intercepted, too hard and either they can't control or it instead targets a player well past the intended recipient.
  • Liam W
    2576 posts Fans' Favourite
    SSS wrote: »
    I just hate how the defender charges forward to intercept like a bat out of hell but it's near impossible to get the target to come to the ball to receive. Lots of passes which I think should be successful end up getting intercepted anyway.

I'm sure this will get better as I improve on how hard to push the pass but a real issue right now - too light and it gets intercepted, too hard and either they can't control or it instead targets a player well past the intended recipient.

This was bad on FIFA 15 but even worse now. When you are in the final third it is so hard to pass because nobody is actually focusing on letting you pass to them.