FIFA Points have gone up

I'm not sure about other regions but in Canada, FIFA points have gone up. 12000 FP have gone from 99.99 to 129.99.

For those who haven't played the game yet, I suggest you load your desired FP in FIFA 15 ( still has the old prices) , then do the one time transfer once you start FIFA 16. I did that. I loaded 4600 FP and it cost 39.99. When I checked on 16 the same amount was 54.99. That's quite a difference!

Remember, the transfer is a one time thing so try to load as many points as you think you will need. This is the only time I will buy FP. I haven't checked 15 since yesterday but I imagine the old prices are still there. No more FP for me.

Good luck guys!

Comments

• Thomas_Müller
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    ive read somewhere that this is a bug or something
  • Rozz
    6721 posts Big Money Move
    More money for them , very simple.
  • JatefuDias
    516 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is this happening in other regions too?

FP's more expensive and packs getting worse (from what I've read). wth
  • ive read somewhere that this is a bug or something

I'm not sure but for now, if you don't want to pay the higher prices, I suggest people to do what I did.

I read somewhere that it's due to the drop in the Canadian dollar. Who knows. Anybody in other regions notice the price changes?
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    JatefuDias wrote: »

It hasn't happened in any other region as far as I can remember, just Canada. Isn't it something to do with the value of the Canadian Dollar?
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2015
    Did you have Season Ticket on PS3/FUT15?
    Then you got a 20% discount.
    EA Access gives you a discount as well.

Or as you mentioned, they might have adjusted due to currency-exchange-rates.

I loaded FifaPoints on PS3/FUT15 with SeasonTicket in order to get 20%-discount.
    Afraid that they adjusted CHF-prices as well - which would make FP much cheaper in CHF. Maybe I made a mistake to load with the old prices then :cold_sweat::D
  • Jim
    1383 posts Professional
    It's just Canada. It's almost definitely because the Canadian dollar lost so much value in the past year. But that being said, it's still excessive (30% jump in price vs about 20% loss of value).
  • gia wrote: »
    Did you have Season Ticket on PS3/FUT15?
    Then you got a 20% discount.
    EA Access gives you a discount as well.

Or as you mentioned, they might have adjusted due to currency-exchange-rates.

I loaded FifaPoints on PS3/FUT15 with SeasonTicket in order to get 20%-discount.
    Afraid that they adjusted CHF-prices as well - which would make FP much cheaper in CHF. Maybe I made a mistake to load with the old prices then :cold_sweat::D

That's a good point. I don't think I have season ticket on my main account. I did purchase it last year but I'm pretty sure it was my other account. I had to start a new account as I was locked out of my account early in FIFA 15 and as you know, EA took forever to fix the problem so I was forced to start a new account and now that's my main one. As I didn't buy FP after the first day, I don't recall if I received a discount.
  • Jim wrote: »
    It's just Canada. It's almost definitely because the Canadian dollar lost so much value in the past year. But that being said, it's still excessive (30% jump in price vs about 20% loss of value).

That's why I posted this. Hopefully my friends up North will see this and save themselves a significant amount of money. It's pretty ridiculous.
  • Hoosierdaddy76
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cory wrote: »

It hasn't happened in any other region as far as I can remember, just Canada. Isn't it something to do with the value of the Canadian Dollar?
    Yes, it is.
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cory wrote: »

Yes, it is.
    Thought so.
  • Boabdust
    5118 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah I believe it is only in Canada
  • ROABS
    851 posts Semi-Pro
    the canadian dollar is @ 1.33 to 1 US dollar that would account for the 30% jump in price.
  • Lashley
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you're on Xbox just use another region to buy them and save some money
  • Spike_hunter2
    18 posts Last Pick at the Park
    supply and demand economics 101
  • Chubz
    3243 posts National Call-Up
    Well, in South Africa I can confirm its gone up by 20% i.e 1050 fifa 15 points cost R99, but 1050 fifa 16 points cost R120 now O_O
  • Fleshgod
    872 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lashley wrote: »
    If you're on Xbox just use another region to buy them and save some money
    You still have to do a currency transaction - and then you're having to guess what exchange rate your bank will give you.

• IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    supply and demand economics 101

Not really, just the dollar value changing.
  • JJ Illumina T
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So when the dollar goes up the points prices will come down? Hell no it wont!
  • hasn't gone up for US prices?

• RadioShaq
    17676 posts Moderator
    Think its only canada seems everything gaming is going up there.
  • Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Canada is still getting a cheaper deal than lots of countries:

ohxcY5k.png

FP are supposed to cost relatively the same across all countries. If the value of your currency drops, expect to not pay the same from year to year.
  • Canada is still getting a cheaper deal than lots of countries:

ohxcY5k.png

FP are supposed to cost relatively the same across all countries. If the value of your currency drops, expect to not pay the same from year to year.

The deal is even better if you load FP on FIFA 15 and then do the one time transfer the first time you log on to 16. Which was the whole point of this thread.