WAS Really struggling with this game [Updated]

siavash777
128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited September 2015
Let me just start by saying that I’ve been playing Fifa for years ( 1997 ) and I’ve played Every Version of the game . Huge Huge fan since childhood.

Until Fifa 12 I was a Casual player ( Dev 3-4 ) . just abusing pace and exploit what ever way I could score .Then I discovered FUT and It got serious . I started following YouTubers and read guides. and thanks to people like KTZ777 and @HekTic_JukeZ my style of playing got switched to a positioning slow build up Tiki Taka kind of a play . and from a Dev 3-4 player I got the a point that I could win Dev 1 .

Every Year there are some aspects of the game that I struggle with at the beginning.
Like How to take Free Kicks , Corners , ect …

But man o man the story of Fifa 16 is very different .

I’ve played 32 Games in past 48 Hrs and the things that I am struggling with are so basic that is taking the fun out of the game . Basicly I cant Pass and I cant Move …

- High Percentage of my passes get intercepted my passing accuracy is at 69%

- Short passes are not accurate enough and Driven passes are hard to control even by the best of players with high ball control stat
- You cant run into spaces because Pace is gone , and you cant pass and turn because agility has been nurfed down .
- Also Skilling was a major part of my game for penetrating the defense line with my CF ( 433 False nine ) and that is also gone

Free Kicks , corners and Crossing are kind of allright which most of my goals are comin from at the moment

My Record is 23-1-8 which is not that bad but everything that makes my game enjoyable is gone in this Fifa .

I have a feeling that EA will release a patch soon . fifa16 Reviews are not good at all and rating are low ( 7.8 IGN ) . If they keep the game like this they might loose alot of costumers .

Update Sep30th

Ive been reading alot of guides and watching alotta youtube .

It took a week for me to get used to the new mechanic of the game but I think im getting it .Im not saying im very good now , but I can PLAY the game lol. I Won Dev9 with 5 Wins in a row , I know its nothing big but for me it was a huge chalenge.
I had to change my playstyle completley and made myself beleave that this is a completly new and different game .
It was way to early to give up on FIFA . and I just love this game so much to do that yet
I hope all players who are struggling give this game another chance

here is a list of things that might help

1- Change your Game Style
I used to play Fast build up , 433 , down the wing /dribling/ skiling kind of a game
now Im playing 41212 slow build up possition / simple ball roll / longshot

2-Understand the mechanics of passing
which is completly different ( got a passin Acc of 72% which is not bad ) .
imaging yourself in the feild you actually have to face some one to make a pass through him , you cant expect those magic ping pong passes from privious fifas

3- Find new ways to score in this game .
I realized finess shots are the way to go from long distance inside the box and 1vs1 just do finess shot

4- Pace
pace is still a big factor in the game but just in real life you can only use it when you have space .you cant just run around with Ibarbo abusing pace anymore. down the wings works best for me
this video helped alot

5- Skillin
like I said before skilling was a major part of my game but because of the new animations in the game alot of old skill moves are not as effective anymore
you just have to give it time and find the new skill moves that works in FIFA 16

this video helped alot

I still have ALOT to learn , I would Appriciate any comments and guidence

Post edited by siavash777 on

Comments

• siavash777
    edited September 2015

Edited
  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    The game definitely feels more realistic than last year's edition. The whole game itself feels different, so it will take time to adapt.
  • Ribasx
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    illinifan wrote: »
    The game definitely feels more realistic than last year's edition. The whole game itself feels different, so it will take time to adapt.

• Mourinho
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2015
    EA is taking the wrong direction with the game, Devs are thinking that automatic defense boost the sales but this is not the case, division exist for a purpose, let the people play the game online against a human and stop tricking the casual players with the OP AI automatic defense, any fifa before fifa 11 didn't have this problem, the automatic defense this year is extremely OP, is a insult to the human intelligence, AI AUTO TRACKING, AI AUTO INTERCEPTION, AI AUTO TACKLE, AI CONTAIN must be tone down a lot, i am playing this game each year after fifa 2003 but fifa 15 after patches was enough and for first time in years i am skipping fifa this year, fifa 15 without patches was beautiful, but those dumbs who don't have patience to learn how to play started to crying in the forum because was "HARD TO DEFENSE", now this year those noobs have exactly what they want a football game where the online multiplayer is 90% AI vs human then you don't need skill to play, the matches are pure based in luck with low scores, the ultra defensive noob have more chances to win.
  • Fumbler
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mourinho wrote: »
    EA is taking the wrong direction with the game, Devs are thinking that automatic defense boost the sales but this is not the case, division exist for a purpose, let the people play the game against a human and stop tricking the casual players with the OP AI automatic defense, any fifa before fifa 11 didn't have this problem, the automatic defense this year is extremely OP, is a insult to the human intelligence, AI AUTO TRACKING, AI AUTO INTERCEPTION, AI AUTO TACKLE, AI CONTAIN must be tone down a lot, i am playing this game each year after fifa 2003 but fifa 15 after patches was enough and for first time in years i am skipping fifa this year, fifa 15 without patches was beautiful, but those dumbs who don't have patience to learn how to play started to crying in the forum because was "HARD TO DEFENSE", now this year those noobs have exactly what they want a football game where the online multiplayer is 90% AI vs human then you don't need skill to play, the matches are pure based in luck with low scores, the ultra defensive noob have more chances to win.

Umm, yes, you do need skill to play. That's the point of the game this year. You can't just blindly pass the ball around or it will get intercepted. What a crazy concept that the midfield is actually important for once. No more quick counters from the CB to the Striker in one or two passes.

We're sorry they took your easy-mode ASSISSTED passing away.
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I love it, midfield is actually important this year.
  • Tekkerz
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    Every year ea try to make it different like op crosses, dribble and pace last year this year it seems its about perfect timed passes patient build up I like it last year was annoying with the kick off zig zag.
  • Fandango83
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Because its a game, people always look to find an exploit that leads to an advantage. I too have always played football games fifa 95 was my first fifa and have played fut since the off.

My concern is that i no longer enjoy the game. I simply am looking for a way to keep competitive online

• vapeZ
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Passing is so bad. Forwards don't make runs. The formations seem dodgy. Not enjoying the game so far
  • Fandango83
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    vapeZ wrote: »
    Passing is so bad. Forwards don't make runs. The formations seem dodgy. Not enjoying the game so far

EA know people value winning over enjoyment
  • I'm in the same situation as you, having played fifa for years I am really struggling with this one.

I do think they need to tone down auto defending, not too much as I like the fact that they are trying to get rid of lobbed through balls but I think they went too far imo.
  • Not a fan of 16, too much AI involvement. The players feel slow like they are in mud. The ball feels heavy and unresponsive.
  • Tosh
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finally started to enjoy it after watching some youtube vids on how to defend :)
  • Xaviesta
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    All you people screaming auto defending yet you say nothing about your auto attack runs and overly assisted shooting. This year actually requires you to think, so start learning.
  • siavash777
    Xaviesta wrote: »
    All you people screaming auto defending yet you say nothing about your auto attack runs and overly assisted shooting. This year actually requires you to think, so start learning.

Didnt mention Auto defending at all . the problem is the accurecy of passes you make not defenders .

alot of stuff in this game is automatic and it has to be .Goalkeepers are Automatic . Attackers Making runs are Automatic , defenders marking players are Automatic ...etc

. making EVERYTHING manual is not gonna make the game better .

• siavash777
    Ive been reading alot of guides and watching alotta youtube .

It took a week for me to get used to the new mechanic of the game but I think im getting it .Im not saying im very good , but I can PLAY the game lol. I Won Dev9 with 5 Wins in a row , I know its nothing big but for me it was a huge chalenge.
    I had to change my playstyle completley and made myself beleave that this is a completly new and different game .
    It was way to early to give up on FIFA . and I just love this game so much to do that yet
    I hope all players who are struggling give this game another chance

here is a list of things that might help

1- Change your Game Style
    I used to play Fast build up , 433 , down the wing /dribling/ skiling kind of a game
    now Im playing 41212 slow build up possition / simple ball roll / longshot

2-Understand the mechanics of passing
    which is completly different ( got a passin Acc of 72% which is not bad ) .
    imaging yourself in the feild you actually have to face some one to make a pass through him , you cant expect those magic ping pong passes from privious fifas

3- Find new ways to score in this game .
    I realized finess shots are the way to go from long distance inside the box and 1vs1 just do finess shot

4- Pace
    pace is still a big factor in the game but just in real life you can only use it when you have space .you cant just run around with Ibarbo abusing pace anymore. down the wings works best for me
    this video helped alot

5- Skillin
    like I said before skilling was a major part of my game but because of the new animations in the game alot of old skill moves are not as effective anymore
    you just have to give it time and find the new skill moves that works in FIFA 16

this video helped alot

I still have ALOT to learn , I would Appriciate any comments and guidence
  • I love the changes even though I want to break my controller every other game