Feyenoord Rotterdam

Snake
407 posts
edited September 2015
feyenoord-rotterdam-hd-logo.png?w=700&h=

Full name: Feyenoord Rotterdam
Nickname(s): De club aan de Maas (The Club on the Meuse)
De Stadionclub (The Stadiumclub)
De Trots van Zuid (The Pride of South)
The Club of the People
Founded: July 19, 1908; 106 years ago
Ground: De Kuip
Capacity: 51,177
Manager: Giovanni van Bronckhorst
League: Eredivisie
2014–15: Eredivisie, 4th

Information: Feyenoord Rotterdam is a Dutch professional football club from Rotterdam, that plays in the Eredivisie. Founded as Wilhelmina in 1908, the club changed its name in 1912 to SC Feijenoord (since 1973 Feyenoord for international reasons) and moved to De Kuip in 1937.

Feyenoord is one of the most successful clubs in the Netherlands, winning 14 Eredivisie titles, 11 KNVB Cups and two Johan Cruijff Shields. The club also has won one European Cup, two UEFA Cups and one Intercontinental Cup. The club is historically one of the three clubs that have dominated the Eredivisie (first tier) of Dutch football, the others being Ajax and PSV. These three clubs have always played in the Eredivisie, since its inception in 1952, and have never been relegated to lower divisions.

Feyenoord is known as a people's club, with a huge national support. The club's most successful period in history was the 1960s and '70s when Coen Moulijn and Ove Kindvall led the club to six league titles, two European trophies, an Intercontinental cup and thereby becoming the first Dutch club to win the European Cup and the Intercontinental Cup.

Feyenoord has a longstanding rivalry with Ajax, as a clash between the two biggest cities in The Netherlands, which is called De Klassieker (The Classic). The club's anthem is "Hand in Hand".

Stadium: De Kuip
c86078444edb8ee722899a9bedb70cb9_740_293_crop.jpg

Squad:
Goalkeepers
RCXeeh0.png?1

Defenders
3fyOIoW.png?1

Midfielders
8ayXzol.png?1

Forwards
UdMPpZL.png?1

Manager: Giovanni van Bronckhorst
53445cf2b0d7db389530c92db6c449fa_275_275_canvas_colorFFFFFF.jpg
Post edited by Snake on

Comments

• Snake
    407 posts
    edited March 2015
    League standings: http://www.fifa.com/world-match-centre/nationalleagues/nationalleague=netherlands-eredivisie-2000000022/standings/

VAN BRONCKHORST FEYENOORD’S NEW HEAD COACH
    79a3588e4b258aaba58a5f2635bc59d1_740_0.jpg
    Giovanni van Bronckhorst has been given the job of head coach at Feyenoord staring next season. The forty-year-old, a former player and currently assistant coach, will take over from Fred Rutten, who leaves the club at the end of this season. Van Bronckhorst and Feyenoord have reached agreement on a two-year contract. Jean-Paul van Gastel will stay on as assistant coach and will sign a new three-year deal shortly.
    Van Bronckhorst, who has played an important role alongside Van Gastel as assistant to Ronald Koeman and Rutten over the past four seasons, says it is a ‘huge honour’ to be asked to take on head coach duties at De Kuip.

‘That I will now be head coach at the club where I once started as an F junior and to which I returned after a long career fills me with pride and I am therefore extremely appreciative of the trust Feyenoord has put in me,’ said Van Bronkhorst, who earned 106 international caps for Oranje. ‘I have learned a lot from both Ronald Koeman and Fred Rutten as an assistant coach. A fantastic challenge now awaits me together with Jean-Paul and my staff and I’m really looking forward to it.’

‘It is good for the club that there is now clarity ahead of next season,’ Gio continued, emphasising that his appointment will not change the way the current technical staff work. ‘In the remaining phase of this season Jean-Paul and I will assist Fred Rutten with the same commitment and dedication as has been the case over the past months. The focus is fully on finishing this season well, achieving the very best with the whole team.’

Martin van Geel expressed his satisfaction on behalf of the club at the agreement with Van Bronckhorst and Van Gastel. ‘We are convinced that Giovanni is ready for this step after three years under Ronald Koeman and a year under Fred Rutten,’ said the club’s technical director. ‘The good discussions we have had over the past period have only served to strengthen that feeling. We are delighted that Gio, as a real Feyenoord man, is taking on the challenge with us and of course also that Jean Paul is staying at the club.’

Van Geel also explained why Van Gastel would pen a three-year contract on Feyenoord’s request, while Van Bronckhorst has agreed a two-year deal. ‘We see Jean-Paul not only as an ambitious professional, but also someone who guards the culture of the club, who, due to his past as a youth coach, is also the ideal bridge towards our youth academy. That’s why we looked long term with him. In the coming period we will join forces to look for an experienced assistant coach to further strengthen and support the technical staff next season.’
    Post edited by Snake on
  • Nice
  • Thank you :grin:

Hoping to find more Feyenoord fans, because I can't recall any from the old forums.
  • Skorpio_King
    4407 posts National Call-Up
    Wow, nice topic
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Snake wrote: »
    Thank you :grin:

Hoping to find more Feyenoord fans, because I can't recall any from the old forums.
    You can't 'recall' Sokker14? :'(
  • Larsiemens
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    NiceNice
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hello. I like Feynoord a lot, but I dont get a chance to watch them at all. How have they been playing this year. I love Boetius but I dont think he's doing too well this year, from what I hear. On the contrary I think Van Beek and Manu have been having solid years.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Mathijsen is still playing? He must be running backwards by now.
  • Andy
    7849 posts League Winner
    edited April 2015
    PES wrote: »
    Mathijsen, Wilkshire, Boularouz :lol: who is getting money for making these signings?
  • Sokker14
    PES wrote: »
    He's getting benched in most of the matches, with Sven van Beek and Terence Kongolo being in top form.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Where is Vandermar?
    Also i love Karsdorp :flushed:
  • Snake
    407 posts
    edited April 2015
    I have no idea who Vandermar is. I really thought Boetius and Vilhena would do well this season, but they haven't showed up. Only one who is ready for the next level is Clasie. I also don't feel getting experienced (mediocre) players helped, but I guess we couldn't find better.
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    Thank you :grin:

You can't 'recall' Sokker14? :'(

Aw, that might have been me not being active for a while on the old forums. I legit had no clue. :pensive:
    Post edited by Snake on
  • Sokker14
    I hope Jordy Clasie starts tomorrow. He's still one of the best Eredivisie candidates to get in the TOTS MC Gold. And, a win versus AZ is needed to keep battling for a CL spot.
  • Sokker14 wrote: »
    I hope Jordy Clasie starts tomorrow. He's still one of the best Eredivisie candidates to get in the TOTS MC Gold.
    He's hoping he misses the game.
  • That 1-4 win, optimist says that we can take over Ajax.
  • Sokker14
    That 1-4 win, optimist says that we can take over Ajax.
    We played a good game against a weak AZ yesterday and if we manage to remain this form, it's possible. Ajax is dropping points now and then and with five matches to go and a five points difference, I wouldn't rule out a second place in the league.
  • Bram
    9390 posts League Winner
    I very much doubt it. Ajax only has Zwolle away which they could drop points. Feyenoord still has zwolle and Groningen away. Don't think you're getting 6 points from those 2.
  • Sokker14
    Bram wrote: »
    I very much doubt it. Ajax only has Zwolle away which they could drop points. Feyenoord still has zwolle and Groningen away. Don't think you're getting 6 points from those 2.
    Despite Heracles Almelo's bad season, they're up for a surprise at home, playing on artifical turf. I expect Ajax to win this game, don't get me wrong, but the pitch is so different to the rest everything is possible.
  • Bram
    9390 posts League Winner
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    Bram wrote: »
    Despite Heracles Almelo's bad season, they're up for a surprise at home, playing on artifical turf. I expect Ajax to win this game, don't get me wrong, but the pitch is so different to the rest everything is possible.
    Heracles should really not be a problem yeah, I think that aswell.

Heracles has the highest rated artificial turf in the league btw ;)
  • Favourite thread

7af27c2c9e12d0d0234a37f7499fb19b.png
  • Sokker14
    If Jordy Clasie keeps his spot in the TOTS MC Gold and Van Beek in the TOTS MC Silver, we can almost field a full IF/(i)MOTM/TOTS/Y team.

Elvis Manu is also likely to get an in-form this week, if I remember correctly.
  • Ohh, Guidetti. There were rumours of him and Kuyt going back to Feyenoord. Would be great if it was true.
  • Sokker14
    Ohh, Guidetti. There were rumours of him and Kuyt going back to Feyenoord. Would be great if it was true.
    I'd love to get one back, but two... I mean, I think we should field the likes of Jean-Paul Boëtius, Elvis Manu, Annas Achahbar and Bilal Başaçıkoğlu weekly. If Feyenoord brings in John Guidetti and Dirk Kuyt, it could definitely have a bad influence on the development of our young players.
  • That is probably true, but they do need to show up. If they go completely missing like Vilhena, we would have no chance at all at European football. It is that they are too unreliable.

Would you rather see Kuyt or Guidetti back? I think that with Guidetti you would get some resell value, but Kuyt would probably still work like a horse every game.
  • Sokker14
    That is probably true, but they do need to show up. If they go completely missing like Vilhena, we would have no chance at all at European football. It is that they are too unreliable.

Would you rather see Kuyt or Guidetti back? I think that with Guidetti you would get some resell value, but Kuyt would probably still work like a horse every game.
    You can't go wrong with some extra experience and quality, especially with Jordy Clasie likely to leave in the summer and a new season in the Europa (in the best case Champions) League, but I rather see John Guidetti returning than Dirk Kuyt.

I'm a big fan of Dirk Kuyt, but at that age, he shouldn't and can't be our main player.
  • My dream line up for next season:

Boetius - Guidetti - Kuyt
    Toornstra
    Clasie - El Ahmadi
    Nelom - Kongolo - van Beek - Karsdorp
    Vermeer

Bench:
    -Kazim Richards
    -Manu
    -Cabral
    -Hahn
    -Woudenberg

• And it is official.
    14850ea8c5f4bd96c0e04e95fc4303b2_740_0.jpg
  • Larsiemens
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dirk Duracell!!!
  • Sokker14
    Now the deal is done and dusted, I can't deny I'm a little about him. Even though I don't think we necessarily need him, he's a club legend and a great example for the rest of the team.

Welcome back Dirk Kuyt.

Let's win the title next season ;)
  • 835166354135.jpg?v=11

Everything is possible with Kuyt. :p

I wonder what other reinforcements will arrive, haven't heard much in the rumours. Maybe they are waiting to see how much they can get for Clasie? 10-15 million?