The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Defending the Endlines

realhokies
516 posts An Exciting Prospect
I have found that most of my opponents score from zigzagging on the endline from the corner flag. How do you guys combatant this?

I have started to contain and call for help, which has shown better success. I have a much harder time trying to tackle at these angles it seems...and concede some crazy horrible angle goals.

Comments

• DoD_Jester
    27072 posts Player of the Year
    i do it alot tbf, ppl are so afraid of conceding pens its the easiest way for me to get in on goal
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    Hold back and don't press him .. He mostly will run into you.
  • realhokies
    Agent VZ wrote: »

Is this similar to just holding the contain button? This seems to be working much better...
  • Agent VZ
    realhokies wrote: »

Is this similar to just holding the contain button? This seems to be working much better...

No bud if you contain youll rush towards him which will make it very easy to fake shot you or zig zag and beat you.. Stay in middle range putting him in doubt whether to come in or cross.. More often than not he will just run into you.
  • realhokies

No bud if you contain youll rush towards him which will make it very easy to fake shot you or zig zag and beat you.. Stay in middle range putting him in doubt whether to come in or cross.. More often than not he will just run into you.

Very good advice! Will try this later today when I got on...I am winning games but conceding these poor goals which is frustrating.
  • Agent VZ
    Yeah bud it's a very cheap exploit used by many.. It's when the guy teleports for a short corner.. Very easy to get beaten or concede a peno in these situations.. Just let him run into you always works. Press him hard if he fake shots a bit far from you.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23784 posts Club Captain
    Jockey and back pedal until he runs into you :tongue:
  • realhokies

hi orange and thank you. similar to what Agent is saying.

CLUBS TONIGHT?!?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    23784 posts Club Captain

hi orange and thank you. similar to what Agent is saying.

CLUBS TONIGHT?!?

Np bud and hell yea!