The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

The Ultimate Targetman Guide

Comments

• mattiparka
    10411 posts Has That Special Something
    Kove wrote: »
    I keep getting glued to using 4-3-1-2 because it's so op but the consequence is that i can't really use a target man since I'm practically not crossing the ball at all.
    100% this, I have tried every single striker formation and just can't make it work with a target man. I think the solution could be a 4321 but I an honestly running out of ideas.

the 4231's are the only ones that works well for me. michiel kramer stands out big time. but have only used silvers so far
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    Built my IF Slimani team yesterday, but waiting for him to go to discard, so using the NIF. First game was a 6-0 win, Slimani a post width from a hat trick. He scored a bullet power header from a corner. Looking forward to the IF!

pitch-498608.jpg

• BlitzersNL
    24955 posts Player of the Year
    TWS001 wrote: »
    Built my IF Slimani team yesterday, but waiting for him to go to discard, so using the NIF. First game was a 6-0 win, Slimani a post width from a hat trick. He scored a bullet power header from a corner. Looking forward to the IF!

pitch-498608.jpg

William Carvalho is so cheap btw. Also get Gaitan LW, he's quite good.
  • BlitzersNL
    IF Slimani has a TMR of 93,31.
    That's +3,06. That's not bad
  • BlitzersNL
    Slimy.png
  • TheSuperDerek
    2900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Definitely picking up Slimani
  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    BlitzersNL wrote: »

pitch-498608.jpg

I'm using that LW because every year I have a challenge that I have to win a tournament using at least one player from every single nation in the game, and a player from every single club that has a gold player in it on the game.
    Using Heldon will get Cape Verde Islands and Rio Ave crossed off the list!
    Carvalho did seem very good and a perfect player to sit in midfield.

• Kove
    4119 posts National Call-Up
    Is there a TMR for Falcao? Looking at his stats I can see him being really good
  • TheRev
    293 posts Sunday League Hero

pitch-498608.jpg

I'm using that LW because every year I have a challenge that I have to win a tournament using at least one player from every single nation in the game, and a player from every single club that has a gold player in it on the game.
    Using Heldon will get Cape Verde Islands and Rio Ave crossed off the list!
    Carvalho did seem very good and a perfect player to sit in midfield.

A bit off topic, but I had the exact opposite experience w/ Carvalho, even with instructions he bombed forward into attack way too often rather than sit back and protect my CBs. I'm probably going to end up replacing him with Ali Ghazal for those L/H work rates.
  • TheSuperDerek
    2900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Slimani is pretty good based off the three games I've played with him. Well worth the coins. Although I think I'm more impressed with CAM Jonas and Gaitan.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    44971851259353d7a155dca9a70a7632.png
    mmmmmm :yum:
  • Uacan90
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How about Jackson Martinez ?
  • Ridikuluz
    7696 posts League Winner
    edited October 2015
    I used IF Slimani for 2 games and he scored 6 goals so I'm rather pleased. Brahimi is one of few wingers players to actually dribble accordingly to their stats. Feels really silky. 2609909733e2f95cb5fbfc2f473f8b5c.png
  • lucliu
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The best target man in FIFA 16 now.
  • Lunahtic95
    178 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    c90df714fc6328fdd653ea09c9d58a01.png
    ea1f2eaadc9568d846624624081a0be3.png

He is **** awesome!!
    Winning, winning and winning with this team
  • DoD_Jester
    26628 posts Player of the Year
    might have to jump on the slimani hype, havent found a striker that works at all yet
  • Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lunahtic95 wrote: »
    c90df714fc6328fdd653ea09c9d58a01.png
    ea1f2eaadc9568d846624624081a0be3.png

He is **** awesome!!
    Winning, winning and winning with this team

His volleys are phenomenal. Reminds me of UT13 TOTS Giroud almost
  • PezMan123
    859 posts An Exciting Prospect
    is 433 (2) the best formation for a target man?
  • Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just scored a outrageous scorpion kick with Slamini from a narrow angle from near the edge of the box. Absolutely class.
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Slimani is absolute **** ****
  • Frimpong
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    How are you getting goals with target men? goal keepers dont allow crosses and those that are accurate are weak headers.
  • Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    Frimpong wrote: »
    How are you getting goals with target men? goal keepers dont allow crosses and those that are accurate are weak headers.

Try cutting in then crossing or simply crossing from much deeper than in previous FIFA'S.

• Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    Terminator wrote: »

Get out...

• Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Dan_AFC90 wrote: »
    Terminator wrote: »

Get out...

Cant do anything for me except win headers at the middle line
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mmm bought this...

caLlrf1.png
  • BlitzersNL
    Chow wrote: »
    Mmm bought this...

caLlrf1.png

Laporte! Wish I could afford him
  • Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmm bought this...

caLlrf1.png

Nice team, let me know how the formation plays. Love IF Slimani but difficult to fit into a fun side without Carillo / Brahimi

• BlitzersNL
    Mmm bought this...

caLlrf1.png

Nice team, let me know how the formation plays. Love IF Slimani but difficult to fit into a fun side without Carillo / Brahimi

@Dan_AFC90 try Montero at CAM
  • Dan_AFC90
    1431 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mmm bought this...

caLlrf1.png

Just bought an IF Ozil so going to attempt to hybrid the two somehow. 4231 wide with Brahimi / Walcott out wide should work and go from there
  • BlitzersNL
    Mmm bought this...

caLlrf1.png

Just bought an IF Ozil so going to attempt to hybrid the two somehow. 4231 wide with Brahimi / Walcott out wide should work and go from there

Mahrez rm?