Back to the Future - Watford | Did We Survive?

IAmLikingFlame
3875 posts National Call-Up
edited January 2016
logo.png

Welcome, one and all to... THE FUTURE! FUTURE FUTURE

For this career mode, I have taken FM15 (I am using FM15 because FM16 isn't out yet. I have been able to switch careers to future games in the past, so I expect to be able to again when FM16 comes out) and simmed it all the way to the beginning of the 2049-50 season, and I will be starting the career mode from there. There are definitely some shocks that have-will-have-happened-will-happen(?), but there are many teams that stay in very similar positions to where they currently are. I will recap the future-past for you before I introduce you to my team so that you aren't totally lost in the past. (Present? Since I'm writing this before you can read this, is it still the future?) I'm going to stop talking now because I'm bad at intros, and we can can just get the ball rolling. (Rollinged?)
Player Sponsoring
2049-2050 Final Player Sponsoring
Ahmer50x - Nigel Marsh - 7397,5 pts (+/-0)
LaMertesackerRun - Mike Jonas - 6134 pts (+84,5)
dannyboy - Sékou Konan - 5474 pts (+270)
Chris - Conor Farrell - 4792,5 pts (+94,5)
Wyojasond - Marko Deak - 4138,5 pts (+92)
Ashy - Yacine Paul - 3598,5 pts (+138)
R2GFifa - Manuel Stephan - 3499 pts (+84,5)
IRobert - *No Player Selected* - 742 pts (+/-0)
jom920 - *No Player Selected* - 354,5 pts (+/-0)

Current Season

Sponsored Players

Ashy - Yacine Paul
Chris - Conor Farrell
Ezio_Auditore - Néstor Duque
LaMertesackerRun - Mike Jonas
R2GFifa - Nigel Marsh
Wyojasond - Charles Henry

Unsponsored Players
Darren Lawrence
Dimitar Drumev
Gary Brown
Geraldinho
Isaac De Dios
Julien Thomas
Lukas Mertens
Mario Pavone
Marko Deak
Miloslav Janda
Niko Tasso
Róbson
Roland Braho
Slobodan Knezevic
Zan Cesar
Hall of Fame
Platinum
None

Gold
None

Silver
Sékou Konan (2048-2050)

Bronze
Marko Deak (2049-2050)
Michel Lesage (2049-2050)
HeD2OqY.png
Post edited by IAmLikingFlame on

Comments

• IAmLikingFlame
    edited September 2015
    THE RICH LIST
    20. AC Milan
    It took quite a while for Milan to experience the kind of success that puts you onto this list, as they didn't win the Serie A until 2025-6 and weren't able to expand on that until a full thirteen years later, but they have recently started to dominate the Italian game, and have placed in the top 3 for each of the last 11 years. In 2045, they were even able to win their first Champions' League in the last 38 years, and followed that up by making the final the next year as well, although they were topped by AS Monaco in the final.

19. Espanyol
    Espanyol made this list in an entirely different way than Milan. They've never made it out of the group stage of the Champions' League, they've never appeared in a Europa League final, they haven't even won La Liga. Espanyol has made it's fortune and reputation based almost entirely on it's youth setup, and the sales of players that cost them nothing. One of such players is former European Golden Boy Marc Aznar, who has transfer offers of upwards of €50 million for his services from Newcastle and PSG. I should also mention, though, that they have placed third in La Liga for three straight years now.

18. Manchester City
    City has floundered a bit in recent years, the lowest point being missing out on European play for three consecutive years from 2040-2042, including a 12th place finish in 2041, but they had quite a run. They managed to take back their title from Chelsea in 2016, and after a few lackluster campaigns, were able to win the Premiership nine times in a twelve year stretch from 2023-4 to 2034-5. In 2032, they were able to claim their first Champions' League title, as well as their only Club World Championship to date. This year, they are going to try to bounce back from a sixth place finish in 2049.

17. München Lions
    Bayern's little brother, no more. Die Löwen first returned to the Bundesliga in 2022, in which they were immediately relegated, but they made it back up a few years later in 2027. In 2038, they qualified for their first ever Champions' League, although they didn't win a game in it and haven't been back since. They made their reputation, for the most part, the same way in which Espanyol did, but they have also benefited from the fact that their team is good enough to have just qualified for their seventh straight Europa League.

16. Metalist Kharkiv

An oddity in the rich list, Metalist finds itself the only representative from a non-'big' league. They had always been one of those teams that almost had the ability to win the league, but Korean business tycoon Chang Hung-I bought the club in 2039 and invested hundreds of millions into them, immediately changing them from a 3rd-or-4th place team into one that wins the title year-in, year-out. They have qualified for Europe 21 out of the last 23 years, and every year since he took over. They have also won the Прем'єр-ліга the last 4 years. As another testament to their ability to buy foreign talent, this team based in the second biggest city in Ukraine has 8 Brazilians, compared to their 9 Ukrainians on the team.

15. AS Monaco
    Monaco has only picked up the occasional Ligue 1 title, winning in 2019, 2026, 2046, and 2047, but they have qualified for European play in literally every season since their promotion from the Ligue 2 back in 2014. They won their first Champions' League, their first Club World Championship, and their first two Europa League titles, and, in 2045, had an American tycoon named James Gray took over, and they have spent over €100 million in four of the five transfer windows since.

14. Aston Villa
    A 2015-6 4th place finish was definitely a surprise, and they didn't make the Champions' League again until another fourth place finish in 2026-7. The Villains had a good solid period in the 20s in which they qualified for the Europa League eight separate times, won two FA Cups, and won three Capital One Cups, but, after their final Capital One Cup, they suffered a bad stretch in which they only made the Europa League 5 out of 15 seasons and compiled no silverware. Then came the 2044-5 season. They only had made two major signings that summer, and one of them would only play ten games for Villa that season, but they somehow managed to jump from fifth the previous year to winning the Premiership and the Europa League that year. They have not won any silverware in the four years since.

13. FC Barcelona
    Firstly, I would like to acknowledge something kind of cool. Eden Hazard is their manager. (He also formerly managed the England team!) They did have quite a slump (for Barcelona, at least) at one point, though, racking up only two La Liga titles from 2015-6 all the way to 2033-4, before finally getting back on pace. And get back on pace they did. They have not placed lower than 2nd in La Liga in the last 13 years, and there's no sign that run is going to stop soon. They have also won the Champions' League four times and Europa League once.

12. Stade Rennais FC
    Rennais surprisingly had a very good start to the simulation, but it tailed off within half a decade and they found themselves in the bottom half of the table often in the 20s and early 30s. In 2032-3, they did end up getting relegated, and for nearly a decade, they bounced back and forth between Ligue 1 and Ligue 2, but a rich Japanese chairman took them over and got them from Ligue 2 to Champions' League in three years, and they have only missed the CL once in the five years since. And that one year that they only qualified for the Europa League? They won it.

11. Manchester United
    Now there's a name I bet you didn't expect to see before reaching the top ten! It took United a while to bounce back from the Moyes era, and by a while, I mean that it took them a whole long grueling three seasons. Kidding aside, they have never truly recovered, and this year's title marked the first time since Fergie's retirement that United have won two consecutive Premier League titles. They managed to win the Champions' League in 2021 and 2043, and I expect them to return to the CL final soon, as they just won the U-19 Champions' League.

10. Juventus
    Juve won the Serie A in 2016... and 2017... and 2018... and 2019... and 2020... and 2021 before they final fell from their perch at the top of the Italian totem pole. they kept up the high finish until a dramatic fall from first down all the way to eleventh in 2040-1. They quickly recovered though, and have not missed out on European play since. They have not, though, won either major European competition since 2028.

9. Arsenal
    A lack of recent European success is no bother for Arsenal, who has only missed out on the competition once in the last 55 years, but also hasn't won anything in Europe since their 1994 European Cup Winners Cup. Javier Pascual (8 World Golden Balls, 11 Premier League Player of the Years, 7 Best Player in Europes, 8 World Player of the Years, 2 Champions' League Best Players, a World Cup, and 332 goals in an Arsenal kit) helped them to dominate in the new Wenger Arena during the 30s and 40s, but, having retired in 2045, they have failed to thus far win a trophy without him.

8. VfB Stuttgart
    I'll start with the damning: they haven't won anything. But they are the second best team in every competition they ever enter. Within the last 7 years, they have placed second in the Bundesliga 5 times and third 7 times. They were runners-up in the 2041 Champions' League. They were runners-up in the 2030, 2034, 2047, and 2049 Europa Leagues. But, no trophies. Not since their 2007 Bundesliga title 42 years ago. Their youth setup has been fantastic though, and they currently have an 18 year old in their first team, already valued at €8M.

7. LOSC Lille
    The reigning French champs, LOSC Lille has qualified for the Champions' League for eighteen straight years, and the year before that streak started, won the Europa League. They haven't won the league as much as they may want, normally finishing in 2nd or 3rd, but having won the last two Ligue 1 titles and having a squad with the average age of 24, things are definitely looking on the up-and-up for Les Dogues.

6. FC Schalke 04
    Schalke is one of those teams right now where they win the league once every five years or so, with no real reason why they can't build off that, but they seem to just not be able to. Take a look at the dispersement of their Bundesliga titles: 2017, 2023, 2028, 2030, 2038, and 2049. You can see that recently they haven't been doing quite as well (although they are they reigning Bundesliga champions), and that's because they had, unequivocally, the best team in the world during th 20s and early 30s. Yet they never won back-to-back titles, and they never even reached the Champion's League final.

5. FC Köln
    Here's the road that Köln took to find its success: First, low mid-table finishes. Then, relegation. After that, promotion, followed by eine Scheißlöde* of low mid-table finishes, again. Then they had a few seasons of high mid-table finishes, followed by a series of low mid-table finishes again. After that they flipped back and forth between CL and EL qualification. Then, BOOM! The best season ever by quit possibly any team. They easily won the Bundesliga, won the Champions' League final, won the German SuperCup, and placed second in both the Club World Championship and the German Cup. Last year, though, they couldn't follow up on it and won exactly what they had won from the 62 previous years. Nothing.

*Note: I do know that eine Scheißlöde is not a thing.

4. Real Madrid
    Here are the years that Real won La Liga: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2041, 2044, 2045, 2049. Here are the years that they won at least one of the two major Spanish Cups: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2029, 2030, 2032, 2035, 2041, 2042, 2044, 2046, 2048. Yeah, they've dominated Spain. End of story.

3. Paris Saint-Germain
    But Real Madrid's winning in Spain is nothing compared to PSG's domination in France through the 10s... and the 20s... and the 30s. Between the years of 2015-6 and 2040-1, Le PSG won the Ligue 1 twenty times out of those 25 years. Their reputation is so strong that, even now, 4 years after their last Ligue 1 title, the team's combined value is €583 205 750. That's pretty good, even for a team that won the Champions' League 5 times over a fifteen year period recently.

2. Newcastle United
    Newcastle, in 2036, won their first Premier League title in over 100 years, and they kept at it after that.In 2030, they appointed an Argentinian manager, who started a tradition that they have kpt up since he left of stealing young South American and Spanish players from other teams and develop them into superstars. So far, that plan has worked like a charm, and they won the title again in 2040-1, 2042-3, 2043-4, and 2046-7, as well as winning the Europa League twice, and having three of their best players start for the 2046 Spain team that made the semifinals. They also had seasons that they would have won the league but had points deducted in 2039 and 2045, causing them to fall from 1st to 3rd both times.

1. Bayern München
    Okay, so maybe München Lions are still Bayern's little brother, but only because everyone else is too. Last time they finished outside the top 3? 1995. Sure, they may have been overtaken by, first Köln, then Schalke, but Bayern finished below the winner only on goal difference both times. From 2030-1 to 2046-7, they won the Bundesliga all but one time, and won the Champions' League in 2016, 2034, 2038, 2039, 2044, and 2047.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    edited September 2015
    World Cup Recap

The 2018 World Cup in Russia started out mostly as expected; the only real shock from the group stages was Israel qualifying over England. In the Second Round, we were given a treat in seeing France lose 4-0 to Ivory Coast, as well as Brazil getting knocked out (although it was to Germany, so you can't be too surprised). The biggest shock was probably Germany's defeat in the quarter finals to Denmark. In the final, Lionel Messi was finally able to win the World Cup after a goal from Aguero and a goal from Messi.

Winner: Argentina
    Runner-up: Spain
    Semi-finalists: Denmark and Belgium
    Due to some weird groups (for example, Group A was Paraguay, Ireland, New Zealand, and Qatar), we got to see Paraguay, Ireland, Bulgaria, Jamaica, and DR Congo qualify, while Colombia, France, Mexico, and Holland all were knocked out in the group stages. Bulgaria even managed to win in the Second Round against Belgium, which meant Argentina was the only one of the quarter-finalists from 2018 still in the competition (Denmark failed to qualify and Spain was knocked out by Germany in the second round). There weren't really any major shocks late in the competition, but England did beat Argentina, so that stands for something.

Winner: Italy
    Runner-up: England
    Semi-finalists: Argentina and Germany
    By this point, most of the players you know and love (Messi, Aguero, Ronaldo, Neymar) have retired, so the Morocco World Cup was expected too have more shocks than ever. But... there weren't. The big shock was probably the fact that Holland didn't even qualify. The group stage had nothing really, it went just as expected. England actually managed to win a game on penalties in the second round, and Tunisia was the most surprising quarter-finalist. In said quarter-final, the Czech Republic managed to pull off an upset over Spain, though they followed that up with a 5-0 loss to eventual champions Brazil. The Czech did, though, win the Third Place match over England. Before you ask, yes, it was on penalties.

Winner: Brazil
    Runner-up: Argentina
    Semi-finalists: Czech Republic and England
    By 2030, there's only one *real* player left in the competition (Odegaard). Holland qualified, but they, along with U.S.A., Uruguay, and Denmark, did not make it past the group stages. Egypt made it through, though, as well as the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Saudi Arabia. The second round knocked out pretty much everyone, though. Spain knocked out Brazil, the Czechs beat France, DR Congo beat England (again, yes, it was in penalties), Mexico eliminated Colombia, Egypt beat Italy, and Belgium beat Germany. That list of upsets I just listed off was all but two of the matches from that round! Of course, with no good teams left, the hosts Spain destroyed the rest of the competition, winning each game by at least two goals.

Winner: Spain
    Runner-up: Mexico
    Semi-finalists: Belgium and Czech Republic
    I have to say, I wasn't just shocked by the Australia World Cup, I was stupified! There was a fairly quiet group stage this time, with the biggest surprise probably just being the fact that Scotland actually made the WC. In the second round, Brazil again managed to come up short, losing to Russia. When England was drawn against Germany, they lost all hope. And they were right. (At least this time it wasn't in penalties.) Hey, look Holland made the quarter-finals! Aaaaaand... 5-0 loss to Russia. You may think that Russia making the semi-finals is the craziest thing you'll see from this World Cup, but...

Winner: Russia...?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Runner-up: Portugal
    Semi-finalists: Argentina and Germany
    Wait... where's Russia? Yes folks, it seems like Russia managed to defend their title by... failing to qualify for the World Cup. Great. Just great. We saw Portugal, Italy, and Holland (again?!) fail to make it out of the group round, which had Bulgaria, New Zealand, Jamaica, Croatia, and Japan qualify. No big shocks in the second round, but Bulgaria topped France in the quarter-finals. Hey, England made the semis! Oh... wait, we drew Germany. Never mind. See you in four years everyone!

Winner: Germany
    Runner-up: Spain
    Semi-finalists: Bulgaria and England (Yes, Bulgaria beat England in the third place game. )
    Eden Hazard is the England manager this year... we lost in the group stages. Now I need to correct my first sentence. Eden Hazard was the England manager this year. That was the only thing that really happened in the group stages, but, in the infamous second round, the teams that were eliminated included Portugal (to the Czechs), defending champs Germany (to Spain), Italy (to Chile), Brazil (to Ukraine), and Uruguay (to Croatia). The Czechs and Ukraine kept winning, but France and Barcelona striker James Bashiru was too much for them both.

Winner: France
    Runner-up: Ukraine
    Semi-finalists: Spain and Czech Republic
    Neither France nor Ukraine qualified for the WC this year. Okay, then. Ivory Coast, Uruguay, and Chile (not the biggest shocks I know, but I need to write about something.) failed to get past the group stage, while Peru, Poland, Israel, and Japan all did. Not really any major shocks throughout the whole tournament, so I'll just skip to the end.

Winner: England! 0329.png
    Runner-up: Argentina
    Semi-finalists: Spain and Serbia

This happens after the end of next season, so there are no results yet. In the meanwhile, I will provide you with the list of teams who have already qualified by alphabetical order.

U.S.A (Hosts)

Pretty short list, huh?
  • IAmLikingFlame
    edited September 2015
    Barclays Premier League Overview

*Note: For the league overviews, I will not write out what happened, because I don't feel like writing out 170 paragraphs.
    2015-6
    PL Table

Man City
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Aston Villa
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Everton
    Watford
    West Ham
    Crystal Palace
    West Brom
    Leicester
    Tottenham
    Bournemouth
    Stoke
    Swansea
    Sunderland
    Norwich

Promoted from Championship to PL

Cardiff
    Fulham
    Blackburn

2016-7
    PL Table

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Man United
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Tottenham
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa
    Everton
    Stoke
    Crystal Palace
    Cardiff
    West Ham
    Bournemouth
    West Brom
    Fulham
    Blackburn
    Watford
    Leicester

Derby
    Burnley
    Q.P.R.

2017-8
    PL Table

Man United
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Tottenham
    West Ham
    Everton
    Derby
    Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Crystal Palace
    Aston Villa
    Southampton
    Q.P.R.
    Stoke
    Burnley
    Bournemouth
    West Brom
    Cardiff
    Fulham

Reading
    Norwich
    Blackburn

2018-9
    PL Table

Liverpool
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Everton
    Norwich
    Derby
    Tottenham
    Newcastle
    Blackburn
    Bournemouth
    Q.P.R
    Burnley
    Stoke
    Aston Villa
    Southampton
    West Ham
    Reading
    Crystal Palace

Hull
    Fulham
    Watford

2019-20
    PL Table

Man City
    Chelsea
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    Watford
    Hull
    Aston Villa
    Newcastle
    Blackburn
    Derby
    Southampton
    Burnley
    Everton
    Tottenham
    Q.P.R.
    Norwich
    Fulham
    Bournemoutth
    Stoke

Leeds
    Reading
    West Ham

2020-1
    PL Table

Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Man United
    Watford
    Arsenal
    Man City
    Aston Villa
    Hull
    Tottenham
    Newcastle
    Southampton
    Derby
    Q.P.R.
    Everton
    Blackburn
    Norwich
    West Ham
    Reading
    Leeds
    Burnley

Stoke
    Fulham
    Bournemouth

2021-2
    PL Table

Man United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Aston Villa
    Southampton
    Newcastle
    Watford
    Derby
    Everton
    Tottenham
    Hull
    Blackburn
    Norwich
    Q.P.R.
    Bournemouth
    West Ham
    Stoke
    Fulham

Cardiff
    Reading
    Doncaster

2022-3
    PL Table

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Norwich
    Man City
    Tottenham
    Everton
    Blackburn
    Southampton
    Hull
    Derby
    Watford
    Aston Villa
    Q.P.R.
    Reading
    Bournemouth
    Reading
    Doncaster

Huddersfield
    Stoke
    Burnley

2023-4
    PL Table

Man City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Man United
    Everton
    Blackburn
    Aston Villa
    Burnley
    Newcastle
    Hull
    Watford
    Norwich
    Southampton
    Reading
    Stoke
    Tottenham
    Derby
    Huddersfield
    Q.P.R

Cardiff
    West Ham
    Leeds

2024-5
    PL Table

Man City
    Chelsea
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa
    Cardiff
    Reading
    Hull
    Tottenham
    Southampton
    Burnley
    Newcastle
    Leeds
    Norwich
    Stoke
    Everton
    Watford
    Blackburn
    West Ham

Carlisle
    Q.P.R.
    Nott'm Forest

2025-6
    PL Table

Arsenal
    Man United
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Norwich
    Chelsea
    Hull
    Everton
    Burnley
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Reading
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Q.P.R.
    Aston Villa
    Tottenham
    Southampton
    Nott'm Forest
    Carlisle

Blackburn
    West Ham
    Huddersfield

2026-7
    PL Table

Man City
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Aston Villa
    Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    West Ham
    Everton
    Burnley
    Tottenham
    Chelsea
    Blackburn
    Cardiff
    Leeds
    Norwich
    Reading
    Hull
    Q.P.R.
    Huddersfield

Watford
    Southampton
    Derby

2027-8
    PL Table

Man United
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Chelsea
    West Ham
    Cardiff
    Reading
    Aston Villa
    Stoke
    Newcastle
    Southampton
    Watford
    Burnley
    Leeds
    Tottenham
    Blackburn
    Norwich
    Derby

Hull
    Huddersfield
    Rotherham

2028-9
    PL Table

Man City
    Man United
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    West Ham
    Aston Villa
    Cardiff
    Tottenham
    Everton
    Liverpool
    Reading
    Stoke
    Hull
    Leeds
    Newcastle
    Huddersfield
    Watford
    Southampton
    Rotherham
    Burnley

Norwich
    Q.P.R.
    Nott'm Forest

2029-30
    PL Table

Man City
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Tottenham
    West Ham
    Aston Villa
    Cardiff
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Reading
    Everton
    Newcastle
    Huddersfield
    Norwich
    Nott'm Forest
    Watford
    Q.P.R.
    Leeds
    Hull

Carlisle
    Derby
    Blackburn

2030-1
    PL Table

Arsenal
    Man City
    Man United
    Chelsea
    Newcastle
    Aston Villa
    Reading
    Everton
    West Ham
    Tottenham
    Blackburn
    Norwich
    Carlisle
    Huddersfield
    Cardiff
    Nott'm Forest
    Liverpool
    Watford
    Stoke
    Derby

Q.P.R.
    Sheff Wed
    Leeds

2031-2
    PL Table

Man City
    Newcastle
    Reading
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Aston Villa
    Carlisle
    Nott'm Forest
    Blackburn
    West Ham
    Tottenham
    Leeds
    Everton
    Norwich
    Liverpool
    Huddersfield
    Cardiff
    Q.P.R.
    Sheff Wed

Rotherham
    Stoke
    Sunderland

2032-3
    PL Table

Man City
    Arsenal
    Man United
    West Ham
    Aston Villa
    Reading
    Tottenham
    Newcastle
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Blackburn
    Carlisle
    Nott'm Forest
    Leeds
    Chelsea
    Rotherham
    Stoke
    Huddersfield
    Norwich
    Sunderland

Q.P.R.
    Cardiff
    Sheff Wed

2033-4
    PL Table

Man City
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Blackburn
    Carlisle
    Liverpool
    Nott'm Forest
    Stoke
    West Ham
    Everton
    Reading
    Q.P.R.
    Aston Villa
    Tottenham
    Leeds
    Chelsea
    Rotherham
    Cardiff
    Sheff Wed

Millwall
    Derby
    Sunderland

2034-5
    PL Table

Man City
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Man United
    Reading
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa
    Blackburn
    Nott'm Forest
    Carlisle
    Everton
    West Ham
    Tottenham
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Leeds
    Derby
    Q.P.R.
    Sunderland
    Millwall

Hull
    Huddersfield
    Burnley

2035-6
    PL Table

Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Reading
    Man United
    Blackburn
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Carlisle
    Aston Villa
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Stoke
    West Ham
    Nott'm Forest
    Hull
    Tottenham
    Huddersfield
    Burnley
    Leeds
    Derby

Cardiff
    Q.P.R.
    Rotherham

2036-7
    PL Table

Man United
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Blackburn
    Carlisle
    Tottenham
    Reading
    Rotherham
    Aston Villa
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Everton
    West Ham
    Stoke
    Cardiff
    Nott'm Forest
    Q.P.R.
    Huddersfield
    Hull

Notts
    Leeds
    Watford

2037-8
    PL Table

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Newcastle
    Man United
    Aston Villa
    Blackburn
    Carlisle
    Stoke
    Reading
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Tottenham
    Nott'm Forest
    West Ham
    Leeds
    Rotherham
    Cardiff
    Watford
    Notts

Hull
    Q.P.R.
    Sunderland

2038-9
    PL Table

Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Aston Villa
    Newcastle
    Carlisle
    Reading
    West Ham
    Liverpool
    Hull
    Stoke
    Rotherham
    Everton
    Leeds
    Nott'm Forest
    Blackburn
    Q.P.R.
    Sunderland
    Tottenham

Cardiff
    Leicester
    Sheff United

2039-40
    PL Table

Reading
    Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Chelsea
    Aston Villa
    Stoke
    Hull
    Man City
    Everton
    West Ham
    Carlisle
    Nott'm Forest
    Cardiff
    Blackburn
    Liverpool
    Leicester
    Rotherham
    Leeds
    Sheff United

Notts
    Sunderland
    Tottenham

2040-1
    PL Table

Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Reading
    Aston Villa
    Blackburn
    Stoke
    Everton
    West Ham
    Man City
    Nott'm Forest
    Carlisle
    Notts
    Cardiff
    Sunderland
    Hull
    Tottenham
    Leicester

Rotherham
    Burnley
    Watford

2041-2
    PL Table

Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Man United
    Blackburn
    Liverpool
    West Ham
    Chelsea
    Aston Villa
    Everton
    Man City
    Stoke
    Sunderland
    Carlisle
    Watford
    Nott'm Forest
    Reading
    Burnley
    Cardiff
    Notts
    Rotherham

Leeds
    Tottenham
    Hull

2042-3
    PL Table

Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Aston Villa
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Carlisle
    Everton
    Sunderland
    Blackburn
    Hull
    Leeds
    Tottenham
    Watford
    Burnley
    Reading
    Nott'm Forest
    West Ham

Brighton
    Ipswich
    Plymouth

2043-4
    PL Table

Newcastle
    Man United
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Aston Villa
    Watford
    Hull
    Stoke
    Liverpool
    Man City
    Everton
    Sunderland
    Blackburn
    Tottenham
    Leeds
    Burnley
    Ipswich
    Carlisle
    Plymouth
    Brighton

Nott'm Forest
    Cardiff
    Leicester

2044-5
    PL Table

Aston Villa
    Arsenal
    Man City
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Man United
    Stoke
    Ipswich
    Everton
    Blackburn
    Sunderland
    Cardiff
    Liverpool
    Hull
    Burnley
    Watford
    Nott'm Forest
    Tottenham
    Leicester
    Leeds

Reading
    Brighton
    Rotherham

2045-6
    PL Table

Man City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Aston Villa
    Stoke
    Liverpool
    Brighton
    Man United
    Ipswich
    Blackburn
    Cardiff
    Watford
    Burnley
    Sunderland
    Hull
    Reading
    Nott'm Forest
    Rotherham
    Everton

Tottenham
    Southampton
    West Ham

2046-7
    PL Table

Newcastle
    Aston Villa
    Arsenal
    Man United
    Cardiff
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Man City
    Reading
    Brighton
    Blackburn
    Ipswich
    Tottenham
    Liverpool
    Sunderland
    West Ham
    Watford
    Hull
    Burnley
    Southampton

Nott'm Forest
    Leicester
    Rotherham

2047-8
    PL Table

Man United
    Man City
    Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Aston Villa
    Chelsea
    Stoke
    Sunderland
    Watford
    Liverpool
    Ispwich
    Blackburn
    Tottenham
    Cardiff
    Rotherham
    Reading
    Brighton
    Nott'm Forest
    Leicester
    West Ham

Southampton
    Q.P.R.
    Plymouth

2048-9
    PL Table

Man United
    Aston Villa
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    Chelsea
    Man City
    Rotherham
    Tottenham
    Liverpool
    Brighton
    Blackburn
    Cardiff
    Sunderland
    Reading
    Ipswich
    Stoke
    Southampton
    Q.P.R.
    Watford
    Plymouth

West Ham
    Crystal Palace
    Nott'm Forest

Fun fact*: For each team; professional, semi-pro, and amateur, within the English league system to win the Premier League at least once, it would take approximately 6.5 Octoctogintaseptingentisesmilliquadrinicrillimillinillion (440365 numbers between the 6 and the decimal place) years. To put perspective on that, if our universe was inside of another universe that lasts 14 billion (14 billion being the amount of years that scientists project our universe has existed) times that of our universe, and that universe is within another universe that lasts 14 billion times that of the previous one, and that universe is also surrounded by another universe, which is also surrounded by another universe, which is surrounded by another universe, that outermost universe can live and die a 14 billion year life approximately 2200 times before every English club can win the Premiership.

*Fun fact about the above fun fact: That fun fact was fun for neither of us.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    edited September 2015
    Other League Overviews

I did an overview of every single year for the EPL because I know that the vast majority of the people on here are English, so that would be what they care about. At least for now, I will only show you last year's standings for the other major leagues, so you can get the most basic gist of where teams are right now within the footballing world. If you want to know how a specific team(s) has done that I have not mentioned yet, though, I will be more than happy to share it with you.

2048-9 Ligue 1

AS Monaco
    LOSC Lille
    Stade Rennais
    Paris Saint-Germain
    Olympique Lyonnais
    AS Saint-Etienne
    FC Lorient
    Girondins Bordeaux
    Olympique Marseille
    Toulouse
    La Berrichone
    FC Nantes
    RC Lens
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    EA Guingamp
    Angers SCO
    CS Sedan Ardennes
    Dijon FCO
    FC Metz
    FC Martigues

Promoted from Ligue 2 to Ligue 1

SC Bastia
    FC Sochaux-Montbé
    Montpelier HSC

2048-9 Bundesliga

FC Bayern
    Köln
    FC Schalke
    Bayer Leverkusen
    VfB Stuttgart
    Mainz
    München Lions
    VfL Wolfsburg
    RB Leipzig
    Berlin-Köpenick Dammfeld
    Augsberg
    Nürnberg
    Borussia Dortmund
    SC Freiburg
    Hoffenheim
    Werder Bremen
    Heidenheim
    VfR Aalen

Promoted from 2. Liga to Bundesliga

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Carlzeiss Jena

2048-9 Serie A

Roma
    AC Milan
    Napoli
    Juventus
    Inter Milan
    Cesena
    Fiorentina
    Spal
    Pescara
    Salernitana
    Palermo
    Bologna
    Novara
    Bari
    Catania
    Udinese
    Cagliari
    Spezia
    Cremonese
    Atalanta

Promoted from Serie B to Serie A

Genoa
    Modena
    Torino

2048-9 La Liga

Real Madrid
    FC Barcelona
    RCD Espanyol
    Valencia
    Granada
    Sporting Gijon
    Real Betis
    Levante
    Athletic Bilbao
    Sevilla
    SD Ponferradina
    Real Zaragoza
    Atlético Madrid
    Racing Santander
    Córdoba
    Deportivo la Coruña
    Real Sociedad
    Rayo Vallecano
    Getafe
    Melilla

Promoted from Liga Adelante to La Liga

Las Palmas
    Valladolid
    Málaga
  • IAmLikingFlame
    The club I have chosen and why I have chosen them

Watford_FC.jpg

The club I have chosen take forward from the 2049-50 season is... (drum-roll) ... Watford. I chose them for a few reasons. Firstly, before I joined this forum, I did a CM on FIFA 12 with Watford and it is still my favourite CM I've done to date. This was also one of the first teams to quickly rise through the standings. They managed to qualify for the Europa League in 2019-20, their first of a string of years in the BPL that included a 4th place finish and an FA Cup title. They managed to attract players such as Josh Murphy, Neal Maupay, and Wilfried Bony, and that quick rise really made me pay attention to them. But when Murphy left and Bony retired, the team quickly fell apart and was relegated the season after the FA Cup win. They managed to get back up to the PL nly two years after, but they couldn't stay up for long. They weren't able to really cement themselves in the Premiership again until 2041-2. They were finally gaining momentum in the league again, until last year, they shockingly got themselves relegated. I don't really know why. They only lost one key player and he was replaced by someone that I consider a better player than him. So what I aim to do is take over a Premiership-worthy team and try to keep them from all leaving so that I can get them back in the Premiership, and hopefully, eventually back into Europe.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Alright, so I'm going to have a player sponsoring system like I had for my León DeFluym Story back on the old forums, but, since this is on FM and the other one was on FIFA, I'm going to have a different scoring system for it.
    Player Sponsoring System

Appearances: +50 pts for a start, +25 pts for coming off the bench

Goals: +50 pts for strikers, +75 pts for wingers, +100 pts for midfielders, +120 pts for defenders

Assists: +25 pts for strikers, +30 pts for wingers, +40 pts for midfielders, +75 pts for defenders

Clean Sheets: +10 pts for strikers, +25 pts for midfielders, +75 pts for defenders, +100 pts for gks

Player of the Match: +150 pts

Average Rating: Each individual match's rating*5 (Ex: Player gets a 6,9 match rating, he gets 34,5 added to his score)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Darren_Lawrence.jpg
    Darren Lawrence is the only goalkeeper in my first team. Since he has been at the club for so long, he is a fan favourite, but he is starting to get past his prime and he has been in horrendous form the last couple of years. I'm not looking to replace him yet, as he is still a solid option at #1 for the Championship, but I'm going to be looking to sign someone he can tutor who can replace him in a couple of years.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Mike_Jonas.jpg
    Mike Jonas was a new signing last year, and he was one of the few bright spots in Matt Bliss' team last year before Bliss was sacked. Unfortunately, Steven Anderson, the manager that took over in December, doesn't use formations with fullbacks. Jonas lost his spot in the team, and Watford was unable to even compete to stay up under Anderson. I do use fullbacks though, and I plan for Jonas to be a key part of my defence if I can get him to stay.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Vedat_Oezbalta.jpg
    Having made his first cap for Turkey at just 18 years old while on loan at Levante, Vedat Özbalta is a legend in Turkish football due to having the record for the most Turkey caps and for his 11 seasons starting at Juventus. He joined Watford as a big name last year, but largely disappointed. I still feel he could be a major part of our back four this year, but it seems like he has his mind set on going back to Turkey to finish out his career.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Branoslav_Matovic.jpg
    Branislav Matovic is another starter that I'm afraid will leave. He joined the club on a bargain transfer from OFK Beograd, but, like most of the team, under-performed this last year. His similarities in playing style to Özbalta make me think that it might be a wise decision to let one of them leave, but try to keep the other. I'm not sure which yet.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Slobodan_Knezevic.jpg
    Slobodan Knezevic is another good centre-back for us. He is a more athletic player than Matovic and Özbalta, so I would like to do everything possible to keep him on the team. He will probably be in the same role he has been in the last few years, 20-30 matches of solid performances, but not meant to be a key player.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Tom_Kay.jpg
    Tom Kay is going to be an option in defence for us, mainly off the bench. I might loan him out, but I'm not sure yet.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Miloslav_Janda.jpg
    Just like what seems like every single player on my team, Miroslav Janda wants to leave due to our relegation. He plays both left back and centre back. He is a good athletic defender, which i like, but he has some problems with his crossing and passing that would make it hard to use him effectively as a wingback. I still want to keep him here though, because he is my only real option at left back and I could use a player like him. Also, he looks intimidating, so his face might scare our opponents.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Luke_Shackell.jpg
    Luke Shackell is not and will never be the quality that I want players at my club to be. If I can sell him, I will.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Conor_Farrell.jpg
    Conor Farrell is the most talented player on the team, which is going to be interesting, because I have never based a team around a DM before. He's been a key player in every season since he got here, and even looked solid last season. If I can can get him to do well, I can practically guarantee promotion. Again, the biggest problem is going to be getting him to stay.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Magro.jpg
    Magro was another big signing at the beginning of last season, but he disappointed. He's apparently supposed to be some huge star of the future, but he struggled both here and at Real Betis, the only two good clubs he's played for. He predictably wants out. If I have to let one of him or Farrell go, it would be him, but he could definitely be a really good player to have available.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Jimmy_Andriamisohara.jpg
    Andriamiharisoa had some issues breaking into the first team last year, but, if I'm forced to sell one or both of the other defensive mids, he wouldn't be a bad option as one of their replacements. If they both stay, he will either be stuck on the bench for most of the season or I would sell him.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Ibuki_Yamaguchi.jpg
    Yamaguchi would be a link between the defence and the offence and I look forward to using him. As the vice captain, he is well respected at the club, but he wants to leave. I want to keep him due to his stellar assist record, but I know that that may not be possible.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Christian_Moore.jpg
    Christian Moore has never been able to break into our first team, and with plentiful midfielders, he will not be needed unless something drastic happens. He has the potential to possibly be a good player in the future, but I'm currently looking at all possibilities, including yet another loan spell or possibly a permanent move.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Goekhan_Karadeniz.jpg
    Gökhan Karadeniz is someone that i would have been excited about if I came here two years ago, but lately, injury issues and bad form have made him into a player who, unfortunately, is not up to par with the rest of the team. He is extremely nonathletic for a winger at this point, and he's not getting any younger. He wants out, and I want him out.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Gary_Brown.jpg
    Gary Brown has been at the club for three years now, but he has never really impressed very much here. After a goal-less season last year, he isn't going to be at the forefront of my plans, but I'm hoping that, if he stays, he will start to fulfill his potential at the club.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Miha_Cipot.jpg
    Miha Cipot has failed to break into our first team thus far, and we have loaned him out five times in the five years since signing him, but he might get a chance this year if Brown isn't in form this year. He could be a key player in the future, but he likely won't be much more than a rotational option this year, if everything goes to plan.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Sekou_Konan.jpg
    Sékou Konan was quite possibly the most disappointing signing of last year, due to the large fee that it cost to bring him to the club and the injury issues that he suffered from during the season, but I'm still extremely excited about him. He's done very well in the past and he's exactly the type of striker that I like to have scoring goals. He's very athletic, makes smart plays off the ball, and he's never missed a penalty in his entire career. I expect him to return to the form he was in at Brugge and I will be doing everything that I possibly can to keep him from leaving.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Jermaine_Mc_Knight.jpg
    Despite having had a brilliant start to his time at the club since signing in January of the previous year,Jermaine McKnight did a poor job both alongside Konan and in his absence during our relegation-bound season last year. He's not getting any younger, and I plan to keep him on the team this year (though I don't know yet whether it will be in a starting or rotational capacity), but this will likely be his last season on the team, especially if we manage to get promoted.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Antonio_Matos.jpg
    António Matos had a horrendous year last year. He is not in my plans, I already have so many options at striker, and he can't really play any other position. He wants out, and I'm not standing in his way.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Miodrag_Djordjevic.jpg
    Miodrag Djordjevic is unfortunately a case where he is just getting old enough that he won't be able to stay fit enough to remain in my first team. He is still a talented player, and I respect him quite a bit. I would like to keep him as a depth option, but he deserves better than that, so, if he wants to leave, I'll let him.
  • IAmLikingFlame
    That is all of the players that are in my senior squad as of the day that I am hired on. You may now post and you may now select a player for the player sponsoring.
  • Ashy
    12603 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks good, really interesting to see teams like Rotherham in the Premier League now and England finally winning something, I'll sponsor Djordevic since his goal/game ratio is decent
  • IAmLikingFlame
    Ashy wrote: »
    Looks good, really interesting to see teams like Rotherham in the Premier League now and England finally winning something, I'll sponsor Djordevic since his goal/game ratio is decent
    I agree that it'll be interesting to see teams like Rotherham in the Premiership, and Spal and Salernitana in the Serie A.

• LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Good luck, nice idea going into the future and picking a team. Nice to see Rotherham in the Prem :o I'll sponsor Jonas for now, if he does leave I take it I can re-pick?