The Great IF-Trading Thread (Credits to SuperDan and JB)

Tue69
1177 posts Professional
edited September 2015
With the new and wide price-ranges, there should be plenty of opportunities in IF-Trading.

Guidelines

The method works by a large amount of cards being placed on the market at an inflated price. It relies on lazy buyers who use the console (not proven) who do not take the time to search for the lowest price on players. They search the market and see all the players up at a set price and buy a player, thinking that must be his going rate. There are plenty of theories on why this works, but that's the one i'm going with! Remember, prices are guidelines, we don't want to be a part of a price-fixing scheme! 

- Please do not argue with each other! The thread will be locked if this occurs. 

- Remember that undercutting will be your loss in the end.

- Buy times will be discussed in the thread i'm sure. I propose a buy within a percentage of the lowest range. Something like, do not buy cards unless they are within 5% of their MIN.

- Stick to 8-10 cards. No more no less. Do not put all your eggs in one basket where possible incase there is an unexpected crash or complication with a player. He get's a SIF etc... 

- When you sell a card, replace it with another where possible. Remember to post a picture of your profit. It keeps morale high. This keeps others up to date on sale prices and also helps others who may not have had a sale yet.

- As stated, this relies on a modicum of luck. This is not a quick flip method for making coins and does require some patience/faith. So do not start this method if you cannot spare the coins. Sales may come in the first hour, they may require a few days. This is not an exact science but it does work. Prices tend to rise because the number of a single IF-card on the market will decrease over time. Don't expect your IF cards to sell, if they are still in packs.

- Chem Cards and Position changes are not required but MAY help with a sale. I would also advise to buy fresh cards for attacking players but it is NOT necessary. 

- Buying too high will reduce the profit margins and make discard-buys more difficult.

- Above all, respect one another. 

- This method is great if you give it some time. It's not a quick-flip method!

If you came in here because you badly need the coins and want a quick profit, this is not for you.
Post edited by Tue69 on

Comments

• Gstitt10
    1056 posts Professional
    Yeah I'm in. Have very little so far but once I get some coins when game is released il join
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    If there's interest, I will just make this the official Discard-IF Trading Thread. Right now, there isn't a lot of coins on the market, so TOTW1 is not an option. But if anyone has the coins, Naismith can be bought around discard prices if you're lucky. As a BPL IF from TOTW1 he should be fairly easy to flip.
  • SAMIUL1995
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'll join in later on when I have around 200k. Right now just waiting for the game to buy packs, trade with more coins and invest in some beasts and hunter cards :)
  • nineteeeen
    4351 posts National Call-Up
    I´m in :)
  • Count me in.
  • Bob1432
    1313 posts Professional
    I'm in when i can get my web app working
  • Monee121
    47 posts Park Captain
    In
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    Great. I'll copy the "rules" from last years thread in the first post of this thread.
  • Monee121
    47 posts Park Captain
    IF O'Brien? Cheap Bronze, First Week In-Form And Irish (St Paddys Cup)
  • SAMIUL1995
    783 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Monee121 wrote: »

way too early
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    SAMIUL1995 wrote: »

way too early

Agreed. Read the guidelines from post 1.

But if you can buy him at discard price, then go ahead. I kinda doubt that though.
  • Joe
    4586 posts National Call-Up
    Made a ton off it last year. I will be in when I have some money to play with!
  • Monee121
    47 posts Park Captain
    Tue69 wrote: »
    SAMIUL1995 wrote: »

way too early

Agreed. Read the guidelines from post 1.

But if you can buy him at discard price, then go ahead. I kinda doubt that though.

What is the discard price for IF Bronze?
  • BrieMine
    5703 posts Big Money Move

No ones gona want that Bronze in form go for GOLD informs like Mendy Payet, Naismith
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    Agree with BrieMine. O'Brien will rise when St. Paddys arrive, but why invest in something where the profit will come in half a years time?
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    Mamaev (Russian CM with 81 pace) is already being traded at <9,9k bins. So it is possible to jump the discard-IF wagon already.

Personally I would wait for Naismith though.
  • woh
  • Azablucky
    4192 posts National Call-Up
    Am back in this. Won't be as successful as previous years due to less inflation and that but will still work. I will start this as soon as I have 150k which will probably be around the 3rd/4th day of the game coming out.
  • Gozar
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    How is this not price fixing? I understand that you won't be able to buy all of the cards, but in certain cases you will be able to buy a lot. You will inflate the price which will probably encourage others who are not part of your little club to sell their cards for more. You are conspiring to alter the average market price for cards. Technically, this might not constitute price fixing. However it's definitely lame. Good luck.
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    edited September 2015
    Gozar wrote: »
    How is this not price fixing? I understand that you won't be able to buy all of the cards, but in certain cases you will be able to buy a lot. You will inflate the price which will probably encourage others who are not part of your little club to sell their cards for more. You are conspiring to alter the average market price for cards. Technically, this might not constitute price fixing. However it's definitely lame. Good luck.

Last year, even though a lot of people were in to this, the amount of cards on the market were much, much higher than of what people who used this method.

And since you ONLY buy at discard price levels and sell for a decent 40-50 percent'ish profit, there will be a huge playing field between those prices. There will ALLWAYS be cards between discard and the aimed profit-level.

As you can read, I really don't agree with your statement.
  • Wrighty_boii
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    This won't be as successful as last year because of the new filter "special" under quality as this should eliminate a lot of lazy buyers as they will easily be able to search for the cheapest bin. Also with many coin sellers now gone the value of coins has increased so many people will be a lot more careful. I do think it'll still work so I am in
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    This won't be as successful as last year because of the new filter "special" under quality as this should eliminate a lot of lazy buyers as they will easily be able to search for the cheapest bin. Also with many coin sellers now gone the value of coins has increased so many people will be a lot more careful. I do think it'll still work so I am in

It probably won't give you the crazy profits we saw last year (which was also ridiculous to be honest), but since the prices of IF cards increase over time, it will still be okay to use, even though some cards might be more like an investment.

But yeah, last year was crazy. Remember players like Jagielka cross the 200k mark from a start investment sum of 15-16k per card.
  • I'm definitely in on this. I made over 12 mill off this last year up until half way through feb. although this was helped massively by the ridiculous inflation but it helped me keep ahead of the curve :)

and here's a link if anyone wants an easy spreadsheet to keep track of profits
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bj_Bo9P675QdZd8iWfvF9oJkGP8laL4qBVqRpyA2OV4/edit?usp=sharing
  • Gozar
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tue69 wrote: »
    Gozar wrote: »

Last year, even though a lot of people were in to this, the amount of cards on the market were much, much higher than of what people who used this method.

And since you ONLY buy at discard price levels and sell for a decent 40-50 percent'ish profit, there will be a huge playing field between those prices. There will ALLWAYS be cards between discard and the aimed profit-level.

As you can read, I really don't agree with your statement.

I hope you're right
  • Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    The only "X-factor" in this are the price ranges. This is why the method is discard-trading. When trading discards, the risc is near 0.
  • Solidus Lee
    16 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Count me in!
  • Crowie
    1371 posts Professional
    Good OP and will be looking to get involved on some IF once rack up a few coins.

A couple of points I would (re)emphasise based on doing it the last couple of years and on back of 50m+ profit last year....

1. It is definitely based on luck and lazy buyers snapping up the first IF they come across, irrespective of price. Countless times I have seen people ask "How is my IF not selling at 15k and yours are at 18k". Well just because your one is cheaper doesn't mean it's the cheapest, it won't be if you are selling a discard IF at 5k above discard. All that happened is that the lazy buyer and 18k sellers card happened to cross paths and your 15k one didn't ie LUCK. It's not a formula and it's not anything you can influence, it just happens but happens it does.

2. It's not a quick flip method. Don't expect to list up 10 cards and sell one every cycle. You can go a day without selling. Likewise you can hit 4 or 5 sales in 1 cycle. Again it's luck. But have patience and it will work. Again I have seen countless posts saying "My 3 Naismiths just aren't selling, have listed them twice now, this doesn't work, gonna cut my losses".

Two things I would slightly dispute with OPs other wise excellent post.

1. I wouldn't rigidly stick to not buying until Tues/Wed. If the price is good enough and you can get enough then you can still makes sales. I bought plenty of IFs Thursday and Friday last year and the prices were lower than Monday/Tuesday. Maybe that was just last years market but buying early didn't cause me problems.

2. It's definitely not price fixing and, IMO, you set whatever price you want to make the level of profit you are comfortable and happy with. We, as a group, are too small a part of the whole FIFA market to have any impact on how an IFs price moves, up or down. It would take 100+ people, each with a decent level of cards held, to be able to impact a market on gold IFs. There is no such thing as undercutting on this method, again because of the luck factor of it.

Finally one last tip - list as often as you can. I can't stress that enough. The more times your cards are on the market the more chances of sales. You should be aiming for 10 or more re-lists a day if possible. I made some of my best IF sales early (8-10am UK time) weekend mornings when the kids are up, off school and wanting the latest IF ASAP.

• Tue69
    1177 posts Professional
    Agreed Crowie. And yeah I do agree, that if the prices are low enough or perhaps already discard at friday, there's no reason to wait until monday/tuesday. The market changes from week to week, and sometimes a Happy Hour can make prices plummit fast, which is an amazing investment opportunity.

And yes, this is certainly luck-based. Patience, luck and a good bankroll are the three key-elements in this method.
  • MEdlin
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In once i have enough coins.
  • Axman UTD
    1360 posts Professional
    Tue was a great leader in this thread last year and I'm glad you're the OP on this for 16.

For anyone doubting the method, I think this is where we're supposed to do our bragging... I hit close to 70 million transfer profit last year up to when caps came in, and it was all from this method.