Optimistically trying and starting a serious discussion on passing ...

Galaynn
375 posts Sunday League Hero
I have played around 20 games on FUT and 10 H2H.

Generally I like the game, especially H2H, but I have an issue with a couple of things:

- passing: I like the fact you can no longer ping pong pass, and I like the fact the you need to face the right direction before passing. I also like the fact that LB+Y no longer works (EA may have exaggerated a bit on that, it is now totally impossible to use it, but ok, the important thing was to prevent abuse, which was really annoying, so fine). What I really have an issue with are:

(1) if there are more than one player on the line of passing, 90% of the times the pass tries to reach the more distant player, even if you apply little pressure on the pass button;

(2) the addressee of the pass standing there waiting for the pass while the defenders advance and intercept the ball (sorry I don't know the word in English for that, but I am pretty sure you get what I mean);

(3) passes are very slow (which often leads to (2)), unless you use the new driven pass (R1+pass);

- pressure: most FUT (not H2H) games are a pressure feast (they all look like a D1 FUT15 game in that respect), and the new passing system (which as I said I like, except for the few issues above) does not help. Players have endless stamina and can happily press and double-press all game, which is a bit unrealistic.

Now let's give DOG and his friends a couple of post to troll with their "you are bad" etc, and then let's hear your views guys.

Comments

• BatmansAGeordie
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive only played four games online so cant comment on too much but I do know that LB &Ys arent impossible they just need to be timed perfectly and with the right amount of power. In the few games I did play I managed a few Beckhamesque cross field over the top through balls that just looked exquisite. Overall I like the passing and the fact the game forces you to make a pass just to keep the ball sometimes rather than every pass trying to be an assist.
  • Mikey
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Serious discussion?
    You meant serious essay?
  • FifaProDK
    1018 posts Professional
    Just use the new passing with purpose (RB/R1) when you pass.
  • Masakari
    876 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2015
    Passing is terrible this year. They rightfully nerfed no-scope 40m LBYs and stuff like that, but pass power, direction and target is completely unreliable and random.

You can lightly tap the button and it makes a 30m pass to whoever it decides, or fill the power bar and it does a weak-❤️❤️❤️❤️ 10m pass that any player can intercept.

They had to make up a new mechanic with a 2-button combination for strong passes because the regular passing system doesn't work.

And people think this game is great :D

Absolutely terrible passing, terrible. As someone who plays possession every year, this year is by far the worst.

Auto-interceptions + awful passing = constant turnovers.
  • Nick
    80 posts Park Captain
    I like passing this year. You have to pick your passes and weight them correctly to advance.

However, my only issue with it is that normal passes (i.e. non-driven passes - the RB one) are often too slow and easy to intercept.
  • Galaynn
    375 posts Sunday League Hero
    Masakari wrote: »
    Passing is terrible this year. They rightfully nerfed no-scope 40m LBYs and stuff like that, but pass power, direction and target is completely unreliable and random.

You can lightly tap the button and it makes a 30m pass to whoever it decides, or fill the power bar and it does a weak-❤️❤️❤️❤️ 10m pass that any player can intercept.

They had to make up a new mechanic with a 2-button combination for strong passes because the regular passing system doesn't work.

And people think this game is great :D

Absolutely terrible passing, terrible. As someone who plays possession every year, this year is by far the worst.

Auto-interceptions + awful passing = constant turnovers.

I tend to agree, though I still think (or at least hope!) it is also a matter of getting used to it.

And as someone was suggesting, maybe using the R1+pass more (though my issue is not with long, deep passes, it is ok that they are not always successful, the problem is when I try and pass to a player who is 5m away and the system tries a 30m pass instead)
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    (2) is the one that infuriates me. My player is between the defender and the ball, I hold he stick towards the ball, the defender still runs around him and intercepts while he stands there contemplating his own digital mortality.