The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Looks like I'm in the minority here...

alexanderk26
1395 posts Professional
I've played a total of 5 matches and I absolutely hate this game. Passing is horrid , game is non stop strayed passes. So not crisp. This time last year I was already 25 matches in. Oh well. Looks like I'll be saving a ton of money this year since I'm done buying FP.

I'm sad I don't enjoy this Fifa :'( . Atleast I have gears UE to keep me busy

Comments

• Agent Murhawk
    8642 posts League Winner
    Good players like it this year, bad players hate it.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32687 posts National Team Captain
    Passing is realistic...have zero issues with passing. Only time I make a horrid pass is usually my fault due to bad position or bad blind pass because I'm so used to FIFA 15 sometimes
  • NoToHullTigers
    1393 posts Professional
    Passing is realistic...have zero issues with passing. Only time I make a horrid pass is usually my fault due to bad position or bad blind pass because I'm so used to FIFA 15 sometimes

Yep or rushing it, all my goals I concede are my fault due to passing but I'm getting used to it
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    I've played a total of 5 matches and I absolutely hate this game. Passing is horrid , game is non stop strayed passes. So not crisp. This time last year I was already 25 matches in. Oh well. Looks like I'll be saving a ton of money this year since I'm done buying FP.

Try it for a bit longer, I'm sure you'll grow to like it. It's just different, that's all.
  • alexanderk26
    1395 posts Professional

I won D1 last year 8 times. I don't consider my self a great player by any means but I'm definitely not bad. Ill just chalk it up as a loss though.
  • alexanderk26
    1395 posts Professional
    edited September 2015
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

Try it for a bit longer, I'm sure you'll grow to like it. It's just different, that's all.

I struggled last year to start after skipping FIFA 14 all together but I loved the game off the bat (15)even though I was getting beat left and right. This gameplay is just not for me I guess. I don't enjoy it at all.
  • The game is much more realistic.
    First few matches, I struggled, but then I realised you can't just tap A to pass it like Barca anymore
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

I struggled last year to start after skipping FIFA 14 all together but I loved the game off the bat (15)even though I was getting beat left and right. This gameplay is just not for me I guess. I don't enjoy it at all.

I know where you're coming from, and I agree it's not played at 100mph like last year. I thought the first few games I played were an absolutely grind too, but I'm confident that once I unlearn all the habits picked up from 15, it'll be a more enjoyable experience. By no stretch of the imagination did I play a team which took advantage of the emphasis on speed last year, but I still need to get out of the habit of doing some of the smaller things. Once that's done, I think I'll be okay.

I hope you figure it out one way or another. Life's too short to your free waste time doing something that you don't like. Good luck..
  • TORZADO
    5159 posts Big Money Move
    Play around with the controller assists etc til it suits you
  • Sm0k1ng Ac1d
    950 posts Professional
    I've never been a champion but this year I'm absoulutely dreadful, cant even enter in opponents box. Ill buy the game anyway but at the moment is not funny at all
  • Gareth90t
    258 posts Sunday League Hero

• D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Im struggling to enjoy any game I win. My record is 13-4-11. Hated almost every game so far. I dont understand the passing, it seems that the game will take note of WHEN you press A but decide in which direction it goes and completely ignores what you pressed.

I messed about with the Passing assistance and stuff last night and it seems to have improved slightly, still need to get the through ball and crossing right but the ground passes are definitely better on manual for me.
  • Lamelasaurus
    840 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been enjoying Seasons much more than draft. The only thing that's annoying me is my crosses go straight to the keeper every time
  • NejvetsiBorec
    1198 posts Professional
    Im not liking it much, its the most noob friendly AI assisted Fifa ever.

Defending takes 0 skill, attacking also. Most of the goals are after you run straight through your opponent and the ball bounces back to you.

Dribbling is good and GKs are ridiculously inconstistent.
  • criminal3655
    649 posts Sunday League Hero
    Been enjoying Seasons much more than draft. The only thing that's annoying me is my crosses go straight to the keeper every time

yeah I found this aswell, you have to actually aim your crosses now with the left analog stick like backwards where you want to cross
  • Sorry, game is great but passing should be better. I know how to pass, but sometimes when i try to pass to the first person (hit a slowly) he gives it to the farest person. Then i get a counter and they score. I had the feeling last year that most of the goals they scored are from bad passes from the AI. I realy like this game, but passing should be better when you hit a direction, they pass to a another side. I know i happens in real football to, but if i aim to the right, then he should pass to the right. If i hit a little bit the a buttom, then he should pass not to farr.
    Again, this FIFA is great, i realy like it, just the defence is a little bit overpowered (controlled by the AI) en Futdraft is a money thing. I play only seasons now, hate the fut and futdraftmode for the moment (i don't have the money to buy the best players are opening packs).
    For the moment i enjoy seasons the most.
    Thx (sorry i speak dutch)
  • jkurupt
    47 posts Park Captain

very true
  • jkurupt
    47 posts Park Captain
    even top passers like iniesta and pirlo mess passes up fifa should be close to real life and i think this fifa is by far the best yet, people need to learn how to play the game before they slag it off
  • Cherriesfan
    1280 posts Professional
    love this game tbh, ive always been a decent defender and this year is just brilliant for me, 7.5 games without condeding in the trial something i would never have believed possible on 15, so much less "EA BS" this year aswell.
  • Dodds
    8536 posts League Winner
    You can tell who used to abuse the FIFA 15 mechanics so early on it's great.

No more lobbed through balls, forced play to the strikers doesn't work either.

Passing is great if you actually pass where you are looking, RB and A is the best pass around the box to create a scoring opportunity.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32687 posts National Team Captain
    ThuGShadow wrote: »
    Sorry, game is great but passing should be better. I know how to pass, but sometimes when i try to pass to the first person (hit a slowly) he gives it to the farest person. Then i get a counter and they score. I had the feeling last year that most of the goals they scored are from bad passes from the AI. I realy like this game, but passing should be better when you hit a direction, they pass to a another side. I know i happens in real football to, but if i aim to the right, then he should pass to the right. If i hit a little bit the a buttom, then he should pass not to farr.
    Again, this FIFA is great, i realy like it, just the defence is a little bit overpowered (controlled by the AI) en Futdraft is a money thing. I play only seasons now, hate the fut and futdraftmode for the moment (i don't have the money to buy the best players are opening packs).
    For the moment i enjoy seasons the most.
    Thx (sorry i speak dutch)

I'll admit this happens sometimes and it's annoying but idk I just deal with it I guess. It always did that last year when that furthest player was offsides... it always wants to pass to the offsides person for whatever reason