The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

The Ultimate Targetman Guide

Comments

• CFC-shazaam
    6327 posts Big Money Move
    Hey pals Have any of you got a review for ID Luuk De Jong, I was thinking of playing in a 4-3-3 (default)
  • BlitzersNL
    24976 posts Player of the Year
    Hey pals Have any of you got a review for ID Luuk De Jong, I was thinking of playing in a 4-3-3 (default)

@CFC-shazaam I might be slightly but I really like him. He's very complete for a striker. He just lacks pace. Can win any header, but he loses some due to his strenght. But 80 strenght is very nice with his jumping. He's always in the right place, got nice passing for a striker and can finish everything.

I really like him
  • Wilfo777
    509 posts Sunday League Hero
    Love this mate, particularly the target man rating thing :p

Do you not think aggression or workrates should be considered in the system though? Would be hard I suppose because there are many different opinions on "good" workrates. Also would be cool if you could get a table for all the best ones, or maybe even a graphic ;)

Aduriz or Big Andy have always been quality from my experience, but this year I like the look of Djordjevic despite the wr's.
  • BlitzersNL
    Wilfo777 wrote: »
    Love this mate, particularly the target man rating thing :p

Do you not think aggression or workrates should be considered in the system though? Would be hard I suppose because there are many different opinions on "good" workrates. Also would be cool if you could get a table for all the best ones, or maybe even a graphic ;)

Aduriz or Big Andy have always been quality from my experience, but this year I like the look of Djordjevic despite the wr's.

@Wilfo777 WIll do a graphic I think, great idea. Bit busy with school this week, that's more important than FIFA for me though ;)

I'll probably do some maintainance on sunday I think
  • Boothy
    6919 posts Big Money Move
    A few from the K-League you could check out.

Primary Stats:
    • Heading = 84
    • Positioning = 82
    • Jumping = 75
    • Strength = 81
    • Finishing = 82
    • Height = 87

Secondary Stats:
    • Short Passing = 75
    • Ball Control = 76
    • Shotpower = 85

Target Man Rating: 87.78

Primary Stats:
    • Heading = 86
    • Positioning = 78
    • Jumping = 56
    • Strength = 93
    • Finishing = 79
    • Height = 96

Secondary Stats:
    • Short Passing = 64
    • Ball Control = 69
    • Shotpower = 77

Target Man Rating: 85.38

Primary Stats:
    • Heading = 81
    • Positioning = 79
    • Jumping = 73
    • Strength = 91
    • Finishing = 78
    • Height = 88

Secondary Stats:
    • Short Passing = 63
    • Ball Control = 65
    • Shotpower = 77

Target Man Rating: 85.36
  • Dowls
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2015
    Ok, so aduriz is an absolute godly mofo. He's made so many goals out of nothing for me. Playing a Target man just makes simplistic football happen and I love how it looks!

Just won 7-3 vs some cheap-ish inter team and Aduriz was the scorer all 7 times. I only conceded because I was messing around at the back too!

16bcabeb3261a35b7fe9f2a9fec4cb61.jpg
    80b52f049dd5828686788a4de8d1cdc0.png
  • DrWorm
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have I missed it, or is Dzyuba not in the list? I feel he has been superb for me so far.
  • Joe the 147
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you've used him much, how do you find Luca Toni?

I've only played one game so far but have him in my team and was certainly winning headers. Didn't get in a position to send a ball into him in the box though.
  • would really love to see a video on how u guys using a target man..
    im using Slimani right now quite good..but when i try to keep the ball..the defenders always steal the ball even from behind
  • Kove
    4123 posts National Call-Up
    Signing in for 16 with:
    gomez02.jpg

Mach es fur Deutschland. #Daretochacha
  • BlitzersNL
    would really love to see a video on how u guys using a target man..
    im using Slimani right now quite good..but when i try to keep the ball..the defenders always steal the ball even from behind

I'm **** at videos
  • Frimpong
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    Struggling with crosses and headers at the moment, Keepers are too OP with the punches. Using Ibra, keepers nearly always wreck through him.

Some tips though, use the shield button with back to goal and draw defenders in, then fake shot backwards and you nearly always will knock past them and throw them off balance and you will be free to shoot.

Nice guide.
  • Darth
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    I really like IF De Jong, he makes my team play better and the CAM behind him is scoring goals for fun.
  • Thanks for this awesome guide! I've always wanted to play a one striker/target man formation. :)

This is a cheap little squad I threw together that works pretty well.

3GkYRo4.jpg

I tried the 433 (2)/(4) at first but kept getting burned on the counter, so I switched to the 4231(2). I really like having both CDMs with M/H workrates, because even with the "Stay back while attacking" instruction they will end up going forward a bit.

• LS
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    j0yYChv.jpg?1
  • BlitzersNL
    I will start adding soon again, sorry guys
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Got 4 to 5 DNF
    92218de05ab72941572687ba88795284.png
  • Hi can anyone help please does anyone use any other player instructions than target man on the striker..any other positions? I am just finding the space between players huge and I'ma lways passing the ball to the opposition so if you can help inadvance iwth player/custom tac that would be great :-)
  • Terminator
    8655 posts League Winner
    Don't like Toni
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Anyone tried Djordevic? Worried about his WR.
  • ChrisLFC
    7246 posts Big Money Move
    I prefer to have a guy a bit smaller but more mobile eg. Martinez, Benzema, Balotelli.

Here's my starter team with Balo:

PFPmOt3.png

Balotellli wins most headers, holds up play well and is an aerial threat. So he does his job as a target man whilst having the benefits of being able to run in behind and dribble out of trouble. I've scored 6 in 4 games with him. I'm still getting to gripes with the shooting as well so should've scored more. He's well worth the 2.8k I bought him for and I'd recommend him to anyway who struggles to use immobile target men like Traore. Although Jackson is obviously my dream 'mobile target man' when I get the coins.
  • Hey guys. I really like this thread.
    I normally play around skillers, but I'm going to try something a little out of my comfort zone this year and follow the suggestions on this thread.
    If anyone can recommend their favourite target man squad please message me here, or @CallMeWalz on twitter.
  • jordansky1111
    6945 posts Big Money Move
    Used Giroud in futdraft. He was unreal
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13156 posts Has That Special Something
    Darth wrote: »
    I really like IF De Jong, he makes my team play better and the CAM behind him is scoring goals for fun.

Sure you're not just saying that because he's A PSV IF? ;)

His balance blows imo
  • Frimpong wrote: »
    Struggling with crosses and headers at the moment, Keepers are too OP with the punches. Using Ibra, keepers nearly always wreck through him.

Some tips though, use the shield button with back to goal and draw defenders in, then fake shot backwards and you nearly always will knock past them and throw them off balance and you will be free to shoot.

Nice guide.
    Crosses and headers are soo good for me. Early crosses are the **** they always leave me with a clean header
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    edited September 2015
    This could be a new challenge for me with my MLS 4-2-3-1 (2)

8a29eb7580dd2f273c1e4a92667a5859.png

He is 6'2" and has 81 strength on his 66 rated NIF. Jumping should get to near 70. Finishing near 70 as well with 80+ shot power. Heading near 70. Not bad for a 69 rated silver. I hope,since EA is in Canada and he is Canadian, he gets an in form for his hat trick while breaking the rookie scoring record in MLS.

Obviously there are a bunch of golds that are better but for a 69 rated, it should be good and/or silver squads.

Edit: Actually it sounds like he will be 70 rated so probably 70 or more on his finishing, jumping, and heading plus 83+ on shot power and strength. :smiley:
  • hansie-fcu
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lukaku vs Benteke vs Rondon? Who to pick
  • BlitzersNL
    hansie-fcu wrote: »

Neither.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11028 posts Moderator
    hansie-fcu wrote: »