I'm really enjoying Fifa 16 this year. EA have succesfully addressed most of the last year's issues.
However, I truly think that Fifa is going to be dethronized in the next years (probably it already is). No offence for Konami, that undoubtedly made a very solid football game this year, but the real Fifa-breaker is EA itself.
In fact, since Fifa became a FUTcentric game, big innovations and/or revolutions are starting to lack. Furthemore, great modes such as the Career or Pro Club seem like abandoned.
I am aware that FUT means more money for EA, but it's a shame because I think that Fifa is more than just opening packs.
If Konami manages to fix issues and keeps improving its game, while EA keeps focusing only on FUT, then what I've written above will be real very soon.
Here's my ideas and suggestions:1) GAMEPLAY
: tactical side of football in Fifa should be more deeper. We should be able to percieve the differencies of our choices. This would also differenciate a lot each teamplay style.
- Next-Gen AI
: this year AI has been improved a lot, I really liked it but...again, all teams play all the same tiki-taka style, whether you are playing against Barcelona or against Catania. Every team should have its own playstyle AI, at least the most famous ones. This would make every match different, unpredictable, challenging and (most important) fun.
: it should not only affect fatigue or the probability to get injured, but also shooting and strenght. At the moment, players on the pitch seem to not feel the consequences of being tired so much.
- Dynamic weather
: just like in Pes. Of course, weather changing should also affect gameplay.2) VISUAL/AUDIO
- More info before the match
: more in-game info such as temperature, humidity, people on the stadium, etc.
: possibility for a player to get banded after an injury.
: a seriously injured player cannot always exit the pitch on his own. So what about implementing stretchers and/or medical staff?
- More kit selection options at game startup
: we should get to select from the following: home team shirt, away team shirt, home team "lower" (shorts/socks), away team "lower", home GK, away GK, and referees.3) CAREER MODE
- Signing contracts with sponsors
: bring this feature back.
- Better press conference
: it should be like NBA 2K.
- Virtual Pro
: career mode with our virtual pro should be deeper, a full 360° experience. I would like to see implemented many aspects of a footballer's life including relationships with his team-mates, manager, fans, friends, and family; own money management and expenditure; training; club and sponsor contracts. Look at the "New Star Soccer" and "NBA 2K" series.
- Deeper managerial options
: we should get to hire youth coaches, reserve team coaches, etc. We should get to "install" more team infrastructure, whether that be a better medical staff, better training ground, bigger youth academy, better scouting, or even a bigger (or brand-new) stadium.
- Changing the interface
: the main interface should be changed as well. I think having an office would be cool and when you go to certain stuff in your office you can do different things, for example picking up a newspaper off your desk will show you the latest transfer rumours and done deals, looking at your pc will show you your emails instead of them automatically coming up after pressing advance, and looking at your desk calendar to view up coming fixtures etc. and the bigger the club the better your office gets.4) ONLINE
- Online arena
as an online lobby whilst waiting in the clubs menu with friends, being able to give your friends tutorials for skill moves or practice with your club keeper.
- Revamped Pro Club mode
.5) NEW GAME MODES
- Street Mode
: like those seen in Fifa Street.
- Roman Arena
: unlockable after completing all the skill games, for both online and offline. This game mode was inspired by the 2 on 2 teammates challenge from NBA 2K 2012:
- It consists of two teams, made up from 2 up to 4 players, playing in a half a standard pitch (just like in the Arena mode) and one goal with a goalkeeper.
- The attacking team must dribble at least one of the other team's player, then they can score from whenever they want (so a goal being scored before dribbling someone of the defending team won't be validated). If a player of the attacking team get fouled, then he can score by shooting the freekick directly to the goal or passing the ball to his teammates.
- The defending team must steal the ball from the opposing team, then they can score. Of course like above, if one of them get fouled he can score with the freekick or pass the ball.
- Naturally the team that scores a goal will become the defending team and viceversa. The team that first scores a certain amount of goals wins the match.
- To summarize: both teams cannot score until they dribble someone or steal the ball from the opposing team, depending on the situation. Timing is the key in this mode.
: unlockable after completing all the skill games, only MANUAL controls allowed, offline and online:
- It consists of at least three players against a goalkeeper in a half-sized pitch. Each player starts with the same amount of "life-points" (the player who starts as a goalkeeper will have more life-points than the other ones).
- Players have to score EXCLUSIVELY with volley shots, so they need to pass themseves the ball with crosses and lob passes.
- Every time a player scores a goal, the goalkeeper loses a certain amount of "life-points", depending on what type of goal it is (see below, POINTS LOST).
- If a player misses the goal, then he will become the new goalkeeper (unless he get the post, in that case the player who shot the ball is safe), and the previous goalkeeper will join the other players.
- When a player loses all his life-points, he will be sent out. The game keeps going until only two players are left; then penalty shots would award the winner.
-1 point: goal scored with foot
-2 points: goal scored with head
-3 points: goal scored with knee
-5 points: goal scored with a backheel or a scissor kick
-6 points: goal scored with shoulder
-10 points: goal scored with a bicycle kick
-20 points: goal scored with a scorpion kick
-all points: goal scored with shoulder, bicycle kick or a scorpion kick from outside the box
NOTE: if ALL the players get involved (by doing first time lob passes in a row), there will be a X2 multiplier.6) MISC
- FIFA Golden Ball
: introduction of the FIFA Golden Ball list and its price-giving ceremony.
- Two player skill games local and online
As you can see, there are plenty of ideas.
Fifa 16 for me, laid very good foundations to build the future titles of the series on.
Now is time for EA to fully take advantage of the new consoles and PC's hardware to create a truly next-gen title in every aspect: Visual/Audio, Gameplay, AI and Game modes.
I will keep this page edited if some new idea pops out.
PS: sorry for my English.