Just in case 1
  • Sloosh
    6751 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2015
    Just in case 2

You can post now. :blush:
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck. Nice to see a career on here about a club in France. Pretty good title. ;)
  • Zz CLUBLEY zZ
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    good luck. pics look pretty :*
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    ad90b2698408d2f89e14d1cbe6f8eab7.png

Fantastic title. :blush:

(Seriously though, good luck. Should be a blast with Gourcuff and Quintero. Also shout out to the Lithuanian keeper there, didn't even know he was at Rennes.)
  • Sloosh
    Good luck. Nice to see a career on here about a club in France. Pretty good title. ;)
    good luck. pics look pretty :*

Thank you. :blush:
    stickey wrote: »
    ad90b2698408d2f89e14d1cbe6f8eab7.png

Fantastic title. :blush:

(Seriously though, good luck. Should be a blast with Gourcuff and Quintero. Also shout out to the Lithuanian keeper there, didn't even know he was at Rennes.)

Even worse than mine. :blush:

Looking forward to getting into it, already got an above average attack with the likes of Sio, Ntep and obviously Gourcuff and Quintero. Defence may need some tinkering.
  • Sloosh
    edited September 2015
    50GR7bU.png

Stade Rennais F.C. have announced today that Philippe Montanier has resigned as manager of the club.

Montanier, who joined the club in 2013, led Rennes to a 12th place position in his first season as Rennais manager. In his second season as manager he guided the club to a 9th place finish. It is understood Montanier had expressed his desire of facing a new challenge elsewhere and felt it was the right time to go.

A club statement read: "Stade Rennais Football Club can confirm that Philippe Montanier has left his role as Stade Rennais manager. We appreciate Philippe's ambition in driving the club forward during his two year tenure with us. The board wishes to inform supporters that Stade Rennais will be doing their best to bring in a new manager who can help fulfil the ambitions and goals the club possesses with immediate action. We would like to wish Philippe Montanier the very best in his future ventures."
  • Sloosh
    sW8XkXN.png

Stade Rennais Football Club are pleased to announce Rob Hurley as their new manager

The 27 year old takes over from Philippe Montainer, in what is his first venture as a first team manager, after a successful tenure as assistant manager at English side Chelsea.

A club statement read: "Stade Rennais are thrilled to have Rob on board at the club. He is a bright, young and ambitious manager who's work behind the scenes at Chelsea hasn't gone unnoticed. We are very pleased and hope the supporters are too."

In his first interview as Stade Rennais manager, Rob had this to say: "I am delighted to be here. When Rennais approached me and outlined their plans for the future, it was impossible to say no. I am very pleased the board have placed their faith in me and I'll do my very best to repay them through a very successful season for the club."
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    hope you get sacked
  • Sloosh
    Coops wrote: »
    hope you get sacked

hmm doubt it
  • SAFCDavid
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Good luck mate, nice to see a Ligue 1 career on here
  • Ashy
    8286 posts League Winner
    Good luck, you have Juan Quintero on loan so he could be good for you :)
  • Sloosh
    SAFCDavid wrote: »
    Good luck mate, nice to see a Ligue 1 career on here

Thanks. :)
    Ashy wrote: »
    Good luck, you have Juan Quintero on loan so he could be good for you :)

He does look lovely indeed.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Love the title.

Good luck. Hopefully you can at least qualify for the Europa League.
  • Sloosh
    Love the title.

Good luck. Hopefully you can at least qualify for the Europa League.

:relieved:

Thanks. That would be dreamy stuff.
  • Chris
    5385 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck man!
  • Farlz
    7743 posts League Winner
    Good luck pal
  • Sloosh
    Chris wrote: »
    Good luck man!

Cheers.
    Farlz wrote: »
    Good luck pal

Thanks Fazza pal
  • Sloosh
    wxkpOYt.png

Stade Rennais F.C. are set to take part in the European International Cup as part of their pre-season preparations.

England are set to play host to the competition which will consist of two groups of four teams, the top two teams in each group will make it to the semi-final stage. Stade Rennais, Crystal Palace, Atlanta and RSC Anderlecht make up group one, while group two will consist of Sunderland, Bournemouth, Sassuolo and Feyenoord.

Stade Rennais manager Rob Hurley had this to say about the upcoming tournament: "The way I see it, this pre-season tournament will be a fantastic opportunity for me to experiment different lineups and tactics with the team, I can't wait for the tournament to get underway."
  • Sloosh
    edited September 2015
    European Intercontinental Cup

2m2gQlo.png

mkr0Urw.png

e5gn4yB.png

Stade Rennais breeze past their opposition to make it to the semi-finals of the European Intercontinental Cup, where they will face Italian side Sassuolo. The other semi-final to take place is Sunderland versus Anderlecht. Stade Rennais will be hoping Paul-Georges Ntep will be able to carry on his impressive form, notching up 3 goals in 3 games, into the semi-final. Jeremie Boga has entered the fray as to whether he should a part of the starting eleven, after scoring on his debut against Crystal Palace.

Manager Hurley had this to say in a short interview after making it out of the group stage: "The mentality and confidence in the squad is fantastic. The team has showed it has the ability to score many goals per game which is very pleasing. I am confident we can go all the way in this tournament."
    Post edited by Sloosh on
  • Ashy
    8286 posts League Winner
    good luck in the pre-season tournament, some decent teams in there but nothing too difficult
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Good preseason tournament. Those opponents weren't of highest quality, but neither are some of the clubs you'll play against in the Ligue 1, so it's good to know that you can beat those teams fairly easily. Unlucky against Anderlecht, but understandable considering Mexer's sending off.
  • Sloosh
    Ashy wrote: »
    good luck in the pre-season tournament, some decent teams in there but nothing too difficult

Thanks. Will be very disappointed if we don't go all the way now.
    Good preseason tournament. Those opponents weren't of highest quality, but neither are some of the clubs you'll play against in the Ligue 1, so it's good to know that you can beat those teams fairly easily. Unlucky against Anderlecht, but understandable considering Mexer's sending off.

Oh yeah definitely agree there. If I struggle against those type of teams qualifying for Europe would definitely be in jeopardy. Early signs of being able to dismantle these type of teams easily are comforting.
  • Sloosh
    European Continental Cup Semi-Final
    ax6o63L.png

European Continental Cup Final
    itqTAL6.png

iGll0Z2.png
    A promising pre-season campaign for Stade Rennais ended on a sour note as they lost 1-0 to Sunderland in the final of the European Continental Cup. An early first minute strike from former Spurs man Jermaine Defoe gave Sunderland the only goal they needed to secure the victory on the day.

Stade Rennais manager Rob Hurley had this to say after the game: "Of course it is disappointing to lose the final, as most people had expected us to win it, but I am very pleased with the performance of the lads over the course of the pre-season tournament and we stand in good stead for the season ahead."