Fifa Points are now even more expensive

Amir
783 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited September 2015
In fifa 15 on PS4, 12K fifa points is priced at 99.99$ Canadian dollar. however, on Fifa 16 on xbox with early access, 12K fifa points is 112$. Keep in mind with early access you're getting 10% off of fifa points so the regular price for 12K fifa points in Fifa 16 is now 124.99$ Canadian dollar. I know that Canadian dollar has dropped in value a bit but it is not fair to increase the price just because of that! What's funny is that the studio that makes the game is literally 30min away from my place and they do this us.

Comments

• Ravz9
    25767 posts Player of the Year
    You should go to hq and riot imo
    nah but seriously that's completely unfair that they did that
  • Dog
    3208 posts National Call-Up
    how is that not fair? Pretty sure it's still cheaper than it is in US if you convert it.
  • Amir
    Dog wrote: »
    how is that not fair? Pretty sure it's still cheaper than it is in US if you convert it.

it is now 25% more expensive. My wages or anyone else's wages hasn't been raised because of the drop in value of Canadian dollar. And you shouldn't be converting it to US dollar. It is just unfair that they did this.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    Amir wrote: »
    it is now 25% more expensive. My wages or anyone else's wages hasn't been raised because of the drop in value of Canadian dollar. And you shouldn't be converting it to US dollar. It is just unfair that they did this.

We understand that you're making the same wages as before, but the value of your money is not the same as it was last year. You shouldn't pay the same number every year if your currency changes in value.

Canadians are actually getting a cheaper deal than other countries:

50Apbu1.png

For example, 12k FP cost $112.49 (Canadian dollars) in the EA store. The same package goes for $89.99 USD.
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    Consider yourself lucky. I have to pay $112 USD for every 12k FP.
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm more disappointed that you got 20% off with season pass and only 10% with ea access.
  • Is the point of this that you think EA shouldnt charge Canada the same as the rest of the world just because there currency is doing bad?

• Amir

We understand that you're making the same wages as before, but the value of your money is not the same as it was last year. You shouldn't pay the same number every year if your currency changes in value.

50Apbu1.png

For example, 12k FP cost $112.49 (Canadian dollars) in the EA store. The same package goes for $89.99 USD.

that's true when you convert it, but what I'm saying is that compared to last year I'm paying more.
  • st4sh0ut
    831 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Good.

I'm actually glad that the chances of pulling high rated players are extremely low and also the cost of FP are rising.

I'm getting tired of playing full TOTS teams and teams filled with Ronaldo and Messi. FIFA 15 was quite a joke because of this.

Try actually playing a game and building a team up.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something

50Apbu1.png

that's true when you convert it, but what I'm saying is that compared to last year I'm paying more.

You're paying a higher quantity of total Canadian dollars, but you're not really paying "more". $99.99 Canadian dollars in 2014 is worth more than $99.99 Canadian dollars in 2015.

If the value of the Canadian dollar decreases globally, is it fair for Canada to maintain a cheaper rate than every other country? No, of course not. Since all countries are sharing one FUT market, we should all pay for FP in an amount consistent with our currency's worth.
  • Amir

50Apbu1.png

You're paying a higher quantity of total Canadian dollars, but you're not really paying "more". $99.99 Canadian dollars in 2014 is worth more than $99.99 Canadian dollars in 2015.

If the value of the Canadian dollar decreases globally, is it fair for Canada to maintain a cheaper rate than every other country? No, of course not. Since all countries are sharing one FUT market, we should all pay for FP in an amount consistent with our currency's worth.
    fair enough.