This might just save FUT for you

TheMightyBee
4046 posts National Call-Up
I've always considered myself a better than average player and like to think I play the game in the right way (No lobbed balls, second man contain and spamming shirt pull). Enjoy the challenge of making every pass count and try to be creative in my play.

A few weeks ago it became impossible to play the game for me, I couldn't pass, sprint or time any tackles. Every 50\50 was going against me, in fact every 80\20 was going against me! I've never been so frustrated with a game ever and pretty much lost every single game bar a few real struggles. Dribbling was a strong point of my game and my players were stuck in the mud unable to turn or move with the ball. My record was 400W - 100L so it did seem a bit odd I could hardly win a game all of a sudden.

It finally clicked that a few weeks ago I had my broadband upgraded and a new router installed so maybe this could be causing the problems. I logged on and checked and found an advanced security setting for UPnP which personally I didn't feel was that important to have on due to other security I have. Once turned off I rebooted the router and just like that FUT is back to normal and a bit smoother. My control inputs actually work, my players can sprint and dribble and passes have pace on them!

The difference this one setting has made is huge to gameplay and without finding it I would have quit FUT. I've played a couple of games since and won 3-0 dnf and 6-0 dnf, everyone who feels like the game is a struggle and inputs aren't working please check your router settings. Only turn off security settings if you feel comfortable doing so and at your own risk. Glad I found this before TOTS!

Comments

• Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    TLDR
  • Radford
    53 posts Park Captain
    It is definitely all in your head mate.
  • TheMightyBee
    Radford wrote: »
    It is definitely all in your head mate.

It's a really handy router setting to know, it was basically stopping inputs being picked up. Hence why my players couldn't sprint, dribble and passes were going slow. Network settings are probably responsible for a majority of gameplay issues.
  • COACH
    20547 posts Club Captain
    This was the number one suggestion in the beginning of FUT this year for lag problems. I've had it off the whole time. Glad it worked for you.
  • Gamerking17
    1365 posts Play-Off Hero
    How would I go about doing this?

And what security do you have?
  • TheMightyBee
    COACH wrote: »
    This was the number one suggestion in the beginning of FUT this year for lag problems. I've had it off the whole time. Glad it worked for you.

Yeah I did turn it off on the old router but it just didn't click when I replaced it a few weeks back. The difference is just incredible and the game if fun again.

• Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain

• TheMightyBee

You will need to connect to your router and try and find the setting. It was under the firewall settings for me. It might be worth searching on Google how to connect to your own router, you will usually need to know the username and password.

All my other devices have their own security and firewalls on so the added security on the router wasn't that essential although still helpful.

• WellWornSock
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just wait, the mud will come back. I play with an extremely good broadband and my UpNp off, the "sluggishness" isnt lag.
  • TheMightyBee
    Just wait, the mud will come back. I play with an extremely good broadband and my UpNp off, the "sluggishness" isnt lag.

Oh yeah the last game I played the lag was slightly back but I'm talking about extreme lag and input issues. My players would pretty much stand on the spot trying to kick and tackle the air and could not dribble or sprint at all. It was unplayable and has ruined what was a good record lol
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional

Sluggishenss could just as easily be caused by your opponents poor internet though.

I do think the main cause of most gameplay issues are either overplaying or connection problems.
  • G
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Sad but true
  • COACH
    20547 posts Club Captain
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Step 1 Open a web browser and type the IP addressof the wireless router in the address bar (default is 192.168.0.1).Press Enter.

Step 2 The default username is admin (all lowercase) and the default password is blank (nothing). Click OK.

Step 3 Click the Tools tab then click Misc. tothe left.

Step 4 Under the UPnP Settings section, select disabled using the radio buttons to disable UPnP on the wirelessrouter

Step 5 Click Apply and then click Continue to save the new settings.
  • Smudge
    5459 posts Big Money Move
    Is it UPNP I want to disable or Extended UPNP Security?
  • TheMightyBee
    Smudge wrote: »

I just did the extended security and that worked wonders for me, make sure you do a reboot of the router after as well.

• Smudge
    5459 posts Big Money Move

I just did the extended security and that worked wonders for me, make sure you do a reboot of the router after as well.

Anything I want to add in terms of security in the settings if I'm disabling this?

• TheMightyBee

Anything I want to add in terms of security in the settings if I'm disabling this?

You shouldn't need to as the basic firewall on the router will still be functioning. All your other devices like Laptops should have their own security anyway, if not make sure you get some regardless of the router setting!
  • Marleigh
    2295 posts Fans' Favourite
    Upnp is nothing to do with security, in fact it being on is more of a security rick than it being off.