Trial expired?!

Ofthewelsh
3568 posts National Call-Up
Good people of the forum,
I have a quick query. It seems my trial has expired whilst I wasn't playing. Now, I'm new to the xbox one, so bear with me. Should I have shut the game down some way before navigating away from it? It would be handy to know to make sure I don't find myself in the same position again!
I'm not having a moan, I'm just after some advice please..
Cheers y'all

Comments

• CornishLad
    24530 posts Club Captain
    Yeah if you turn your Xbox off you should quit the game first
  • Chubbs
    14633 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes. Games run in the background even if you go to your friends list or play on the dashboard. You have to go to the dashboard and hit the (old start button, cant remember what its called now) and select quit to fully exit the game.
  • BestInTheWorld
    1642 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes you're supposed to shut the game down completely otherwise the timer carries on ticking
  • Ofthewelsh
    Ah.. That'll be it! Cheers guys. I'm now stuck with a shiny new xbox one with nothing to play! Well, except for plants vs zombies.. My son downloaded, and no, I'll never stoop so low.
  • lobuhh
    2100 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2015
    I think you should have shut the console off completely

I meant the game
  • Chubbs
    14633 posts Has That Special Something
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »
    Ah.. That'll be it! Cheers guys. I'm now stuck with a shiny new xbox one with nothing to play! Well, except for plants vs zombies.. My son downloaded, and no, I'll never stoop so low.

EA Access has several games you can download and play at no extra cost. Might be more now but just grabbed a picture to show @Ofthewelsh

ea-access-list-of-games-for-2015.jpg
  • Ofthewelsh
    Cheers @Chubbs I'm on the case, but it's taking an age to download anything at the moment. Might have to give up and call it a night.. I'll give my fifa15 team a run out on xbox one tomorrow. I'm hoping that the gameplay isn't that different from xbox360, or it might just confuse me enough to cause a full on melt down..

Appreciate the heads up though.
  • Hibee
    12412 posts Has That Special Something
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

Xbox gold has Tomb Raider for free at the moment. Also, as has been said, there are decent free games on EA Access.