Chow's Ultimate Team Journey

Chow
2525 posts Fans' Favourite
edited September 2016
GilJF8S.png
7b1vqVW.png
FF7vlXt.pngpWOZkcY.pngBr5joI0.pngRav7p7f.pngSIv2kdm.png
Credit @Sokker14 for the inspiration behind these graphics.

Welcome to my journey through FIFA Ultimate Team 16. The idea behind this thread was partly inspired by the work of @Alastair and the forumers over in the Career Mode Stories category - here's a link to both the FIFA 15 and FIFA 16 sections.

Essentially this will be a place for me to share my experiences throughout the year, whether it be through match highlights, player reviews or maybe even pack openings. I'll also be tracking a large amount of statistics for all the players I use (certainly, these will help when it comes to player reviews, but it's mostly for anyone interested in the numbers side of the game) - a link to all these statistics can be found here or a couple of posts down in the Statistics section.

Of course, if you have something to share, by all means feel free to post it here...maybe there's a squad you're having fun with, or a player you want reviewed? In fact I encourage people to generate discussion here, so long as it's Ultimate Team related.

Finally, if you want to catch up on anything you've missed, you can find all major posts in the Archive section.

Post edited by Chow on

Comments

• Chow
    edited September 2016
    7b1vqVW.png
    vPLO0Z7.pngGUj60bJ.pngBr5joI0.pngRav7p7f.pngSIv2kdm.png

> Washed Up?
    Totaalvoetbal has been struggling to get back into the competitive D1 scene. Read more.

> Euros!
    Does European glory await Slovenija? Read more.

> Stats updated!
    I've updated my on going Google Sheet for all the latest team and individual player statistics. If you have an interest in numbers, this will be right up your street. See more.

Club Budget
    UELp1aV.png

Current Financial State
    Ml59MvI.png

Club Record
    kVvXtly.png

Post edited by Chow on
  • Chow
    7b1vqVW.png
    vPLO0Z7.pngpWOZkcY.pngelZs8aB.pngRav7p7f.pngSIv2kdm.png

Player Statistics
    Opens up in the same tab by default...

More coming soon...

• Chow
    7b1vqVW.png
    vPLO0Z7.pngpWOZkcY.pngBr5joI0.pngLYEYRap.pngSIv2kdm.png

Coming soon...

• Chow
    7b1vqVW.png
    vPLO0Z7.pngpWOZkcY.pngBr5joI0.pngRav7p7f.pngIOxZypl.png

Coming soon...

• Chow
    You may now post. :)
  • BlitzersNL
    24148 posts Club Captain
    Good luck!
  • Chow
    @BlitzersNL Danke. :)
  • Jmcgraghan
    1072 posts Professional
    GL mate. :)
  • iD33J91
    5440 posts Big Money Move
    This sounds really interesting. Good luck!!
  • Dodds
    7649 posts League Winner
    I'll be looking forward to this man, looks a nice little start.
  • Rob
    1215 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Good luck mate!
  • BenzP7
    8292 posts League Winner
    Rob wrote: »
    Good luck mate!

• Chow
    Thanks for all the kind words, will be bringing out an article later on today. :)

Tip #1:
    Also, for those who haven't checked the mobile (companion app), make sure you do as you can draft your first FUT Draft team for free so it'll be ready to go when you get your hands on the game. You only get one free token for either offline or online, so make sure you choose carefully (personally, I will be going with online). Moreover, if you wait till the GW1 In Form's are released later today, you may get the chance to draft one for your team.
  • Can't wait! Bookmarked this thread. :D
  • Smoothino
    1334 posts Professional
    Will we be seeing teams in 4231 1 Chow? Hopefully!
  • Foregone Conclusion
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    Chow wrote: »
    Thanks for all the kind words, will be bringing out an article later on today. :)

Tip #1:
    Also, for those who haven't checked the mobile (companion app), make sure you do as you can draft your first FUT Draft team for free so it'll be ready to go when you get your hands on the game. You only get one free token for either offline or online, so make sure you choose carefully (personally, I will be going with online). Moreover, if you wait till the GW1 In Form's are released later today, you may get the chance to draft one for your team.

Got George Best in mine as a captain. Well happy. Though I'll probably be up against lots of inform ronaldos!
  • Chow
    First FUT Draft:

I should also mention that my formation choices were: 4-4-2, 4-4-2 (2), 4-2-2-2, 5-3-2 and 5-2-1-2. Not exactly ideal. :#

U8Y7XX4.png
  • Chow
    @Snake :)

@Smoothino For sure! I've had a lot of success with it on the demo, alongside the 4-2-3-1 (2) and surprisingly, the 3-5-1-1...with interceptions being so strong, I have a feeling that 2 CDM formations will shine this year.

@Foregone Conclusion Wow George Best! Just a little jealous. ;) You can see my draft above.
  • Chow
    Financial Update:

Welp, my total coins took a plunge, with good reason. I have purchased IF Guarin (as an investment). GW1 IF's always have a tendency to rise in price so this is a fairly safe bet...it did however take quite a few trades and a bit of creative accounting.

lZRMF8t.png

Below (and in the Latest post), you can find a graph of my current coin total + trade profit - I'll be updating this daily.

XcT3Rq5.png
  • Rob
    1215 posts EA Staff (retired)
    That guarin should be a fairly safe bet I reckon.. not sure quite how much you'll make though. Got a specific amount in mind for when you'll sell?
  • IamFrench
    1361 posts Professional
    Wow, awesome post ! GL
  • xciljw
    4969 posts National Call-Up
    Definitely going to follow this. Good luck. :wink:
  • PassingThoughts
    503 posts An Exciting Prospect
    GL mate, it's nice to see this sorta thing chronicled when the person is good at trading
  • mrwf-
    86 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Godspeed, m8
  • BCBeneli
    1375 posts Play-Off Hero
    Very nice Goodluck. I can't even download the companion app. It says it's not compatible to my note 4. I thought it would be updated to be compatible back on fifa 15, but EA just never did sniff. So sad. I can't trade while at work lol
  • TheWiseWizard
    811 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think you'll make a good return on the IF Guarin investment. Made a similar amount of coins using tips from the old forums and I'm now looking for a decent investment, but not sure who to for atm :(
  • Chow
    Rob wrote: »
    That guarin should be a fairly safe bet I reckon.. not sure quite how much you'll make though. Got a specific amount in mind for when you'll sell?
    @Rob I do, it's tough to read the market at this early stage, this is something I'm really thinking about either selling up quickly if he hits X amount, or waiting a few weeks (keeping him fresh) and then selling for a premium. It's a shame the US release is a couple of days before he goes out of packs, would have been straight forward otherwise. Something to keep track of though.
  • Chow
    @IamFrench @xciljw @PassingThoughts @mrwf- Danke. :)

@BCBeneli Absolute rip. :| You can't sneak a cheeky tab on your work computer/laptop for the web app? ;)

@TheWiseWizard Nice one. :) It's hard to say at the moment, Mahrez is a good bet with his IRL hype if you can afford him, and being a silver, his supply will always be very limited. Guarin/Payet are the other two options I'd recommend, in terms of IF's.
  • HekTic_JukeZ
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite
    Good luck! I hope you can win D1this year :)
  • Chow
    Good luck! I hope you can win D1this year :)
    @HekTic_JukeZ Thanks. :) I barely played seasons in 15, in fact I stopped at 100 wins (100-42-24)...closest I got to a D1 title was a win away I think, but I bottled the last couple of games of that season. :/
This discussion has been closed.