Career mode length

Wyojasond
11191 posts Has That Special Something
Not sure if this has been covered, but has the length of manger mode been announced. I know last year it was only 15 years, and that just seems to short. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• KSI Incognito 7
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not sure if this has been covered, but has the length of manger mode been announced. I know last year it was only 15 years, and that just seems to short. Thanks for any info.

i agree way to short, needs to be more like 30-40 years. if i take over a team at 30 i wouldn't retire at 45
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why does there need to be a limit?
  • MilkyBarKid16
    91 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I usually get bored after 10 seasons, because I'm not a big fan of regens. I find that most of my squad is made up of these players and thats why I limit my careers to six ot seven seasons.

If we had reserve matches, the youth players would have more significance, but if they don't get loan offers, they sit in my squad. I use some of them, but when there is little improvement from them after loans, it becomes increasingly difficult to incorporate them into my team. Maybe with training, they will improve quicker than by playing on loan.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    Scoot wrote: »

Because a amount of players in the game is not infinite, maybe.
  • Danic123
    2287 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's 15 years. But take into account this is a game based entirely on the idea of you actually playing all the fixtures. It is not a management sim like Football Manager.

I bet there aren't too many people who finish all 15 years, and lesser still who have actually played every game.
  • The Game
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited September 2015
    Everybody who feels like playing more than 15 season should be able to.
    Personally I normally stop after 6 seasons.

But I play every game (except for most of the friendlies) from 6 to 20 minutes a half and I am not interested in playing with generic regens either. Plus the lack of career stats isn´t motivating to get me playing more than six seasons.
  • Scoot
    267 posts Sunday League Hero

But every player that retires is regenerated. If anything there may get to a point where there are too many players.
    Danic123 wrote: »
    It's 15 years. But take into account this is a game based entirely on the idea of you actually playing all the fixtures. It is not a management sim like Football Manager.

I bet there aren't too many people who finish all 15 years, and lesser still who have actually played every game.

That's fine but I personally have been able to complete 15 seasons and am up to my 11th in another career - this is just with Fifa 15.

I also only ever simmed some friendlies and also sometimes a couple of the final league games if the title is already won.

I don't see a reason for the limit just because some people won't go that far.
  • Danic123
    2287 posts Fans' Favourite

But every player that retires is regenerated. If anything there may get to a point where there are too many players.

That's fine but I personally have been able to complete 15 seasons and am up to my 11th in another career - this is just with Fifa 15.

I also only ever simmed some friendlies and also sometimes a couple of the final league games if the title is already won.

I just mean that if only a few are bothered about doing more than 15 seasons, they'll not bother putting it in.

Personally, I get bored as soon as I've won the Champions League. By that stage I've got a team I can win everything with and it all gets a bit pointless.
  • Could it potentially be 30 years if you play 15 as a player then retire and become manager for another 15 years?
    I agree that if you play every match(or almost all of them) 6-10 seasons is A LOT of games when you factor in all of the cup games and everything too.
  • Wyojasond
    Honestly last year I only made it to the 15 year mark once. That being said, if i start in league 2, it takes at least 4 years to get up to the top league. For me, I'd like to build more of a legacy. It is what it is though.
  • Ggggoooopppp
    1188 posts Professional
    edited September 2015

Personally, I get bored as soon as I've won the Champions League. By that stage I've got a team I can win everything with and it all gets a bit pointless.

Well, take Accrington, set full manual and legendary and I suppose you'll win nothing :)
  • MeanOnSunday
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero

I just mean that if only a few are bothered about doing more than 15 seasons, they'll not bother putting it in.

The problem with that argument is that most people never finish any type of video game. Does that mean it is OK to just end Halo half way through the game because 90% of people that buy it will never get that far? I can't see any reason to end after 15 years; maybe in the past there was some technical issue with the size of the database, but it shouldnt be an issue with modern consoles.

• MeanOnSunday
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    Honestly last year I only made it to the 15 year mark once. That being said, if i start in league 2, it takes at least 4 years to get up to the top league. For me, I'd like to build more of a legacy. It is what it is though.

If I start with a lower league team I'd like to be more realistic and not abuse the gameplay by getting promoted every year. Instead build slowly, sim most of the first few seasons while focusing on recruiting good players, making some cash.

• Wyojasond

If I start with a lower league team I'd like to be more realistic and not abuse the gameplay by getting promoted every year. Instead build slowly, sim most of the first few seasons while focusing on recruiting good players, making some cash.

This year I plan on playing almost all of the games. Last year I took Northampton and simulated a lot. Started out horrendous, and then out of nowhere they took off and got promoted every year. Was crazy. Spent 3-4 years barely hanging on in the premier league though. I just want a longer career mode because like a lot of people, I really enjoy the scouting and youth team part. Want to build my team up with young talent year after year. Chase European glory. All that jazz
  • Danic123 wrote: »

True. I never sim any game. Best I've managed without running out of time is 7 seasons. That's good enough as I don't want to play sides without players I recognise. Represents around 400 played games.
  • Jonx88
    637 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2015

It's not based entirely on playing the games because then there wouldn't be a sim option, also the fact that you can play 15 seasons as a player and then another 15 seasons as a manager means the abilty to play 30 seasons is in the game, it's just laziness from EA they could easily make the manager career 30 seasons.
  • Boeruh
    197 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play Career mode intensively and I do sim the occasional match. I don't see anything wrong with that, especially when I have to play against some dull team between Champions cup/league matches with my second squad. I agree that if you play all matches, you wouldn't get to 15 seasons, but some choose to sim an amount of games in a season. For those people, it doesn't make sense the Career stops after 15 seasons, and I would agree. There's no reason to put a limit on it, so why do it? In the end it doesn't bother me too much, because I only managed to play 15 seasons once, but they should still remove the limit.
  • Is it still only 15 years?
  • I would have said its 15 years because all real 16 year olds would potentially be 31 by that time and if 32 is retirement age, (let's say for arguements sake) then there wouldn't be any know players left it would all be fake players and I guess EA have set that for their limit.

Although if player career is 15 years then you can be a manger for another 15 that wouldn't make sense, has anyone done that as a player?
  • Am I the only one that Sims most matches and thinks that 15 years is long enough lol
  • So, most people dont like playing with unknown players but myself i usally simulate to about 2021 and than start my Career mode because i find iT fun to Search for regens and train them as Ronaldo retirers huis regen is 24 in 2030 so he doesnt get the full potentiol with that What is the point of making regens of players in 2023 just to fill the game? 2040 or 2045 should be more realistic
  • Jonx88
    637 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited April 2016
    I have finished the player career and then continued as a manager playing the entire 30 seasons (i do sim also!), just a tip for anyone going to do this, you must RETIRE before your career as a player ends ie if you finish the entire 15 seasons and just keep going you will NOT get the option to continue as manager, you have to go into my player actions and choose retire some time before July 1st in the final season.

This is actually helpful because you can retire before the end of the 15 seasons, im sure i retired after 8 seasons once and then continued from there
  • Is there a reward for completing the full 15yrs?
  • I did 11 years as a player (in FIFA 17) before retiring and then it still only let me manage for four years (for 15 total). Has this happened to anyone else? ... the limit is so dumb. No reason for it. Some people (me included) play every game and want more than 15 years, especially if the 15 years combines the player/manager careers.