Do I need to make a new forum account now?

Since FIFA 16 sections will be locked soon, and I don't have FIFA 16 on this account.
Do I make a new one and this gets banned or?

Comments

• Premier-Sky
    2882 posts Fans' Favourite
    You can continue posting on the fifa 16 forums without fifa 16 until 1st November, as long as you have purchased FIFA at some point on the account that you attempt to login to the forums with
  • Olivier
    2001 posts Fans' Favourite
    When the Fifa 16 forums get 'locked' it means you can not post with your account if it's not linked with Fifa 16. But it's not the same as a ban.
  • ectoplasmaticgoo
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2015
    You can continue posting on the fifa 16 forums without fifa 16 until 1st November, as long as you have purchased FIFA at some point on the account that you attempt to login to the forums with

That is my issue. I do have 16 just not on this account. Do I make a new forum account to continue posting after 1st November or?
    Olivier wrote: »
    When the Fifa 16 forums get 'locked' it means you can not post with your account if it's not linked with Fifa 16. But it's not the same as a ban.

This account will not be linked with 16, because I bought it on another origin account. Do I need to make a new forum account or can I link origin account on this profile?

Sorry if it's confusing.
  • Premier-Sky
    2882 posts Fans' Favourite

That is my issue. I do have 16 just not on this account. Do I make a new forum account to continue posting after 1st November or?

Well you might as well use the account that has fifa 16 linked to it, as you'll be unable to post using this one after October

• To access this area of the FIFA forums, you need to have played FIFA with your Origin account.

To enable your account to access the FIFA forums, complete the following steps.

Load FIFA on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, or Mobile platforms.
    Connect to the EA servers and log in to your Origin account (This should be the same account you use to log in to the FIFA forums.)
    Complete the login process.
    Return to the forums and log in with the same account information.
    For any other FIFA support questions, visit EA Help.

I guess I need first download and play the game before I use it.