The death of FUT draft

Dr.Strange
1479 posts Play-Off Hero
That's my prediction. I think it will die out in a few weeks. The main issue is that its not
rewarding. You risk 15k and if you want anything of value back you gotta win at least 2 matches online. The majority of players are below or above average so if you lose after your 1st or 2nd match you've lost. So much effort and so much at risk for the probability you'll make the final and gain a 7.5k pack.

They should have lowered the entry fee to 7.5 or 10 at best or increased rewards slightly for earlier losses.

Comments

• RadioShaq
    14889 posts Moderator
    Its still better value than opening packs.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    Unfortunately I agree.

Only way it's going to work is if you get a free draft token every time you win it.
  • PizziPizza
    14040 posts Has That Special Something
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    That's my prediction. I think it will die out in a few weeks. The main issue is that its not
    rewarding. You risk 15k and if you want anything of value back you gotta win at least 2 matches online. The majority of players are below or above average so if you lose after your 1st or 2nd match you've lost. So much effort and so much at risk for the probability you'll make the final and gain a 7.5k pack.

They should have lowered the entry fee to 7.5 or 10 at best or increased rewards slightly for earlier losses.

Or better packs. That way the gamble would pay off.
    Looks like even if you manage to win all matches it still won't reward you accordingly.
  • BlitzersNL
    24141 posts Club Captain
    People will play it. Because lots of players have a spare 15k.

They wont play it all the time but they will play it
  • LatviaFTW
    470 posts Sunday League Hero
    I won't play it as much as I thought I would, my rewards have been awful. 4 wins = bad packs, Filipe Luis. 3 wins = awful packs, all discards
  • Mikey
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maybe 15k on draft is a waste in comparison to 15k on a player for example, but 15k on draft is way better then directly on 7.5k packs.
  • hansie-fcu
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's because the packs sucks I wouldn't put 15k in it even if you win every match you still have lost coins in the end
  • I'm inclined to disagree and the reason why is because from what i have seen so far is that the chances of pulling any players 85+ are very slim compared to previous years.
    I have seen a lot of people do pack openings over the past few days and not exactly pulling out wonders and this was people spending thousands and thousands of FP.
    I can only see this pushing people onto Draft Mode because if they aren't getting the top players and supply and demand is dictating a high price on the sought after players, people will only go onto Draft Mode as a means of trying out these players.
    For me i think the rewards aren't great. You should be atleast rewarded with a free draft token with every 2 draft tokens you purchase. 300FP is alot of money i feel for what could be potentially one match.

Me personally i wont be playing any draft mode unless i come across free draft tokens as im not willing to put money into something where server quality is not great and the chance of being kicked off the servers and getting a loss would only make me feel a bit ripped off.
  • They will either have to lower the entry fee, or buff the rewards.
  • ha032742
    35032 posts Moderator
    They will either have to lower the entry fee, or buff the rewards.

I agree
  • hayhor1
    14219 posts Has That Special Something
    We were saying this a long time ago. I will only play the offline to guarentee the full reward and maximize my points.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24593 posts Club Captain
    It will be played a lot by people that open packs. It's much better value to play draft rather then open packs. Also, when people have the players they want and teams they want, i think as soon as they get a spare 15k they will also enter it.

I also agree with Kurt. If you win the draft you should get a token to enter again. I also think they should have special happy hour kind of deals where it's half price to enter.
  • happyblue
    349 posts Sunday League Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    What about all the players who cannot afford or choose not to buy FIFA points?

They are unable or choose not to open packs to speed up their FUT progress. They will still have the desire to play FUT Draft for the experience but are locked out.
  • RSB3
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited September 2015
    I am agree. The winner should acces for free the next draft. it's unacceptable for who wins 4 times (not easy) to lose money.

The money fee it's a problem, but in a couple of weeks if the standards players go away from this mode (because they lost a lot of money plating it) only remain the players who win a lot of matches (and probably losing money too)... Then the Draft will be very hard mode, and more people go away
  • JT
    582 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got bored of it whilst playing it on the beta. However the amount of people who have been getting good packs on it will make people want to play it
  • happyblue
    JT wrote: »
    I got bored of it whilst playing it on the beta. However the amount of people who have been getting good packs on it will make people want to play it
    Do you mean expensive packs as prizes (100K/50K/35K) or good packs meaning lots of high value players are showing up in the FUT Draft packs?
  • Dragon0102
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I made the same post a month ago. This mode is awesome for EA as it is a coin drain. Sucks for us ... Typical EA.

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/73248/fut-draft-is-amazing-except-for#latest
  • RadioShaq
    14889 posts Moderator
    happyblue wrote: »

They are unable or choose not to open packs to speed up their FUT progress. They will still have the desire to play FUT Draft for the experience but are locked out.

15k coins to play with ronaldo what 2-5m and maybe one more star like best or messi another 2-5m. I wouldn't say thats bad value then you add on you still get your value back in packs. I can see not wanting to play to save coins for the regular divisions but its not a bad choice either way.
  • RadioShaq wrote: »

15k coins to play with ronaldo what 2-5m and maybe one more star like best or messi another 2-5m. I wouldn't say thats bad value then you add on you still get your value back in packs. I can see not wanting to play to save coins for the regular divisions but its not a bad choice either way.

Not always guaranteed you will get to have Ronaldo in your team though. Yes you get a top player to choose from as captain when you start.
    But are the rewards really getting up to the 15k mark?
  • RadioShaq
    14889 posts Moderator
    The packs are worth 15k maybe not the contents. It also depends how good you are some get 100k packs.
  • Azablucky
    4105 posts National Call-Up
    I feel the rewards are great. You get packs as a reward so if you compare draft mode to buying packs. What's better, losing and getting the packs anyway but you had the chance to get maybe a 100k pack. Or just buying 2 7.5k packs? I know which one it is.

I do think though EA should give you a free draft token if you win your 4 matches.
  • BatmansAGeordie
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    Arent you guaranteed more than 300fp worth of packs? If im using fp to open packs in going to get 15k packs over 7.5 and usually 15k packs arent available so i would play the draft to guarantee the 15k pack with the chance of a bonus.
  • happyblue

Yeah, I appreciate your take on it.

I hadn't thought that playing Draft for 15K coins will sometimes be a worthwhile option but you're right it isn't bad value.
  • TwoZebras
    5320 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah, agreed. The novelty has already worn off for me.

It's just not rewarding enough
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some of the replies. Guaranteed better ? More value than packs ?

If you play a good opponent 1st match and lose you get 2 5k packs. Big loss (13k loss).
    If you win that match and lose your 2nd match you get a 7.5k,5k and i think a 1.75k silver pack. I'm not sure about you guys but i'd rather open 2 7.5k packs. So you have to win at least 2 online matches to break even.

Sure if you're great at the game it's rewarding for you but soon the majority of players who are average players will quit this game mode and it'll become like D1.
  • IDB
    1876 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2015
    It won't die down at all (maybe just a bit, but not a lot). People will just start coming to their senses and use FP to enter (either offline or online), then save the packs for toty or tots or something.
  • Flatision
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    Atleast it drains out coins from the game so prices will be a little lower.
  • happyblue
    IDB wrote: »
    It won't die down at all (maybe just a bit, but not a lot). People will just start coming to their senses and use FP to enter (either offline or online), then save the packs for toty or tots or something.
    I can't remember where I saw it but it has been strongly suggested that when we receive a free pack or a prize pack or whatever, it's contents are already chosen.

The players and items are already decided for the unopened pack we were awarded so it doesn't matter if we immediately open a prize pack or save it until next week.
  • BatmansAGeordie
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ive only played online Futdraft twice and won one and lost in the final in the other so wasnt sure of the rewards. I remember watching a video with Chuboi and someone else explaining Futdraft and Chu said even if you lose the first round you get your 15k but obviously they decided to scrap that.

• Agent Murhawk
    8196 posts League Winner
    The draft is awesome. I've win it 10 times online and I love the rewards you get.