I don't mind the passing, I don't mind the speed but...

L1vingl1fe
3074 posts National Call-Up
I wish they wouldn't have killed dribbling and skilling as much as they did...

I think the passing is more realistic and that's great. They slowed the whole pace of the game down and thats good too. But why have skills if they aren't effective anymore?

Comments

• Flatision
    428 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree but give LT+RT a try if you can. It''s not great but definitely better than 'dribbling' with the sticks.
  • twinsdude5
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't know if i am even going to enjoy this game if they really nerfed skills. That is my escape from pace and sweat
  • L1vingl1fe
    Flatision wrote: »
    I agree but give LT+RT a try if you can. It''s not great but definitely better than 'dribbling' with the sticks.

It is ok, but not the same. I used LT + RT when appropriate in 15 as well and liked it. But its not the same as effectively skilling which it seems impossible to do in 16. I know many are going to say, its more realistic this way and I can't argue that, but it does take some fun out of it.
  • Kurt
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the way skills should be, sick and tired last year having people constantly spam body feints and drag backs and fake shots thinking they're good just cos they were overpowered last year. If you're a good skiller you can still succeed but it's just harder ( like the way it should be)
  • Reus
    22440 posts Club Captain
    that was pretty much my feeling after playing the beta

game would be great if dribbling wasnt so meh
  • L1vingl1fe
    Kurt wrote: »
    This is the way skills should be, sick and tired last year having people constantly spam body feints and drag backs and fake shots thinking they're good just cos they were overpowered last year. If you're a good skiller you can still succeed but it's just harder ( like the way it should be)

Like I said above, I agree that its more realistic... but it's less fun and thats why I play the game, for fun. To each their own, not trying to start an argument here...
  • twinsdude5
    1600 posts Play-Off Hero

It's not like those moves are completely ineffective IRL.. A well time body feint by a good dribbler could get past anyone
  • Markyc21
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Skills were OP last year and unrealistic, this year they have it spot on
  • L1vingl1fe
    twinsdude5 wrote: »

It's not like those moves are completely ineffective IRL.. A well time body feint by a good dribbler could get past anyone

Agreed, it doesn't have to go back to being as OP as in 15, but it could be bumped up a bit to at least make attempting it worth while. Otherwise the only way to advance is through a lot of passing, and that's fine, but it just makes every game the same...
  • Markyc21
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why would you add something to the game that hardly ever happens in real life, most skills in game I've never seen in real life being used
  • L1vingl1fe
    because its still a game...
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »

Like I said above, I agree that its more realistic... but it's less fun and thats why I play the game, for fun. To each their own, not trying to start an argument here...

Yeah agreed. It's cool that they want to make the game more realistic but nerfing skills and dribbling just takes a lot of the fun out of the game.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    twinsdude5 wrote: »
    Don't know if i am even going to enjoy this game if they really nerfed skills. That is my escape from pace and sweat
    But they got rid of pace and sweat so now you don't need an escape

• BrentfordFC
    11623 posts Has That Special Something
    dribbling is fine? just press LB to feint and change direction. you can dribble like it was fifa 15
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    dribbling is fine? just press LB to feint and change direction. you can dribble like it was fifa 15

Yeah but then I'd have nothing to complain about would I :trollface:
  • BrentfordFC
    11623 posts Has That Special Something

Yeah but then I'd have nothing to complain about would I :trollface:

Pure bants mert.

but seriously, its funny seeing someone use sweat up top and they get outpaced by a 66 Pace CB :joy:
  • L1vingl1fe

Guess I haven't mastered the off the ball tricks yet... Still would like to see a slight change...
  • FRSM00
    5830 posts Big Money Move
    The right stick is very useful for change of pace. Lb and a flick of the right stick in the other direction at the right time leaves them for dead.
  • L1vingl1fe
    FRSM00 wrote: »
    The right stick is very useful for change of pace. Lb and a flick of the right stick in the other direction at the right time leaves them for dead.

Change of pace? I think you mean change of direction right?

• L1vingl1fe
    Never mind, you're right. Just watched a tutorial on how to use no touch dribbling and now I get it. Takes body feints to the next level...
  • glad skills are not as powerful they are still very op they should reduce it even more

last year was incredibly annoying every game in div 1. playing against neymar and spamming skill moves for the full 90 minutes

skill moves doesn't take skill they are just op and glitched hence most of the top players last year just spammed body faints and fake shots.. what requires skill is possession/ passing play which is also productive when attacking ( not just pointless passing in the back ) hence you barely come up against it

#removeskillmoves
  • L1vingl1fe
    edited September 2015
    glad skills are not as powerful they are still very op they should reduce it even more

last year was incredibly annoying every game in div 1. playing against neymar and spamming skill moves for the full 90 minutes

skill moves doesn't take skill they are just op and glitched hence most of the top players last year just spammed body faints and fake shots.. what requires skill is possession/ passing play which is also productive when attacking ( not just pointless passing in the back ) hence you barely come up against it

#removeskillmoves

borrrrinnnnggggg....

saying that effectively skilling doesn't take any skill is pretty funny. For this super hard of skill of passing that you praise so much, you turn towards the player you want to pass it to and press A... not that hard. Like I said earlier, what makes the game fun is coming up against different types of opponents. I like that diversity.

It doesn't matter though, after watching tutorials on how off the ball dribbling works, its going to **** off way more people than body feints ever did... To do them most effectively you do it while holding down the sprint button... nothing like full speed direction changes to make people hate the game... haha

• Legends.1878
    3646 posts National Call-Up
    glad skills are not as powerful they are still very op they should reduce it even more

#removeskillmoves

Do you genuinely believe skilling doesn't require skill? Pathetic statement
  • glad skills are not as powerful they are still very op they should reduce it even more

#removeskillmoves

it doesn't hence everyone used to abuse it for easy wins yet they fail to put 3 passes together
  • L1vingl1fe

#removeskillmoves

it doesn't hence everyone used to abuse it for easy wins yet they fail to put 3 passes together

lol. teach us more oh great fifa God...
  • Legends.1878

#removeskillmoves

So if it doesn't require skill then what is it? Luck? :lol: people on here talk some crap sometimes man

#removeskillmoves

So if it doesn't require skill then what is it? Luck? :lol: people on here talk some crap sometimes man
    if you look at it that way even walking in real life requires skill

• Legends.1878

#removeskillmoves

Effective skilling requires skill, do you skill a lot great fifa God?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20410 posts Club Captain
    Shouldn't be able to take on a whole team skilling, even if I love it. You can still dribble well enough to create great goals IMO.
  • Gods Gift To Fifa
    14 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015

#removeskillmoves

Effective skilling requires skill, do you skill a lot great fifa God?

well this year it kinda does last year it was very easy to be effective with skill moves so no it didn't require skill

i did skill when i was pretty new but im not 15 anymore so barely