Has anyone actually scored from a corner?

Goldenjokered
3801 posts National Call-Up
Everytime I take/concede one, the goalkeeper either catches it or punches it, or its to wide out and nothing happens.

Comments

  • lszanto
    336 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've scored one. I've got no idea what the actual technique to scoring off them is, seems like the only effective thing is short corner then pass it around and get a shot off.
  • Dare To Dave
    4441 posts National Call-Up
    Only time I've seen one be scored was against me. Keeper missed the punch (I didn't call him out) and the guy nodded it in.
  • jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've scored 3.

    Theres a trophy to score 2 in 1 game
  • Tom
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    Quite a few.
  • schwarzgelben
    896 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Matic loves corners.
  • Foregone Conclusion
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    Did in draft. Crossed to ronaldo at near post as opponent left him to Chase my guy going short
  • strings79
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scored a few mexes loves them
  • Liam W
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scored a couple, never conceded one in FUT. Aiming in the same place with the same power seems to end up somewhere completely different to last time. I hated corners on FIFA 15 but this seems insane.

    Might try getting someone like Bonucci and Ogbonna in for aerial threat although the average height of my team must be more than 6'0".
  • Scored a few.
  • MyAccount
    1383 posts Professional
    Scored a couple. Just use the run near post tactic while calling a man short. More than likely they'll follow the man checking to the ball, then put about 2 bars of power in the cross, and your player will have space at the near post.
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    Scored enough to not think there's an issue with them
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have not even tried to score directly from a corner. I just prefer to do a short corner and keep possesion.
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    PTY BroZz wrote: »
    I have not even tried to score directly from a corner. I just prefer to do a short corner and keep possesion.
    You usually get possession back from the clearance/punch anyway?
    Only time I've seen one be scored was against me. Keeper missed the punch (I didn't call him out) and the guy nodded it in.
    Yeah the same thing happened to me. I've only conceded twice in seven games both from goalkeeping errors while defending corners.
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Score one out of 35 games or so.
  • kinosti
    64 posts Park Captain
    Have not scored and have not conceded in 50 games. The keeper always catches the ball..
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    If the keeper is always catching the ball try an out-swinger and aim for either the far end of the box or around the penalty spot. Plus remember you can move players in the box with the right stick
  • They can definitely be scored if you put spin on the ball going away from the GK
  • DesertStorm45
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2015
    Definitely tough this year. Scored only 2. Thinking of permanently switching to short corners. Maybe try tactics first on direct corners.

    I noticed the FIWC pro gamers from last year always took short corners.
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Monkey wrote: »
    If the keeper is always catching the ball try an out-swinger and aim for either the far end of the box or around the penalty spot. Plus remember you can move players in the box with the right stick

    It's still extremely hard because 1) the keeper is really good and 2) it's hard to head the ball on target.
  • Monkey
    8350 posts League Winner
    st4sh0ut wrote: »
    Monkey wrote: »
    If the keeper is always catching the ball try an out-swinger and aim for either the far end of the box or around the penalty spot. Plus remember you can move players in the box with the right stick

    It's still extremely hard because 1) the keeper is really good and 2) it's hard to head the ball on target.

    I've scored 2 from corners with a guy who has 36 heading accuracy. It's still more about the height and jumping (he's 6'1 with 78 jumping).

    You put the ball where the keeper can't reach to catch it and you'll start winning more headers and therefore scoring more.
  • Manutelli
    23623 posts Club Captain
    Yes, aim at the penalty spot and curve it in with the right or left stick, dunno which one, thought it was the left.
  • PTY BroZz
    2662 posts Fans' Favourite
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    PTY BroZz wrote: »
    I have not even tried to score directly from a corner. I just prefer to do a short corner and keep possesion.
    You usually get possession back from the clearance/punch anyway?
    Only time I've seen one be scored was against me. Keeper missed the punch (I didn't call him out) and the guy nodded it in.
    Yeah the same thing happened to me. I've only conceded twice in seven games both from goalkeeping errors while defending corners.
    haha I think I didnt explain myself correctly. I was trying 2 say that I just call a player and pass it to him, and then keep possesion.
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scored a few of them but more often than not the keeper gets the ball
  • TWS001
    2220 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scored about 5 so far, conceded 2. The last one i got was scored by Scott Parker!
  • CeeQue
    14437 posts Has That Special Something
    Scored a couple but on H2H i think maybe 1 in FUT.
Sign In or Register to comment.