Web App Bug Thread - FAQ Updated 06/10

Rob
1215 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited October 2015
Web App: https://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app

If you're having trouble with the app please post in this thread.

The more information you can provide, the better the chance of finding a solution. The following accounts will be primarily monitoring the thread during PST office hours.

@FUTWebHelp1 @FUTWebHelp2

Please keep in mind these accounts are specifically for web issues.

How to save HAR logs on Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome and go to desired page
2. Right-click anywhere on the webpage
3. Click "Inspect Element"
4. There should be a red circle directly under the Search symbol, which means the Network log is being recorded
• If this circle is black, click on it to start recording the Network log (it will then turn red)
5. Proceed with your task
6. When finished, right-click anywhere under the Network tab
7. Click "Save as HAR with content" and save the HAR log in a location on your PC
• Ensure that the file type ends in ".har"

How to save HAR logs on Firefox:
Download Mozilla Firefox (https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/products/?icn=tabz)
1. The latest version already comes with Firebug installed
2. If not, go to https://getfirebug.com/downloads to download the latest version of Firebug
3. Startup Firefox and download the NetExport extension for Firebug (http://getfirebug.com/releases/netexport/)
4. Scroll down to the latest date and choose the .xpi file (i.e. - netExport-0.9b7.xpi)
5. When you want to start recording HAR logs, click on the Firebug icon at the top right of the page and Firebug will open up from the bottom. Click on the "Net" tab
6. Next to "Export" there is a circle button - make sure that button is grey and not green (if it is green, Auto Export is turned on. Click it to turn it off)
7. When finished, click on "Export" -> "Save As..." and choose a location on your computer to save the HAR file (make sure the file name ends in .har)
8. After saving, click "Clear" on Firebug to refresh the request list

Frequently Asked Questions

Active Issues we are investigating
- Established Date was reset for some users

Established Date
- If you logged in to Xbox One Early Access with the one of these affected personas before September 21st at 5pm Pacific Time, your Established Date/FUT Founder status would have been reset, and you would not have received your Returning User Packs. We are looking at the accounts that were affected by this, and ways of fixing them.
- The accounts should have been compensated for returning user rewards packs. The fix for the established date is ongoing.
-
Locked Accounts because of Security Question
- Users should be able to create a security question on FUT 16 Console/PC to gain access to the web app.

Access to the Transfer Market
- If your account can't access the Transfer Market, you will need to purchase FIFA 16 and login to FUT on Console/PC. Access to trading won't be immediate, and could take several days.
- Some accounts with previous FUT 15 history will be allowed to trade, while others will not. This is also true for accounts with multiple personas, as all persona data is treated separately in FUT 16.
- Playing FUT 15 will not give your FUT 16 account access to the Transfer Market

Returning User Access
- Web start has ended. Users will now be required to play FUT 16 to have access to the web app.

EA Access
- Creating a brand new FUT 16 account in EA Access will not give you access to the Web App. You will need to purchase a full copy of FIFA 16 to access the FUT Web App. Any data created in your EA Access trial of FUT 16 will carry over into the full game.

Persona Selector
- If you have multiple personas, you will see an icon in the top right to change between them. The persona selector will default to the persona you are not currently logged into.
- Because of the split between console generations in FUT 16, all returning users have the option of creating a PS3/Xbox 360 or a PS4/Xbox One FUT 16 team, depending on which platforms they played on in FUT 15. Once your account is created, it will be tied to that platform, with no shared data between the two.

FIFA Points
- PC accounts share FIFA Points between all versions of FUT. Any points purchased on a PC Account will be usable on the web app in FUT 16.
- Xbox and PlayStation users will need to transfer their FIFA Points from FUT 15 to FUT 16 consoles once they have the full game.

Profanity Error When Creating a Club
- Unfortunately, some words are filtered and won’t be able to be used as a club name. Because FUT is a global game, some words have a different context in other languages. If you receive the profanity error when creating your FUT 16 Club, please try another name.

Blank Screen (Web App wont load)
- There will be a proper error message for users in this scenario included in the next update to the app. Unfortunately, this only happens to users who do not have access to the Web App due to bans and club wipes in FUT 15.

Companion App Access
- If you are seeing a screen on the Companion App that tells you that you don’t have an account, login to FUT 16 Console.

Having trouble loading the web app?
- If you are experiencing issues loading the web app please try the following:
1. Make sure your flash player is up to date.
2. Clearing your browser cache
3. Turning off your browser extensions

Post edited by Rob on

Comments

• DS9269
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I can't search at the moment. I get this message:8dc3a5fbef.png

It worked fine yesterday.. this morning it started to happen every hour or so. Now it happens every time I try to search for anything.
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    The web app keeps saying that it is unable to verify my FUT 16 data.
    Tried it for a couple hours last night and an hour just now and still the same.
    Great to see it back though :)
  • duf
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2015
    This is a copy from my thread that i opened. You can close it there

First of all guys lets say that web app and companion app works. I am not going to play on my previous UK account but want to do it on my old EU account this year, and thats where the problems start

I was able to login to both web app and companion app from the account i used in fut 15. No problems with that

I have that login unavailble problem on the EU account i want to use this year. It occure after i have an option to choose wich consol i want to use ps4 or ps3 with listed name of my club from fifa 15.I have to state that for past 2 years i used the Uk one as i lived in the UK, and i logged in to fifa 15 on my old eu account only few days before. But i logged in there, fut worked, all security stuff are created and i also could login to companion app on fifa 15. I have this account from 2010 but until last few days i didint use it before in fut(only earlier offline fifa) as i started fut while being in UK in 2014 and played on the uk account.

I saw many of you got same issues. I believe it can be something with no access to the account that wasnt registered to fut 15 for example to certain point(like someone said beggining of september?). If we clear what is the issue it would be easier to explain that to EA
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional

Same thing here
  • I can't download the app to my samsung s6 android version 5.1.1...
  • Mathew1606
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite

Same thing here

this it says as a returning fut 15 user i can use the web app. i click the team name and console and i get the error message cant find fut 16 data?

• Madden
    59 posts Park Captain
    edited September 2015
    Hi does anyone know why i can't trade on the web app?
    I had fifa 15 for 360 then changed to xbox one half way through. ...
    It allows me to trade on my 360 version of the web app ...
    But on the xbox one version it says i haven't played fifa?

The web app works perfectly for me in all other areas, however my xbox one account gets told it needs to play FUT 16 through console in order to gain access to the transfer market.

I don't have this problem if i switch to my 360 version ( same xbox live gamertag, different markets)

EDIT: I have played FUT 15 on both the 360 and xbox one, with the same gamertag
  • Dodds
    7805 posts League Winner

Think a load of people have this problem.
  • Notformeclive
    2365 posts Fans' Favourite
    660422b095a992418538929918b4bd0d.png
  • i added 24k fifa points onto fifa 15 about a week ago and when i signed into the fifa 16 web app for the first time, they did not carry over. anybody having this problem?
  • Mathew1606
    2118 posts Fans' Favourite
    i added 24k fifa points onto fifa 15 about a week ago and when i signed into the fifa 16 web app for the first time, they did not carry over. anybody having this problem?

they will on transfer once you have the full game
  • As others have stated, i keep getting this message when trying to browse the transfer market. I can however list my own players and use the other features of the web app.

GyQUSgI.png
  • Mathew1606 wrote: »
    i added 24k fifa points onto fifa 15 about a week ago and when i signed into the fifa 16 web app for the first time, they did not carry over. anybody having this problem?

they will on transfer once you have the full game

i know this but there are people that had them transfered when they logged on
  • 660422b095a992418538929918b4bd0d.png

This.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2054 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2015
    Boggot wrote: »
    As others have stated, i keep getting this message when trying to browse the transfer market. I can however list my own players and use the other features of the web app.

GyQUSgI.png

I have this too, was working fine but then after spam searching a player for a while this came up.
    Post edited by Damo_Suzuki on
  • alutiq
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015
    placed a player in active squad from the transfer list except he has disappeared from my club totally :)

it was cleber the silver brazilian cb
  • I can log into the App on my phone but it won't go past the "Getting Started" Screen. Assuming that will change tomorrow since that is when Early Access starts.
  • TheAngryDolpin
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Did not get any free loyalty packs altough it said i would
  • duf
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    Guys, lets state actual problems here like the one with people not being able to login due to "unverfied data etc"

Problems with that transfers, servers etc is just regular thing wich can happen at obe moment but not the other due to traffic for example
  • MBABAX
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Club name too short errors..... any issues ?
  • duf
    1671 posts Play-Off Hero
    I can log into the App on my phone but it won't go past the "Getting Started" Screen. Assuming that will change tomorrow since that is when Early Access starts.

I doubt. I can login to mobile app on the old account that can login to web app also, but on the one where web app doesnt work i cant get past getting started screen on mobile app
  • ranj101
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special

This.

Yup this
  • DadBod
    6299 posts Big Money Move

This as well on my fut founder account
  • First it told me my club name that I have used had profanity or something "Old Fartz FC" not that big a deal really, but now it says I have to play FIFA 16 to get access to the transfer market.
    8e915f6f9fe07ee0069a2f68a24116af.png
  • Pezzer
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2015
    822e967880127718bc50a6924c23d74c.png

Played every Ultimate Team since FIFA 11
  • TheRev
    293 posts Sunday League Hero

This.

Same.

• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Same here.
    Tried two different PCs, from two different ISPs, with different OS/browsers setup, but it wouldn't let me in.
    Is this because I haven't played FUT 15?
  • Says i dont have a FUT club when ive been playing on my xbox one for at least 3 months.
  • Michaelvb86
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MBABAX wrote: »
    Club name too short errors..... any issues ?

I have the same.

H72Y30M.jpg
    Clubname too short when it's clearly not. Impossible to get into the web app

• ale85bg wrote: »
    Same here.
    Tried two different PCs, from two different ISPs, with different OS/browsers setup, but it wouldn't let me in.
    Is this because I haven't played FUT 15?
    Same here, have literally tried everything to even contacting the live chat (desperate measures) and still could not get on. :'(